Tower of Death II Oct. 27th 10pm est.

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Dark_Radiance

Tower of Death II Oct. 27th 10pm est.

Post by Dark_Radiance »

TOWER OF DEATH II

Well Oct. 27th will be one year since I started on this shard, so what better way to celebrate then to run an event? This is will be a much bigger and harder verison of the first Tower of Death, with at least 10x the loot!! To start off, not only will there be a total of three small house deeds, I will also be tossing my very large magic weapons collection(including my +25vanq katana with 20charges of thunder), all unused that I've saved up from all the tmaps/sos's I've done. Pictures and more details will be added as I finish setting up the tower.
I just wanted to get the word out so I can get the largest crowd possible to attend.

*Side Note*
Do not bring anything you do not wish or can afford to lose. This event will most likely end up being heavy on the pvp side. Town guards are just one screen north and there will be a wandering healer near by for a quick rez. Also, as mentioned vesper guard zone is just one screen north of the tower. Meaning if you must, you can always run through vesper to the bank.

Date of Event: Tuesday Oct. 27th
Time of Event: 10pm est.
Location: Tower directly east of the Vesper Inn Library (see picture below)
location.jpg
location.jpg (38.07 KiB) Viewed 8180 times
RULES:
Just a few simple rules;
#1: No pets*mounts are ok, but nightmares are not to be used*
#2: No casting of ev's or blades, area spells are ok such as poison/fire fields
#3: Taming of creatures already inside the tower are not allowed
#4: Killing/attacking my chars. They will be doing nothing other than recording the action that takes place. I would perfer the rpv's to be in color so please leave them alone. They will be wearing bright orange robes and should be hidden during most of the event.
Name of chars not to attack: Darkradiance; Runner; and SoupSandwich.

The LooT:
There will be lockeddown chests throughout the tower, if you see something you like inside them, then loot away. Along side the random loot there will be a total of 3 small house deeds, with one located in each of the first three levels of the tower. On the roof, there is a multi level maze that will be very difficult to complete. At the end of the maze there is a 5point trophy sitting on a table for the first person to grab. Also due to the design of the maze, once at the end you will be suck there. To leave, there will be rune books with recall charges in them to recall to a bank, or back to the front of the tower.
Deed one.jpg
Deed one.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 8023 times
A few of the high end magic weapons on lvl one are:
+25 vanq short spear, +10 vanq war axe, +15 vanq war axe
deed two.jpg
deed two.jpg (60.27 KiB) Viewed 8023 times
High end magics found on lvl two are:
+25 power Kryss, +10 silver vanq bardiche
Last edited by Dark_Radiance on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Dark_Radiance

Re: Tower of Death II

Post by Dark_Radiance »

Deed three.jpg
Deed three.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 8023 times
Last edited by Dark_Radiance on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Awsome man . I've loved your stuff though I have not been able to attend an event .. For me two weeks is a long time away to make a def. YES ..

But with timing I can't see to many reason why I would miss this event .. as ways for any REAL event I'm happy to help with any way I can .. Rather it be supply regs pots DP aids .. time or what ever . If I can help let me know .. If there is any way I can make it work I will ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

This Event seem to also be taking place near the Thirsty Clam .. so as a staff member I would Like to Invite every over for a PEACEFUL drink after event .. I will talk with others clam staff about being there for an after party..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

princesspeach

Re: Tower of Death II Oct. 27th 10pm est.

Post by princesspeach »

OOO FUN ILL BE THERE!
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

lord fizzler

Post by lord fizzler »

me ot i dont know how to get there though

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

horrible event, unless your in a pk guild with 10 members logged on.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

The start of it pretty much sucked. Walked two steps in the building, dead.

But then they all fought upstairs for a while... I snuck in... and grabbed the Stone & Plaster House Deed from the bottom room with pouches! Score!

Grabbed a ton of weapons & armor too for ID-ing. Who knows what they are!

I rated this 7/10. Would have rated it 10/10 if it wasn't for the nutso PKs. But that's part of the game!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Woot. 3D maze = genius.

Only person to get to lvl3 = genuis.

Nice, easy 80K. Thanks, Dark!
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Dark_Radiance

Post by Dark_Radiance »

First off I would like to thank everyone that showed up, and a special thanx to Derrick for helping out. It should of been quite obvious that pk's would show up. Every major event there will be pk's, it makes the events more fun in my opinion. Or at least it makes it alot more entertaining to watch. As stated above, a non pvp guild player was able to get a small house deed, and the first person to finish the maze (gateman) was also a non pvp char. Next time don't bother to come if you can't enjoy the pvp aspect of the game.

Anyone who would like to share what they were able to loot please post here. Also if the pk's could share how many counts they recieved, not that it matters, I'm just curious on how often they were reported.

*I will edit this post and link the rpv's once I have them uploaded in the correct forum*
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12063
Last edited by Dark_Radiance on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Cmon now everyone, It was the Tower of Death....not the tower of walk in and get free loot. The whole point was that you EARNED what you could get and that you didn't take anything you couldn't live without.

I set a dragon loose inside and somehow stayed grey the whole event hiding in my house in cove where Jab0 took advantage and jumped me while afk.

If you want something , fight for it. If you don't fight for it...you didn't really want it to begin with.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

Actually I think it would be a lot more fun if it was just people competing to loot things as fast as they can digging through everything. Would be fun if there were like tons and tons of chests just stacks and stacks of random stuff (75% of it all just mostly junk) while there are tons of trapped chests. People would be dying left and right and would have to race to the healers which could be on the first floor and you would have to get in a line to get ressed lol. That, in my opinion, would be fun. Even though some people got away with stuff, I have to much pride to just sit there and be killed over and over by some pk guild that obviously recruits any noob willing to join. Yeah you say it's going to have pvp and stuff but yet you say not to bring anything you don't want to lose. I did not see one real pvp char except for Pancakes who was in the pk guild. This event was just lame, if I wanted a full on pvp war well it will happen in due time when I am done macroing and seek out my army and it will be on the field and not on some stupid server war (which I never participate in). I left full well knowing I could still easily get tons of loot if I just kept getting ressed and trying, but I left on princible alone. I would rather miss out on free house deeds and magic items than to be killed over and over and be made a fool of. Someday I will make a similar event and it will be done the right way.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

Well I am sure there were some people not happy about it, I was thinking there was going to be pks waiting outside the tower to kill people that try to run to the guard zone. Not 10 pks running up and down the tower. Might as well call it the RIP loot everything event. Sorry I have not had the time to macro a stealthier yet MY BAD. And I think it's kinda funny to when Guardian Knight complains about POO guild gating to the bank and anyone dumb enough to go through it gets killed, but yet you think this is totally cute and fun, well that would make you a hypocrite IMO.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I stocked the event with monsters, i didn't actually partake in any looting and i killed no one. The only time i killed anyone was with my tamer when the event was over to clear out pks.

Monika you are a new player and i'm sure someday you will try everything at least once before you decide this game is too boring to even login. TBH i have decided that being the good guy with me should only be with my in game business and broker deals. Because not a single person on this server , friendly to me or not, would not think twice about killing me or luring me into a house to die. And while you aren't as bad as quite a few people here, you did take part in killing me using a blocked off house....and if i got you back, i'm truly sorry. Though i am pretty sure the only people that i have killed are thieves with no loot and pks. So i find it odd that you would fit into either category to be angry about it.

My gameplay just isn't limited to one side anymore, though i will still flag scammers and griefers.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

Well I mean I recount my last statement I mean I know your a good person, that's why after we killed you when you went through the gate I sold all your gems and gave you your 10k back. Was just frustrated with the event. I mean I loved the wild dragons and stuff like that, I had fun with the dragon on the third floor I outsmarted it a couple of times, but I kept failing to hide and people kept luring it to me and pking me.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles: