UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 114-Sept 8 2009: Hit Locations, Parry AR display, NPCs

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Hurray for Peacemaking!!!

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Actually I found Peacemaking pre-patch was better while provoke farming.

Now I can still use it for looting, running through dungeons, resetting EV/BS targets or now griefing other Bards (which I don't plan to do). But I won't be able to do this near my own kills as it will break up the clusters of enemies I have beating on each other. Also as I mentioned it's now a pretty effective tool to grief the old already-well-pked Bard farmers.

This may not be such good news.

Oh well, we'll see. :P

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Looking into the issue with Female armor. Due to some pecularities with the OSI calculation of some armors, their AR has increased, but I belive this happened in the last patch (113). I am not certain the meditation change is intended.
Hans wrote:On another note, it seems that blade spirits are barely effective today. Cast about 5 into a group of orcs, the blade spirits stayed their full time and I did not see any deaths occur (before I was overwhelmed by orcs and had to run for my life)
Was this before or after the shard restart around 3pm ET today?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hey Derrick - the stabling is not working correctly. Upon claiming a pet, it just stands there, even if it was following directly before I stabled it. I only tested this with a dragon and a horse.

Also, on a semi-related note, my dragons seem to respond to the stabling command, and make the noise that they disagree with the command (that little roar thing, accompanied by a little stepback). They don't lose loyalty, but it's kind of weird.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Forensic Evaluation will reveal a perma gray thief
Here comes the COP guild.....

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

An additional issue with this patch has been found, clothing AR was accidently nullified, this will be fixed in the morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Pirates ? npc are they badass ? tough as a orc or Slayer ?
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Redbeard72 wrote:Pirates ? npc are they badass ? tough as a orc or Slayer ?
A small group of them can be found at the guard post between Britain and bloody plains. They will also be found wandering Buc's den.

They are only slightly less dangerous than Balrons :P.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Derrick wrote:
  • New NPC's, Pirate and Gambler.
Im so excited!!! Yaaarrrrrr.

Dont forget. Semptember 19th is just around the corner everyone!

All Hope Abondon, Ye Who Enter Here!
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Awesome Job Derrick! Thanks!
Derrick wrote: A small group of them can be found at the guard post between Britain and bloody plains. They will also be found wandering Buc's den.

They are only slightly less dangerous than Balrons :P.
Although... Be warned Ye Lubbers...We dont be taking kindly to the murdering of our maties
Last edited by Hoots on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Fixes this morn:
  • Clothing AR was nullified in original patch, fixed.
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes may be a little more aggressive, but the damage fix is not in yet.
  • Fixed hues for dozens of creatures, including the introduction of black sheep
  • Nightmare stats modified, grandfathering goes both ways though, existing Nightmares are unchanged.
  • Natural Armor ratings for all creatures adjusted to correct values
  • Provoked creatures were effected by the last patch, this should be fixed now.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I remember there being black sheep now!

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Hans wrote:
Kraarug wrote:It's hard for a girl to concentrate when she's wearing leather. It's accurate and should not be fixed.
Correction - It's hard for a guy to concentrate when a girl is wearing leather. :lol:
Too true.

Well anyways, characters can't wear the clothing of an opposite gender in UO. IDK what those posts were about.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Hans wrote:
Kraarug wrote:It's hard for a girl to concentrate when she's wearing leather. It's accurate and should not be fixed.
Correction - It's hard for a guy to concentrate when a girl is wearing leather. :lol:
Too true.

Well anyways, characters can't wear the clothing of an opposite gender in UO. IDK what those posts were about.
girls can wear guys tunics...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Hans wrote:
Too true.

Females can wear both male and female type armor, males need to cast polymorph to turn into a female, equip the armor, then wait for polymorph to wear off.

Don't ask, don't tell policy:
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Hilarious.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 6164 times

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.