Patch 44 - June 12, 2008

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 44 - June 12, 2008

Post by Derrick »

• Magic Arrow now fully resistable.
  • Explosion spell delayed damage adjusted for new spell timers. (Sorry we missed this yesterday)
  • Can now gain combat skill when successfully defending melee attacks

bOmb

Re: Patch 44 - June 12, 2008

Post by bOmb »

I think this is a great change.
Also, the only problem I see with this is in tournaments with dexxers. Mages on the field IMO are not overpowered. Too many things contribute to a good fielder.

To malice-TG, try the FS combo again. With the new expl delay and precasting expl, fs hits pretty damn fast. Also, never in OSI did expl and fs hit at the same time, I clearly remember expl + para being the perfect time for the delay.

Luminarie

Post by Luminarie »

i've started retooling luminarie... hope i don't do all this for nothing :P

but on a side note, i do think that the cast time for mages is alittle rough hence my reworking of skills :D

like i was saying in irc, with a 3 sec cast time on a 6th level spell in the field can mean your target 2 screens away, most people have good connections and spell reflect up. you run in, cast your precasted spell thats reflected, 2.5 seconds for a para if you were using it. targets out of range in like a second heh
Luminarie

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

dont go to crazy with retooling. You should jsut alter your play style with him more then anything. hally mage with 25 dex still uber. trust me :P

Luminarie

Post by Luminarie »

granted it'll do decent burst damage still... if you can get it off
Luminarie

silex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by silex »

Retooling as well. Want to at least try out a dexxer in open field and see how it goes. Keeping Magery and Resist, so it'll be pretty easy to revert back if need be.

alatar

Post by alatar »

changing template to pvp tamer... new timers are rediculous
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

tamers will own people since dragons have mula magery :D

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

RIP Mages.

lol @ you people who think mages are still just as good as dexxers on the field. Whatever you are smoking, please give me some. Obviously none of you have fought a good dexxer with your mage on the field since these changes. Wait, I forgot. I am about the only one that actually field fights. The rest of you just PvE and fight in tournaments.

Please stop telling me Stamina hasn't been fixed yet. Everyone and their mother can afford greater refresh kegs so stamina loss will do absoultely nothing.

Worst change on the shard ever. This will definitely go down in history. Welcome to the era of 95% dexxer fights.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

ironfistmax wrote:RIP Mages.

lol @ you people who think mages are still just as good as dexxers on the field. Whatever you are smoking, please give me some. Obviously none of you have fought a good dexxer with your mage on the field since these changes. Wait, I forgot. I am about the only one that actually field fights. The rest of you just PvE and fight in tournaments.

Please stop telling me Stamina hasn't been fixed yet. Everyone and their mother can afford greater refresh kegs so stamina loss will do absoultely nothing.

Worst change on the shard ever. This will definitely go down in history. Welcome to the era of 95% dexxer fights.
i agree considering i just tested this, and basically i can cast an ebolt and my friend runs as soon as i casted it and i had stop pretyped in party, when cursor comes up i said stop and apparently you can get 35 tiles away on average,

SUPERzarqawi

Post by SUPERzarqawi »

use lower circle spells and hard hitting weps with instahit.. exp pots, magic weps, charged weps, wands etc.. oh and poison duh.. if dexer thinks he can cast spells on u wait for him to disarm and instahit with 100% gauruntee (assuming na wrestlin)
anything goes in field i'd say gives advtg to mage slow or fast cast :shock:

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Im just saying either way I like it. I have no problem with the way it was or the way it is now. If its accurate, then you people who played OSI shouldn't be complaining IMO.

And, on what shard were any "good" dexxers easy to beat? Div dexers are just as overpowered and anyone who knows how to use them "can" cause you to recall or die on any shard.

The fact that your not bound to a 16x16 arena is why I think its worse for duels and something should be done about that instead.

alatar

Post by alatar »

bOmb wrote:The fact that your not bound to a 16x16 arena is why I think its worse for duels and something should be done about that instead.
that is exactly why a dexxer will win any pot-tourney hands down. you've 1 dump, you fail, you die. being able to "run" or, evade.. is just part of the game that tournaments don't allow
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Falx

Post by Falx »

Double pump ebolts = all dex.

While accurate, is not fun.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Trying PvPing with lighting and fireball and let me know how it goes.......Jesus.