[$$$] House Deco Contest II !! (Due June 30th)

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Unlimited Bladeworks

Re: [$$$] House Deco Contest II !! (Due June 30th)

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Charles Darwin wrote:Daltrey's Bath house is great, but the Fisherman's house gets my vote for "should have won the first prize".
I'm not going to lie.... I thought I was getting first place myself. I have been a smart ass to Wise in one or two posts so I don't know if he held that against me or not with his own vote. During the first contest, I also pointed out that only 6 people voted from the guild, so maybe I created some resentment then too. I don't know... but I hardly been playing UO for the last month and a half so I don't care in the bigger scheme of things. I'm thinking I might quit all together in the fall anyways.

The bath house didn't make sense to me. Because he didn't put any benches in the front, it appears the water would flow right out of the house when you open the door. :lol: :lol: :lol: The color of the clothe was the same color giving it no depth whatsoever. I'm just saying attention to details is important. If you notice my fish tank changes from an aqua green, to a mild blue-green, to a darker blue which creates the illusion of depth. Daltrey's idea itself was pretty original so I'm guessing that is why it took first place?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I to thought that 2nd place house was much better over all . . but I do also get the bath house .. used item stacks to give it that 3d look .. but yes 2nd place imho was much better in something professional looking ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Charles Darwin wrote:Daltrey's Bath house is great, but the Fisherman's house gets my vote for "should have won the first prize".
Seconded.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Unlimited Bladeworks

In the future, if $$$ holds another house deco contest, I'd like to see the format changed to medium sized buildings for a more diverse range of options and possibilities.

I also think allowing the community to vote, as well, would be helpful too. This would also prevent any biases from occurring because there would be a broader range of opinions, in contrast, to a small group of people determining the winners.

Just some constructive feedback. :D

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Thanks all for participating!!

Personally I voted for Ireland's house :D
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Aye, unlimited, we may try that. I'm also probably going to wait until certain holidays or seasons to get a higher turn out.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

letting the player base vote doesnt work. The first shard wide house decorating contest was voted on by players and empty houses won by votes over ones that were very awesome. Guildies vote for guildies and voting campaigns start.
Upload that format to failblog
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Unlimited Bladeworks

BlackFoot wrote:
letting the player base vote doesnt work. The first shard wide house decorating contest was voted on by players and empty houses won by votes over ones that were very awesome. Guildies vote for guildies and voting campaigns start.
Upload that format to failblog
Why so hasty in your assumptions? :lol: :roll:

That wasn't meant to be taken literally as in let the whole community to vote. I was implying the judges could come from the community and not just $$$. Not everyone who plays here is affiliated with guilds.

The most obvious and beneficial case would be selecting 4-5 new players to be judges because they have no history on this server. This would be in addition to $$$ judges. Shit, you could even promote the welfare of new players by paying them 5k (or whatever amount) to be judges.

Haematoma

Post by Haematoma »

2nd house was much better.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Wow, I'm surprised about the win (and the subsequent controversy)!

You'd be surprised by the number of tricks that I had to use in order to get it to work. It wasn't exactly a quick job.

In any case, I've been unable to play for a while, so I'd like it if my 75k could be donated to the $$$ event coffers in order to help fund future events.

Thank you to whoever voted for my house. :)

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I've been holding it for yuh Daltrey! You've earned it! I liked your place actually. It was themed really well