Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 45 - July 13, 2008

Post by Derrick »

• Total reversion of casting timing changes from Patches 43 and 44
  • Fix to allow usage of runebook from two tiles away
  • Excluded Monsters and NPC's from new re-para restriction
Subject: Patch 44 - June 12, 2008
Derrick wrote:We will be reverting the spell timing changes until we can get an accurate picture of what the correct timings were. Many have done extensive research tonight both on the web and in game, and we've even installed the original T2A demo to check the timings there, which while not necessarily correct and certainly lacking in the ability to do a thorough test, it has put a lot of doubt in our minds. Even if we were assured that we were dead on with cast time, there is still dispute about delayed damage timing on explode and recovery times across the board.

Knowing now, that what we have is not 100% accurate, the best thing we can do at this point is use what we had until we find out what is 100% accurate, which is certainly a big task. Much constructive feedback has gone into this decision and we tested quite a few theories about what we have wrong with the new timings, but the live server it has been decided it not the place to be testing spell timing changes. We will continue to try and find what is correct and will do some extensive player-involved testing on a test center before bringing it live.

TwoTon

Re: Patch 45 - June 13, 2008

Post by TwoTon »

thats nice, i hope we can find out for 100% that it wasnt like the .5 secs per circle. hehe i really feel it is balanced like it is :D although we are shooting for accuracy.

platy

Post by platy »

Aparently not everyone is...
I like the system in place now too though, but I am all for changes for accuracy- the reason i play free servers is to "relive" OSI's t2a.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

with that said the reason i am playing this is because gamers is ridiculous with its buy 5 million for 100$ and this guy is willing to do without all that mess, willing to do this for the simplicity of recreating what once was, but the thing is i really cant see anything going good for us with that kinda casting change :D so thanks derrick for holding it off.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Unlike most of you, I didn't come here for accuracy. I came here because this is the only pre-aos server that's even worth playing. While having an accurate server certainly does re-create the old days, things were changed for a reason. It wouldn't be so bad if both sides (mage & dex) had taken a handicap, but this wasn't the case.

Not to further drag out the issue, but everyone knows T2A was the time of the dexxer. They by far have the advantage over any template without question. First off, theres no spell damage in town, and at that we had to fight to allow O/C Wars in town. Theres no dex penalty for wearing 85 armor, while mages are only left with a protection spell, a mere 90 seconds of 11 armor without meditation loss. To add to it, you can poison just about any usable weapon for pvp, short of macing. Tank or not, what mage has a fair chance against a heavily armored dexxer with a dp vanq halberd, or any weapon for that matter. The reason these changes bother me is because it just continues to shorten the amount of templates available to use, and honestly, this isn't 99' and not everyones going to use a mage in full plate armor.

Whatever the official call is here, you will still see me on the field. Just trying to shed some light here before we enter an ice age of no pvp.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Luminarie

Post by Luminarie »

Either way i have fun playing here... But i would just like it to be stable in one decision or not.
Luminarie

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

alatar wrote:Unlike most of you, I didn't come here for accuracy. I came here because this is the only pre-aos server that's even worth playing. While having an accurate server certainly does re-create the old days, things were changed for a reason. It wouldn't be so bad if both sides (mage & dex) had taken a handicap, but this wasn't the case.

Not to further drag out the issue, but everyone knows T2A was the time of the dexxer. They by far have the advantage over any template without question. First off, theres no spell damage in town, and at that we had to fight to allow O/C Wars in town. Theres no dex penalty for wearing 85 armor, while mages are only left with a protection spell, a mere 90 seconds of 11 armor without meditation loss. To add to it, you can poison just about any usable weapon for pvp, short of macing. Tank or not, what mage has a fair chance against a heavily armored dexxer with a dp vanq halberd, or any weapon for that matter. The reason these changes bother me is because it just continues to shorten the amount of templates available to use, and honestly, this isn't 99' and not everyones going to use a mage in full plate armor.

Whatever the official call is here, you will still see me on the field. Just trying to shed some light here before we enter an ice age of no pvp.

Nice post. I just hate how everywhere I go to play its the same casting system, some with some without spell delays. But all the times are the same, and PvP here is the "same" as PvP there (with some minor things make it a little different). Maybe we can do a test with similar spell time ratios on that test. Perhaps start at .4 instead of .5 for 1st circles and work your way up: .8, 1.2, 1.6, 2.0, 2.4, 2.8 secs. I dont know what the one now looks like but w.e.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

derrick why dont you make a seperate server for people who are willing to test the magery spell timing and perhaps increase the length by a short time as platy said, let us set our skills and test out the spell timing for maybe a week or so.

platy

Post by platy »

yea i see where your coming from alatar
b0mbs got a good idea, though to keep it even more fair i'd say use a .3 instead of .4
maybe to square things out make healing to less if fully armored or something?
again im just throwing suggestions cuz i too would like a more accurate system, not just another metro.. but not .5 per circle either D:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I hear you bOmb. Until we know what's right we better stick with what we have. We don't want to make a buch of changes of course, bad enough to make two already.
TwoTon wrote:derrick why dont you make a seperate server for people who are willing to test the magery spell timing and perhaps increase the length by a short time as platy said, let us set our skills and test out the spell timing for maybe a week or so.
Yes, that's the plan. We're going to deterimine the most accurate method that we can and put up a test server for instense player testing before we make any more changes. I suspect this will be a long process.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

yes .5 per circle is much much to slow i mean if thats what we go for eventually id have no problem playing a dexxer but tbh i think everyone stands on this as well it will def. kill the tank mage template .

Luminarie

Post by Luminarie »

Spamnrice wrote:
Thank goodness... jesus i was about to change my char template..
unfortunately i already did to compensate cast times.. so think i'm taking some time off, don't feel like switching out yet.
Luminarie

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

It's not June.
how does I bought horse?

silex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by silex »

Luminarie wrote:Either way i have fun playing here... But i would just like it to be stable in one decision or not.
Same.
Luminarie wrote:unfortunately i already did to compensate cast times.. so think i'm taking some time off, don't feel like switching out yet.
And same.

You think it will take quite awhile to decide one way or the other Derrick? I can't decide whether or not to switch back to the old template or finish going dexxer mode for awhile.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

silex wrote: You think it will take quite awhile to decide one way or the other Derrick? I can't decide whether or not to switch back to the old template or finish going dexxer mode for awhile.
Yes this is going to be a long process. We won't be changing anything again with spell timing right away.

I sincerely apologize about the disruption this change and then revert back caused.

Return to “Patch Notes”