Patch 40 - June 24, 2008: Provo, Tracking, Combat

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 40 - June 24, 2008: Provo, Tracking, Combat

Post by Derrick »

This is a big one, fixing errors and accuracy issues in combat code, Provocation, and Tracking. Provocation will now work vastly different than it did previously. At the bottom of this page you'll find links to threads and other websites that we used to base these changes on.
  • GM Provo with GM Music will no longer fail skill checks.
  • Provoked creatures will have to be able to see each other to begin fighting
  • Lowered Magery requirement for Inscription by circle. This does not effect success chance.
  • Animal taming will now always tell you if you are not skilled enough to tame the creature. On creatures which had been pre-tamed there was previously a small void in which you could not tame, but would neither get a message letting you know that.
  • Difficulty increase resulting from an animal having been previously tamed is reduced.
  • Tracking ranges changed. Shorter at 0 skill and greater at GM.
  • Dispell Field now dispels both sides of a MoonGate
  • Complete revamp of weapon combat damage calculations. The overall effect of this is slight, but we found some areas in which the calculation was in error.
  • Glacial Staves now "work"
  • Slight randomization added to paralyze duration.
Provo References:

Derrick

Re: Patch 40 - June 24, 2008: Provo, Tracking, Combat

Post by Derrick »

The LOS check for provo did not make it into this patch. It will be in tomorrow.
Also we will be removing the change to pre-tame difficulty as it was found to be inaccurate.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

"Complete revamp of weapon combat damage calculations. The overall effect of this is slight, but we found some areas in which the calculation was in error."

What are the changes?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nubblie wrote:"Complete revamp of weapon combat damage calculations. The overall effect of this is slight, but we found some areas in which the calculation was in error."

What are the changes?
Just math and rounding errors. The results of which could have been higher or lower damage under different circumstances and factors. The code was rewritten to correspond more precisely to the era combat damage method available in the post below:

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

Hey thanks for the update, it's nice to know whether or i'm actually going to gain when i'm trying to tame something.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

[quote="Derrick"]
[*]Dispell Field now dispels both sides of a MoonGate
[/quote]

Why was this changed? I don't remember there ever being a time when you could prevent someone from gating on the receiving end.. .

I just remember people trying to stop a guild from gating in by dispelling and then bodies popping on the screen where the dispelled gate used to be.

especially during chaos / order fights at the time. It would have definitely divided my forces and caused alot of death if this were the case.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Thx Derrick. Looks good

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

malice-tg wrote:
Derrick wrote:
  • Dispell Field now dispels both sides of a MoonGate

Why was this changed? I don't remember there ever being a time when you could prevent someone from gating on the receiving end.. .

I just remember people trying to stop a guild from gating in by dispelling and then bodies popping on the screen where the dispelled gate used to be.

especially during chaos / order fights at the time. It would have definitely divided my forces and caused alot of death if this were the case.
During T2A dispel field dispelled both sides of a moongate. I was not aware that it was ever any different, but it doesn't surprise me that they might have changed it later.

Return to “Patch Notes”