Patch 43 - July 11, 2008

Information on the latest Server Patches
platy

Re: Patch 43 - July 11, 2008

Post by platy »

alatar wrote:In some aspects spell timers were doubled, some you will see no change. Self-disrupts are something im quite a fan of, but because you can't disrupt yourself unless you pop a pouch its pretty difficult to pull a fake combo off, and with the added delay it would probably just cost you more time than the diversion is worth..

I'm not going to change my templates at all, im just going to walk around with meteor swarm precasted now ;\

yeah MS with a purple pot and heavy wep might be the call for a quick kill
EDIT seems like the quote buttons weird :O

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

platy wrote:EDIT seems like the quote buttons weird :O
watch for the "Disable BBCode" checkbox. If you see it, are you able to uncheck it?
I fixed the post above.

Sry off topic, but I've noticed this a lot lately

alatar

Post by alatar »

I'm having a problem with quotes too, but I believe it may be your restrictions set on the Patch Section.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Played around with the spells. Im feelin it.

qtip

Post by qtip »

I might just keep healing on my tank mage after all; make him into a dexxer :P

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

No offense but if this doesn't change, say goodbye to PvP :cry: I played tonight and a dexxer can swing 4 times before you finish casting a 6th level spell.

Bye bye mages.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

ironfistmax wrote:No offense but if this doesn't change, say goodbye to PvP :cry: I played tonight and a dexxer can swing 4 times before you finish casting a 6th level spell.

Bye bye mages.
Maybe they should require certain skills for tournies. (80+ Magery/80+Eval) Or a certain intelligence requirement. (75+) Then have those FFA tournies including pots for dexers/mages and everyone. I THINK there are enough mages on this server to hold tournies like this, and I for one actually like the changes. Also I think mages can still run the field as always.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

I am not worried about tournaments. Field fighting is going to change to 95% dexxers because they have such a huge advantage over mages now.

With this change, if you lose to a mage as a dexxer you better be new to ultima online or you should quit UO. 4 swings = 1 six level spell CAST...................Think about that.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

This change with spell cast timers is not accurate.
There was never a time that you couldnt Exp FS combo someone and hit all spells at the same time during t2a.

this cast timer feels like Age of shadows. Please look at this again.

exp fs halby was a legit combo with all hitting at relatively the same time, the weapon laggin behind slightly.

I would respectfully like to have this fixed. I would change it quickly before people retool characters and have to switch it again.

Thanks

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

well the same hally mage template seemed to work back in the day. These are now the correct spell timers that were used back when everyone thought a hally mage was superior in 98-99. The problem now is to find the real reason why ma spamming never took place in 99 :)

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Are you guys talking about only solo combat? How important is that in UOSA? It comes up, but once you are in a guild and teamed up with them, the dexer 1v1 advantage is non-existent.

Ebolter

Post by Ebolter »

Good point Brandon.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

ironfistmax wrote:No offense but if this doesn't change, say goodbye to PvP :cry: I played tonight and a dexxer can swing 4 times before you finish casting a 6th level spell.

Bye bye mages.
Give me a break. the fastest weapon besides a dagger is a katana which can swing at full 100 stamina = 1.2 seconds = 3 swings if hes lucky and right next to you when you start to cast lvl 6. All the rules arent in place yet people.

STAMINA which I have been talking about since I came here a month ago played an enormous part in uo and especially pvp. Very rarely would a dexxer be at full stamina.
running, maces, taking any damage of any kind at anything below half life took some stamina away. On a scale At half life not very much stamina at all would be lost but at really low life youd lose a ton with any damage. As of now only maces and if you are really really low on life do you lose any stamina so of course all the dexxers are swinging like mad because they are always at or really really close to full stamina. Let all the proper rules be put in place before you judge. There are numerous sources saying .5 per circle, which is also how I remember it.

Don't base your judgments on tournaments!

p.s. how does everyone still feel about dex based healing timers? :P this era had set healing timers = 15 seconds for heals 18 seconds for cure... way it was for almost the entirety of this era. Not until a few months before uor did it become dex based.
Last edited by ~|~Damaja on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

~|~Damaja wrote:well the same hally mage template seemed to work back in the day. These are now the correct spell timers that were used back when everyone thought a hally mage was superior in 98-99. The problem now is to find the real reason why ma spamming never took place in 99 :)
i believe the MA reason is linked to this reason. the ma spam wouldnt work back in the day because of the timer between casts [ thats from begining to begining].. if you casted more than two you were "not recovered from the spell"

i think some of that documentation refeers to timers between casts not the actual spell cast. we'll see how it works tomorow.

also the ma thing didnt work because because of a whole different issue with weapon timers which is for another post.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Locking this for new patch notes, but feel free to continue this discussion in the new thread.