Patch 50 - August 2, 2008: Clothing AR and Armor Layers

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 50 - August 2, 2008: Clothing AR and Armor Layers

Post by Derrick »

• You will no longer be restricted in the amount of food you can consume during a tournament.
  • Clothing now has era accurate AR rating and Hit Points. This does not effect meditation.
  • Some Armor layers have changed, allowing you to fit for example Platemail over Chain. This will not increase your overall AR, the highest AR piece is only is counted.
  • Chanmail Tunic will protect your arms if no other armor is present on your arms.
Blessed/Newbied clothing will not be destroyed by damage, but once it's hit points reaches zero it will no longer provide and Armor Rating.

We are aware that there is a display problem with some of the armor combinations, for example chainmail tunic and leggings. We are working on this. This problem is also effecting the paperdoll graphics on http://my.uosecondage.com as well.

Because of the layer changes for armor that may have been being worn at the time the layers changed, some players may have trouble dressing themselves as some clothing using the same layers due to the change may become invisible. If you suspect this has happened, Undress yourself and then log out and log back in. Then redress normally. If you have this problem, you will only need to do this once to correct it.

qtip

Re: Patch 50 - August 2, 2008: Clothing AR and Armor Layers

Post by qtip »

So whats the max AR we can get from clothes?

i found this intresting, deer/bear masks have the highest AR of any head piece

name === AR === Hit points

Mask, Bear 6/0.8 21-23
Mask, Deer 6/0.8 21-23

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

qtip wrote:So whats the max AR we can get from clothes?

i found this intresting, deer/bear masks have the highest AR of any head piece

name === AR === Hit points

Mask, Bear 6/0.8 21-23
Mask, Deer 6/0.8 21-23
The max ar is pretty low i think. You may notice a pretty hight AR on jester suits too, which is prolly why you saw so many on mages in era (besides the humor factor).

The top AR for any clothing piece is 11, but there's no way to get a total AR of 11 from clothing because there aren't pieces for all locations with 11 AR. There is a quality bonus to the AR as well so this should be a boon for tailors.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Ahh the Jester Suits. I miss those!

Ronald McDonald

Post by Ronald McDonald »

Was top Clothing ar 11? I remeber hitting 2 ar with thigh boots. anyway, pritty cool. I've always disliked running around with leather armor as a Mage.

Dungeons and Dragons mages wear no leather and only cloth. just like UO is suppose to be :D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronald McDonald wrote:Was top Clothing ar 11? I remeber hitting 2 ar with thigh boots. anyway, pritty cool. I've always disliked running around with leather armor as a Mage.

Dungeons and Dragons mages wear no leather and only cloth. just like UO is suppose to be :D
The thigh boots have 11AR, but once they are scaled to the body location they only provide two towards your total. To get 11 AR total you'd need an 11 AR clothing piece in every body location.

A full plate suit (store bought) for example gives you 30 AR, because each piece is 30AR.

I'm not sure what we're going to be seeing for max ar from clothing, certainly mages won't be wearing bear masks in the dungeons even with their high armor value just because of the rarity. The AR for clothing will decrease just as for armor as it becomes tattered.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Derrick wrote:
Ronald McDonald wrote:Was top Clothing ar 11? I remeber hitting 2 ar with thigh boots. anyway, pritty cool. I've always disliked running around with leather armor as a Mage.

The thigh boots have 11AR, but once they are scaled to the body location they only provide two towards your total. To get 11 AR total you'd need an 11 AR clothing piece in every body location.

A full plate suit (store bought) for example gives you 30 AR, because each piece is 30AR.

I'm not sure what we're going to be seeing for max ar from clothing, certainly mages won't be wearing bear masks in the dungeons even with their high armor value just because of the rarity. The AR for clothing will decrease just as for armor as it becomes tattered.
do you have to make a bear mask?
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Alex21 wrote:do you have to make a bear mask?
Bear/Deer/Tribal/Orc masks are not craftable.

Return to “Patch Notes”