Academy Event: "Delivery Mishap" 01/02 @ 1:00pm EST

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Academy Event: "Delivery Mishap" 01/02 @ 1:00pm EST

Post by Daolin »

"Delivery Mishap" - A lesson in Magical Creature Handling
Event Date: Saturday, January 2nd @ 1:00pm EST
Estimated time: 40-60 minutes
Britannia Royal Zoo in Moonglow

Objective: Students will understand how to interact and care for various magical creatures.

"There has been some sort of mistake in the shipment of these animals. We were going to learn about some very simple magical worms and beetles. I have been sent the wrong shipment, and to make matters worse, things have become a little out of control. Students, I am going to need your help to clean up this mess before the councils of either city finds out. I will still reward points to each house, and I am sure you will learn more than you ever cared to about these creatures at the same time. In return, I will discuss with the council members about pledging more money for the grand prize. I will keep you posted on this!

Bring plenty of bandaids.

~ Headmaster Marfu"

Magical Creatures: Ahh.. well.. I don't really want to discuss them here, otherwise I'm afraid no one will come to help. I can assure you though that you have either little or no experience with this lot.

Assignment (3 points)
1. Arrive at the scheduled location with a robe dyed to represent your city's house in the academy.
2. Make sure you have plenty of reagents packed away to complete the task.
3. Make sure you are on time. This is a timed event, and coming late will hurt your team. Although, coming late is better than not coming at all.
4. Form a party with your city and I will explain all the rules and details at the Zoo. While you wait for me, feel free to explore the zoo. (Although to be honest, the Zoo has been in poor shape as of late).

** As with all events, please do not come with anything you do not mind losing. I do not expect there to be any PvP, but it is always a possible factor.

** Bonus points awarded for tasks will be announced at the Zoo **

EXTRA CREDIT: 8 points

I need a student from each house who has an available tower for use. I am giving a lot of points for this because the Tower has a slight chance of burning down in the process. Bloody, gory, deco with boxes and scattered boards, and broken objects will do. All 4 levels will be in use. Be careful about having anything around that someone can pick up. This is available to one student from each house. We will require 2 towers total.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Summary:

Students were presented with a task to clean up a mess of magical creatures. The task was large enough that each city was going to split up the task, tackling a tower of their own. Each house had some limitations (No pets, bard skills, or EQ) and would have to "handle" these magical creatures within a 30 minute time frame. The first house of students to finish was awarded bonus points to their city's score. Students were gated to their locations and awaited their fate.

The headmaster underestimated the power of Energy Vortexes. These towers were getting cleaned very quickly! Both teams are sure to finish, but who first?

Both houses battled at the same time to "handle" the ancient wyrm on the roof. This was either city's great finish.

The battle was close for both, but Magincia gained the lead and won an additional 15 points. Moonglow's very close finish earned them an additional 5 points as well. Moonglow is looking to show up strong for the last several events.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Results: Magincia Wins!

Magincia: 41 Points!
  • Attendance: 18 points!
    • Luca - 3
    • Calista - 3
    • Caswallon - 3
    • Zeus - 3
    • Choking victim - 3
    • Maahes - 3 ** Points for setup only (Thanks Maahes!)
    Bonus Points: 23 Points!
    • 15 points for finishing in first.
    • 8 points for hosting the tower (Thanks Luca!)
Moonglow: 28 Points!
  • Attendance: 15 Points!
    • Blackfoot - 3
    • Drazaos - 3
    • Gicod - 3
    • Felix - 3
    • Faculty - 3 ** Newly recruited
    Bonus Points: 13 Points!
    • 5 points for a close finish behind Magincia.
    • 8 points for hosting the tower (Thanks Draz!)
Last edited by Daolin on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Luca|Blight

Re: Academy Event: "Delivery Mishap" 01/03 @ 4:00pm EST

Post by Luca|Blight »

Can use the tower I showed you.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Luca|Blight wrote:Can use the tower I showed you.
Alright, we have a spot for Magincia then!

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Swapped the date to Saturday. I'm still looking for a volunteer tower on the Moonglow side!

Drazaos

Re: Academy Event: "Delivery Mishap" 01/02 @ 1:00pm EST

Post by Drazaos »

I could, possibly donate my tower, but would have to have one of the rooms on the second level blocked off, since its my old uo-roommates room to that building. =P Don't know how much space in it we'll need. *shrugs* I'll pm you (Marfu) asap, when I get back home on this....

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Drazaos wrote:I could, possibly donate my tower, but would have to have one of the rooms on the second level blocked off, since its my old uo-roommates room to that building. =P Don't know how much space in it we'll need. *shrugs* I'll pm you (Marfu) asap, when I get back home on this....
Excellent! I was just about to give up on Moonglow for the extra credit. The more space you have, the better for your team I think. I'm sure we can work something out though. It really isn't terribly strict. I'll be home later tonight to discuss on IRC.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

This is tomorrow! Come prepared!

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

1 hour until the event.

romm221b

Post by romm221b »

Fixed the problem.
[12:40] <Derrick> all healthcare is free in britainnia. I guess it does work in some places.
[12:40] <Layt> boom. health reform in 30 seconds. take a page from Derrick's book obama
My IRC name: Zebulone
My Characters: Zeus,Muay Thai,Rem Jr

Zane

Post by Zane »

I've got an appointment I need to head out to right now, sorry. Hope the other Moonglow players make it.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Magincia wins the event! The original post is updated with more info and pictures on the event.
7.jpg
7.jpg (100.78 KiB) Viewed 7290 times

Return to “Event Archives”