Patch 117 - Oct 3, 2009: Fatigue, Taste ID, Treasure maps...

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 117 - Oct 3, 2009: Fatigue, Taste ID, Treasure maps...

Post by Derrick »

• Explosion Potions, one second delayed damage and does not follow mobile. [forum]
  • Treasure Maps [forum]
    • Treasure maps no longer show level (plainly, devious, etc)
    • Treasure maps may only be dug up by the player that decoded them
    • Correction to Min Skill for Level 5 treasure maps, from 99.5 to 100.0
  • Creatures no longer respond in default to speech that has their name within, only if it begins with their name [forum]
  • Poison spell ranges from regular to greater, via check against magery level
  • GM fishers will no longer pull up sea serpents [forum]
  • A cartographer may now only reach a skill of 98.5 through creating world maps. [OSI] [forum]
  • Nightmare no longer angers on tame [forum]
  • Potion keg will put potion in bag that empty bottle was in, as long as it's a child of backpack[forum]
  • Potion keg allows targeting bottles, if there is no bottle in pack.
  • Salute and Bow animations slowed. [forum]
  • Corrected stamina drop on damage taken formula
  • Poison no longer drains stamina directly
  • Spellbook contents will update when spells are added and the book is open. (I wish I could remember where/who to attribute this to)
  • Meditation is not interrupted by non physical spell damage.
  • Potions not crafted by the player, or taken from a keg which is identified to them will be labeled a <color> potion until Taste Id'd
  • Spawn upgrade for Barrier Isle [forum]
  • Stamina loss and refresh code now based on OSI timers and formulas
    • the change is slight on foot, but more noticeable mounted.
    • Heath and Weight as percentages of max play a big part in stamina loss when moving now.
    • Mount fatigue refresh. (item 3.)
    • Mounts will buck you off if they lose enough loyalty. (this wasn't in, I thought it was)
    • These same fatigue rates apply to all mobiles, not just players.
  • Can no longer use "remove yourself" to eject yourself from a house (thread)
  • Stuck menu will no longer function differently from within houses.(thread)
  • Help Stuck Menu: Murderers will be able to be moved to Chaos Shrine.(thread)
  • Pets will not use gates in game join areas
  • BagBall Game: Autostart when teams are full, and Score announcement visible to spectators.
  • Guard zone in Britain has been adjusted so that some buildings basements, such as the artisans guild are no longer in the guard zone. (thread)
  • Items and creatures should no longer spawn on boats; Reagents, Titans, etc.
  • Corpses will no longer block boat movement. (thread)
  • Magic Trap (thread)
    • Doors are now magic trappable
    • Magic Trapped containers now do 2nd circle spell damage, and are resistible. (newsgroups)
    • There is a slight increase in damage done by these traps.
  • Frenzied Ostard Stam, Dex and Damage modified. (thread)
  • All Ostard speed increased (not mounted speed)
  • Corrected guard typo "I have to use for this." (thread)
  • Fixed an issue with an internal process that was causing shard freezes.
The following additions were made to Patch 117 on Sept 4 & 5 (117b):
  • Treasure Maps are no longer trivial at less than GM cartography.
  • All Player crafted maps trivial skill level is now 100; (Thanks Mikel123)
  • Cartography will gain on failure
  • A compensating reduction in overall cartography gain rate was applied.
  • Horses don't inherit the weight and capacity of their owners
  • All Hirelings now spawn with backpacks
  • Spelling correction "public house" message
  • Trapped doors triggers trap on Use, not on dbl-click, so NPC's and monsters will now set off the traps as well.
The following additions were made to Patch 117 on Sept 7 (117c):
  • Spell damage by circle converted from dice multiplier to dice roller. (thread)
  • Removes fizzle sounds from many non fizzle spell failures.
  • Correct speech hues for vendors
  • Fame decay rate reduced
  • Horses don't buck until they run out of loyalty, at which point they get released
  • Redo: No more fishing failures at GM
  • Fixed labels for Treasure Maps, was displaying level when placed on vendor.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 117 - Oct 3, 2009: Fatigue, Taste ID, Treasure maps...

Post by Mikel123 »

One problem with this patch... you've pretty much condemned anyone who does not have a GM Cartographer yet to never actually GM the skill.

The chance of decoding a level 4 map at 98.5+ skill is so high, it's nearly impossible to actually gain a point of skill from it. I've done about 25 of them so far, without a gain.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Due to the changes in treasure maps, and the requirement that the character who decoded the map be the one who digs it up, all existing non-completed treasure maps have been un-decoded.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Some a'gun...thought I'd have until Monday to hit 99.5 with cart...oh well guess she'll stay at ~97.

I hate patches that make it harder for up-and-comers compared to how it used to be here.

All whining aside, nj Derrick

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

The "heat seeking" pots really are still the same, I used em this morning just fine in the 1v1.

Theyll still chase your target and blow up on them, but the dmg is delayed 1sec, mind you the dmg is still done to the target its just delayed, not the explosion itsself, so runners can still get hammered by pots. It just makes dueling and healing through them a tad more easier.

Redrumsback

Post by Redrumsback »

What is up with these extreme stamina loss changes?? This is what i mean by consistent changes to discourage player base.... the changes to stamina on mounts is very extreme derrick... i couldn't even finish a fight in town today without my mount being fatigued after 3 minutes of fight time after buying a brand new horse....

I don't necessarily mind the change all that much since its going to be the same for all players.... but now you cant feed mounts to recover stamina either? I'm so confused.... :shock:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Redrumsback wrote:I don't necessarily mind the change all that much since its going to be the same for all players.... but now you cant feed mounts to recover stamina either? I'm so confused.... :shock:
You can feed them to regain stamina as before, but it's not necessary, see: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 617#p98617

Raistlin_Majere

Post by Raistlin_Majere »

Still pulling up sea serpents at GM

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Mikel123 wrote:One problem with this patch... you've pretty much condemned anyone who does not have a GM Cartographer yet to never actually GM the skill.

The chance of decoding a level 4 map at 98.5+ skill is so high, it's nearly impossible to actually gain a point of skill from it. I've done about 25 of them so far, without a gain.
Derrick, any word on this? The new changes pretty much assure that the only people who can work a level 5 map are the ones who already have GM cartographer. Having to gain 1.5 points of Cartography off of level 4 maps is about as close to impossible as you can get.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Whats the basis for weight decreasing mount stamina more quickly? I dont remember it like this. Often 2 people fighting would have to do all follow me near each other and I doubt they had the same weight.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:One problem with this patch... you've pretty much condemned anyone who does not have a GM Cartographer yet to never actually GM the skill.

Derrick, any word on this? The new changes pretty much assure that the only people who can work a level 5 map are the ones who already have GM cartographer. Having to gain 1.5 points of Cartography off of level 4 maps is about as close to impossible as you can get.
I'll look into the actual difficulty. I don't really know what to say to this yet.
son wrote:Whats the basis for weight decreasing mount stamina more quickly? I dont remember it like this. Often 2 people fighting would have to do all follow me near each other and I doubt they had the same weight.
We'll look into this too. The basis is simply that the horse is using the riders weight and capacity, this may be incorrect. I'll look into this further as well.

There is an question regarding pack animals too, having only about 85 str they are losing stamina fast at over 3XXish stones.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

The basis is simply that the horse is using the riders weight and capacity, this may be incorrect. I'll look into this further as well.
All I can say it's not like that in the demo. The horse ignores the riders weight.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Kalamus

Post by Kalamus »

GM fishers will no longer pull up sea serpents
Seems to be broken. Still pulling them up like crazy.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

it wasn't like that in t2a era, overweight on a mount walking forward you'd fatigue, but chug a refresh pot and you could walk again- mount didn't need to be fed or spam'd with all follow me.

vkamicht

Post by vkamicht »

Derrick wrote:
  • Salute and Bow animations slowed. [forum]
Thanks for this, though they're *too* slow now! I don't know what kind of values RunUO accepts for speed (is it in total time? fps?), but a good reference would be swing speed for lower stamina values. At first I thought it was when stamina was below 100%, but it turns out there's a hard coded number value that when above, animations play 'full speed' (which is far too fast) and elsewhere they play the correct speed (at which all animations, incl. bow and salute, should play at)