PVP League - Season 2 ---Friday the 26th START --1v1 and 2v2

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Pro

Re: PVP League - Season 2 ---Friday the 26th START --1v1 and 2v2

Post by Pro »

Vlastslav wrote:
Markmosthandsome wrote:tbh i think we can all agree double click and follow is pretty low skill

tbh i think we can all agree that last target macro is pretty low skill, as is double click follow every 2 seconds with a halby

kk I'll be over here speaking English.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Faust wrote:I would much rather watch a tank mage duel than a dexer duel for 5 minutes... If you think tank mages are boring than watching two people sit their and auto bash at each other doing nothing else is well beyond boring.
If you mixed in poisoning along with a small confined space to prevent rampant running, the fight is more enjoyable than watching Feeblemind > Ebolt > Hally > Heal > Repeat.
Faust wrote:That is a simple fact for the majority of the playerbase rather it's your opinion or not.
I think its more of the fact that either a.) the majority of the playerbase is too afraid of losing to play any other pvp build outside the dominant tank mage or b.) they choose to play tank mage in tourneys because every other template is gimped by stupid rules and regulations.

I'm with Vlast, lets have an anything goes tourney.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

Vlastslav wrote:
Markmosthandsome wrote:tbh i think we can all agree double click and follow is pretty low skill

tbh i think we can all agree that last target macro is pretty low skill, as is double click follow every 2 seconds with a halby
Shows how little you really know and explains the reason that you use a dexer. :lol:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

ive already had enough interest and pms and this thread about people wanting to do full field rules, but non of them signed up for the season...
if you want full field rules simply sign up for the season and only compete against the other players who want to play full field rules.

I know its a different concept in that you get to decide the rules of your fight, but no one seems to understand that that is how it actually works. They are reading it, but not grasping it.

In season 1 i was dissappointed to only see a handful of fights that were interesting. There were several full field + loot duels. There were a few boxing matches, a let each others horse attack the other player with no healing or fighting back match.

Only 1 dexxer in the league, who almost made the playoffs.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Post by Faust »

Only 3 people from Season 1 has signed up so far this time around...

Doesn't surprise me that Kylock bailed... :lol:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i havnt added a lot of people that have signed up on irc/pm but havnt paid yet
easier to get their money then do the paperwork

Faust

Post by Faust »

Well at least that is some good news to see...

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

also we got most entries as the season went on we started the season with 4 or 5 peopel i think hehehe

revoke

Post by revoke »

Count me in for anything goes (I can exclude explosion pots if the other party agrees, I do find them annoying and a waste to use in tourneys.)

I'll get with you tomorrow night for the payment, Blackfoot.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Vlastslav wrote:

Is this a legitament statement?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Having played Chessy since right before T2A to UO:R - there were never duel rules there unless it was in some tiny guild who never played. I played with 3 of the largest guilds there in J-D, OiN, KoC and against LoD which moved from pacific. There was never any discussion of "duel rules" even at the near nightly 1v1's at LoD's tower on Fire Isle. Perhaps "all servers" should be rephrased to "baja".

Faust

Post by Faust »

I have read multiple pvp guides while doing research that were written from people on all different shards that used a general concensus for duel rules that were pretty much the same as Baja. I know many decent pvper's from Chessy that has always used the standard "duel rules", sorry. If a lot of those people didn't do it Pre:UOR they do now. :wink:

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

noxmonk wrote:Having played Chessy since right before T2A to UO:R - there were never duel rules there unless it was in some tiny guild who never played. I played with 3 of the largest guilds there in J-D, OiN, KoC and against LoD which moved from pacific. There was never any discussion of "duel rules" even at the near nightly 1v1's at LoD's tower on Fire Isle. Perhaps "all servers" should be rephrased to "baja".
I'm with Nox on this. I use to compete on FireIsle and I never ran into 'duel rules' with either my mage killa or my tanks.

Regardless, the defaults here provides for potions so at least someone got it right.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Faust wrote:I have read multiple pvp guides while doing research that were written from people on all different shards that used a general concensus for duel rules that were pretty much the same as Baja. I know many decent pvper's from Chessy that has always used the standard "duel rules", sorry. If a lot of those people didn't do it Pre:UOR they do now. :wink:
Might have worked from west to east server wise, which would help to explain why I encountered it on Napa Valley before Chesapeake.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

ok back from vacation will be updating board asap