DUNGEON CRAWL - New time/Trip Leader!

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
ArchaicSubrosa

Re: DUNGEON CRAWL - New time/Trip Leader!

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

BlackFoot wrote:Pkers are part of the game
if you cant handle a little bit of death you prolly shouldnt come on these tours of duty
But that tbeing said - a message to the pkers
If you are a pk or are in a pker guild please pk at these events with some honour, a lot of the people coming to these events are newer less established players (which is why they want to hunt in a group) , it is a big deal to them when they die (as in it takes along long time for them to get gear again and get back into the fun)
Please if you do pk dont dry loot peoples bone armour/ruin weapons and stuff that isnt valuable to you so we can continue the hunt and get guys back out there
If you see a guy in a death robe on foot ressurecting ghosts at half health dont ress kill them, you really have nothing to gain and they are trying to get things going again
These events are for the shard and all its players (hunters and pkers alike) and as players on the shard we are a large community like it or not, lets try and play our rolls without the ugliness so these events can continue with success for all of us :o
I am very pleased you spoke to the reds in this fashion, and although I haven't been on a crawl yet...I know this is what I have been missing from the UO experience and I can tell by your tone you are a very promising leader. Next time you see me around "Venomous Ash" ...I would be honored if you would come by and say hi. Britain has been my haven of choice, despite all it's crime. I have a love hate relationship with the theives there you see. I think adventures like these would benefit them tremendously in the proper way to use their skills as they were meant.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

NEXT DUNGEON RAID LEAVING FROM WEST BRITAIN BANK IN 15 MINUTES MEEET UP THERE!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Tonight we went on a recruiting mission to banks around the map to find willing volunteers to go neck deep into the unknown! We found a few new players and a few old players to come join us on a trip into Wrong. To make things interesting for themselves a couple of the veterans created new characters with beginning skill levels and joined us on our trip.
We grouped up at Shadowmire and gated into Wrong.
We immediately had one of our group murdered by a toad but he was quickyl dispatched as shown below. It was a pretty interesting crawl considering wrong is not one of the most idfficult dungeons to tackle, but with a much more novice level character group this turned into quite the battle!
We made our way through level one of the dungeon and into the basement.
Once again a blue character showed up and decided to greif the party by throwing an ev into the middle of our group. Darkradiance was quick on his feet and energy fielded off the narrow hallway and the pker to be was soon stomped under the toes of some newbie swords! impressive also shown below.
We went to the main chamber in teh basement and had some real difficulites with the ogre lord. After some technical difficulties and some extreme ressurecting we managed to kill it. Fwerps quote of the night ' I have cast ressurection tonight more than any other spell!'
he wasnt joking
all in all a very fun time

Thanks everyone for coming and I hope to see you next time

Blackfoot

Note: We have just registered a IRC room #UOH
you are all more than welcome to join or idle in it to keep up with when we are going to do hunts and to coem and take part
joining the guild is not mandetory
Attachments
wrong3.JPG
wrong2.jpg
wrong2.jpg (94.41 KiB) Viewed 3638 times
wrong1.JPG

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Attachments
wrong5.JPG
wrong8.JPG

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Oh, Wrong! How I have waited for that Crawl seeing as The Humble Village of Awesome is right next to it! I bet I'll make it another time. ;)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you sir! have terrible timing

Pro

Post by Pro »

I held that group together you guys are just lucky I was there

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

please continue to join us! hahah

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

BlackFoot wrote:you sir! have terrible timing
I know! lol! ;)

pollycracker89
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pollycracker89 »

anything going on today? :D

<chainsoar> pancakes you're the craziest person here

[14:48] <@Mammoth> You can trade in game warez for pumpkin pies

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

About Player Orginization in these crawls... Are there specific tasks the players must perform in the party, like job titles to help maintain the survivability of all involved? I noticed that the dispelling of gates has caused some trouble. Perhaps multiple gating could help? How confusing is communication? Do you buddy system having smaller parties in a larger one? Just some basics about how you operate.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:About Player Orginization in these crawls... Are there specific tasks the players must perform in the party, like job titles to help maintain the survivability of all involved? I noticed that the dispelling of gates has caused some trouble. Perhaps multiple gating could help? How confusing is communication? Do you buddy system having smaller parties in a larger one? Just some basics about how you operate.
It seems to me there should be leaders of smaller groups that are connected themselves to the Main Party Leader...a chain of command.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

unfortunately the party system deosnt allow that kind of organiziation, sub groups and waht not and we dont use voice communication during these events
We all try to be in a party and have a few life bars up and help each other out
as soon as we get a few more qualified trip leaders it will be easy to have leaders of groups

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

BlackFoot wrote:unfortunately the party system deosnt allow that kind of organiziation, sub groups and waht not and we dont use voice communication during these events
We all try to be in a party and have a few life bars up and help each other out
as soon as we get a few more qualified trip leaders it will be easy to have leaders of groups
You could just buddy system right? One leader with maybe the newest chars and smaller parties of two or three who can buddy up? This will train the characters in working together in smaller units.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

In regards to earlier post it would be easier to all be of the same guild yet in different parties...then all could address the party leader and then seperately their buddy(S)