PVP League - Season 2 ---Friday the 26th START --1v1 and 2v2

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
aXe

Re: PVP League - Season 2 ---Friday the 26th START --1v1 and 2v2

Post by aXe »

Explo pots allowed in a 1v1? rofl blackfoot count me out, that's retarded.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

THATS WAY TO LAME MAN, I LIKE... HAVE TO THINK UP NEW COMBOS OTHER THAN HOLD EB AND HALBY HIT......... PFFT FUCK THIS SEASON.

Well you removed everything else from the fights, mine as well remove exp pots.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Vlastslav wrote:Mages cant handle most of the skills in the game other than the cookie cutter tank mage, hence why there are duel "RULES" in the first place. This entire league thing is fucking stupid anyways, most of the duels last over 5 minutes and are extremely boring to watch and or do. This season should be 1v1 and 2v2 field - anything goes. Then youd really have something going.
Would you not allow house hiding either?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Pro

Post by Pro »

vlastlavs extreme field super combo: point + click, explo pot macro, offscreen.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Vlastslav wrote:Mages cant handle most of the skills in the game other than the cookie cutter tank mage, hence why there are duel "RULES" in the first place. This entire league thing is fucking stupid anyways, most of the duels last over 5 minutes and are extremely boring to watch and or do. This season should be 1v1 and 2v2 field - anything goes. Then youd really have something going.
Your opinion falls into the minority playerbase for this era thus resulting in the "duel rules" for all UO servers. Most people prefer eliminating items from pvp that are additional luck factors added to a system that already has too many to begin with. Spells take precision and timing to cast them even though their damage result is a luck factor. A dexer on the other hand has very few of these functions. If you add a few spells like curing, debuffs, etc... it adds a little boost to their skill level. However, just about 90+ percent of a dexer build is based on luck.

I would much rather watch a tank mage duel than a dexer duel for 5 minutes... If you think tank mages are boring than watching two people sit their and auto bash at each other doing nothing else is well beyond boring.

Removing potions, poisoning, and all other functions that add additional luck factors is simply more beneficial to dueling.

That is a simple fact for the majority of the playerbase rather it's your opinion or not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:
Your opinion falls into the minority playerbase for this era thus resulting in the "duel rules" for all UO servers. Most people prefer eliminating items from pvp that are additional luck factors added to a system that already has too many to begin with. Spells take precision and timing to cast them even though their damage result is a luck factor. A dexer on the other hand has very few of these functions. If you add a few spells like curing, debuffs, etc... it adds a little boost to their skill level. However, just about 90+ percent of a dexer build is based on luck.

I would much rather watch a tank mage duel than a dexer duel for 5 minutes... If you think tank mages are boring than watching two people sit their and auto bash at each other doing nothing else is well beyond boring.

Removing potions, poisoning, and all other functions that add additional luck factors is simply more beneficial to dueling.

That is a simple fact for the majority of the playerbase rather it's your opinion or not.
Faust,

You drip with bias.

Care to possibly explain to me why potions are luck? Is there a chance element much different than casting that I'm not aware of?

Potions are available to all, even your precious mage, so why woudln't it be utilized in duels?

It's pretty obvious that the 'standard duel ruleset' is made to try to exclude object based combantants. You can wrap this up to a "it's a skill thing" but it's not. It's a pure and simple pathetic nerf.

Poisoning is available to all but macers but there is a chance element so I could see a case for their exclusion.

Summed up, Vlasts previous statements that Tanks need things nerfed to stay supreme stands and you just help support that argument.

It's funny, how red potions are usually allowed....but cures and heals are frowned upon. I'm sure that you can explain why a total refresh isn't a luck based thing and how it doesn't have anything to do with ensuring that a insta-hit hally @ 25 dex is helped.
Last edited by Kraarug on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

this is upto the players
this concept sitll has not been grasped by a large portion of the people who havnt participated in the league.
If players wanted to play full field rules, they simply would.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

aXe wrote:Explo pots allowed in a 1v1? rofl blackfoot count me out, that's retarded.
explode pots are allowed if you decide they are allowed.
Please everyone read the rules again.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Vlastslav wrote:THATS WAY TO LAME MAN, I LIKE... HAVE TO THINK UP NEW COMBOS OTHER THAN HOLD EB AND HALBY HIT......... PFFT FUCK THIS SEASON.

Well you removed everything else from the fights, mine as well remove exp pots.
nothing has been removed from any fights
please read the rules again

Faust

Post by Faust »

I guess you didn't read my post very well Kraarug...

- Your opinion falls into the minority playerbase for this era thus resulting in the "duel rules" for all UO servers.
- Most people prefer eliminating items from pvp that are additional luck factors added to a system that already has too many to begin with.
- Removing potions, poisoning, and all other functions that add additional luck factors is simply more beneficial to dueling. That is a simple fact for the majority of the playerbase rather it's your opinion or not.

Take a look at those three key points in my post...

Potions add additonal random damage aka luck factor.
Poison adds additional random damage aka luck factor.
Healing potions adds additional random hp aka luck factor.

I clearly said in my response that "removing" functions that create additional luck factors that are already in the game is preferable by the majority of the pvper's here. Also, I never once said that I wasn't bias in regard to this topic. I am no more bias than you are towards your beloved dexer opinion.

Again, the "majority" prefers these "rule sets" that you call them based on their opinion surrounding a better and more skillful dueling environment. This may not be your same opinion, but the fact remains that the majority of the pvper's prefer those rules. When a majority holds an opinion such as this typically that opinion follows through. This has been the case for well over ten years now for this topic rather you accept it or not...

PS
Blackfoot he is talking about the "no" this and that rules which was already established. He is pretty much objecticing his opinion that you have already said "no" too many other items that you might as well do the same for potions. In other words he's trying to make a mockery out of your reasoning for the other item removals.
Last edited by Faust on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote: ...
Potions add additonal random damage aka luck factor.
Healing potions adds additional random hp aka luck factor.
That's very very weak Faust... Using that logic, casting Greater Heal is a luck factor. Isn't the number of HPs healed a limited random vairble like GH potions?

Hell, using that logic any spell or weapon damage is luck based. I think your line of logic is off.

I think Blackfoot, by allowing potions in this season, is just trying to make this season more inclusive.

Just change up your combo a little bit and stay away from a dexers reach and you should be find till you run out of mana. Good Luck!!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:Most people prefer eliminating items from pvp that are additional luck factors added to a system that already has too many to begin with.

I clearly said in my response that "removing" functions that create additional luck factors that are already in the game is preferable by the majority of the pvper's here.
Again, read.

Please take a special note of the two words "majority" and "opinion" too.

I am simply stating that you're in the minority here rather you like it or not, nothing more...
Last edited by Faust on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pro

Post by Pro »

tbh i think we can all agree double click and follow is pretty low skill

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Well, the fact is that this season potions are in.

We'll see what kind of template comes up on top.

Like I said, just try to stay away from a dexers reach and don't lose all your mana and you should be able to stick around awhile longer.

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Markmosthandsome wrote:tbh i think we can all agree double click and follow is pretty low skill

tbh i think we can all agree that last target macro is pretty low skill, as is double click follow every 2 seconds with a halby