Patch 44 - June 12, 2008

Information on the latest Server Patches
Luminarie

Re: Patch 44 - June 12, 2008

Post by Luminarie »

SUPERzarqawi wrote:use lower circle spells and hard hitting weps with instahit.. exp pots, magic weps, charged weps, wands etc.. oh and poison duh.. if dexer thinks he can cast spells on u wait for him to disarm and instahit with 100% gauruntee (assuming na wrestlin)
anything goes in field i'd say gives advtg to mage slow or fast cast :shock:
when youre getting hit every 1-2 seconds by a katana with someone with anatomy and try to cast vas flam on them, i can tell you who'll win.
Luminarie

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Shh guys they would rather be accurate than have enjoyable, competitive PvP. Don't give them facts, they will just ignore them.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

ironfistmax wrote:Shh guys they would rather be accurate than have enjoyable, competitive PvP. Don't give them facts, they will just ignore them.
Sarcastic insults dont show intelligence. I said I'd be happy either way. Its been two days so give it a shot.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

bOmb wrote:
ironfistmax wrote:Shh guys they would rather be accurate than have enjoyable, competitive PvP. Don't give them facts, they will just ignore them.
Sarcastic insults dont show intelligence. I said I'd be happy either way. Its been two days so give it a shot.
Either do uninfored, ignorant comments.

platy

Post by platy »

ironfistmax wrote:
Either do uninfored, ignorant comments.
lol?
u seem to be forgetting 90% of the people who came here came because of its accuracy. it's called The Second Age: The Way it Was.. so bitching about people who want accuracy is stupid, thats what the shard wants- or at least was created for, it seems UOGamers and the other freeshards warped everyones idea of what pvp should be..

that being said i agree that it is pretty unbalanced as is, why don't you leet pvp guru's think of something positive instead of just coming to the forums and whining?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is completely uncalled for. If you've spent any time here at all you know that fact are the only thing we're interested in. We're not 14yr olds, comments like these aren't going to sway us, but If you have actual information we'd be happy to listen.

This thread is about the patch, it's not going to turn into a flame war.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

i dont know were else to look, as is it will truely be impossible to murder people with spells, considering i can run 35 tiles away from someone before their target cursor comes up for ebolt (the time im given to run was as soon as the ebolt was casted until it was targeted up)

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

platy wrote: that being said i agree that it is pretty unbalanced as is, why don't you leet pvp guru's think of something positive instead of just coming to the forums and whining?
We did. We said change it back. It was almost perfect then. A skilled dexxer or mage could win against either or. Now, mages have pretty much no chance against a decent dexxer.

alatar

Post by alatar »

rabble. i too am unhappy with the changes, however, all kill seems like a nice alternative..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

platy

Post by platy »

changing it back is barely a suggestion... like i said UOGamers PVP warped peoples ideas of what pvp should be..
I'd suggest making spells something like .3 seconds less as a start, the only way i can see balancing the pvp without completely nerfing dexers is to lower the cast time.. i honestly can't see another way, but that doesn't mean the old way was right... :|

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

platy wrote:changing it back is barely a suggestion... like i said UOGamers PVP warped peoples ideas of what pvp should be..
I'd suggest making spells something like .3 seconds less as a start, the only way i can see balancing the pvp without completely nerfing dexers is to lower the cast time.. i honestly can't see another way, but that doesn't mean the old way was right... :|
when we had the casting timers the way it was before the change i killed aristides and deacon on my dexxer because i was allowed to have all pots, and was able to Gheal etc, so in my opinion it was pretty balanced before now even though it is supposedly accurate it is not very good, there is ALOT of negative feedback from this, althought personally i will play a dexxer if things dont change. bye bye mages.

alatar

Post by alatar »

no but most of the patches made towards publish 15 were made for the purpose of fixing "complaints" people had, mainly like the ones we have here.. the fixed precasting gheal with poison blocking heal, dexxers kept their strength throughout t2a, but then mages got stun to counter-balance it out..

all in all they're probably not gonna change it, so theres nothin we can do..

tamer time
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Uninformed... You make me laugh.

Anyways, have you been raped in the field or something? You still seem to be winning the tournies, so in all honestly what is it that is so deeply wrong? I came here because it was accurate, and accurate isnt Divinity. Again, either way I am playing here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We will be reverting the spell timing changes until we can get an accurate picture of what the correct timings were. Many have done extensive research tonight both on the web and in game, and we've even installed the original T2A demo to check the timings there, which while not necessarily correct and certainly lacking in the ability to do a thorough test, it has put a lot of doubt in our minds. Even if we were assured that we were dead on with cast time, there is still dispute about delayed damage timing on explode and recovery times across the board.

Knowing now, that what we have is not 100% accurate, the best thing we can do at this point is use what we had until we find out what is 100% accurate, which is certainly a big task. Much constructive feedback has gone into this decision and we tested quite a few theories about what we have wrong with the new timings, but the live server it has been decided it not the place to be testing spell timing changes. We will continue to try and find what is correct and will do some extensive player-involved testing on a test center before bringing it live.