Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Information on the latest Server Patches
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by Hicha »

Everlynn wrote:The vendor change is just plain stupid rediculous Derrik.... You are making it nearly impossible make large transactions.
Just wait until this guy gets put in:

A Vendors backpack has the same weight and item count restrictions as a regular backpack. (i.e. 400 stones / 125 items max.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

Keep a locked down pile of gold in the house like people did back in the day.

Transactions for a large sum of gold can be sold on a personal level no differently then it did back then too.

Yeah, it sucks but that's life in the t2a era along with the rest of the other hassles that existed in game. The players lived with and found ways to get around it. The community here will do the same.

There will always be the bad with the good on a shard like this.

Kith
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 122 - Jan 11, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by Kith »

Derrick wrote: If these house owners log in within the next 14 days, they or a friend of the house will then be able to refresh it.

if someone friended to the house can refresh what was the point of condemning?
Kith-Mart - Save Money. Live Better.
Brokers of Britannia [B*B]
Kith's Real Estate Mediation Services (KREMS)

Sandro

Re: Patch 122 - Jan 11, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by Sandro »

Kith wrote:
Derrick wrote: If these house owners log in within the next 14 days, they or a friend of the house will then be able to refresh it.

if someone friended to the house can refresh what was the point of condemning?
A condemned house cannot be refreshed unless the owner logs into his account.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

hiicha wrote:
Everlynn wrote:The vendor change is just plain stupid rediculous Derrik.... You are making it nearly impossible make large transactions.
Just wait until this guy gets put in:

A Vendors backpack has the same weight and item count restrictions as a regular backpack. (i.e. 400 stones / 125 items max.)
Buy your bulk regs now
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Faust wrote:There will always be the bad with the bad on a shard like this.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

the vendor thing is pretty annoying, i would imagine more so for people who actually do large transactions.
but on the other side of this, they have had the luxury for 2 years of doing it the easy way.
an advantage i would guess as a result of changes like this could be a more active player base.
it sucked to do all that back and forth busy work on OSI but that was an integral element of gameplay.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think the vendor change is pretty great, expect to see your local vendors camped a little more now! Changes that promote player-player interaction are ALWAYS good.

I do have my doubts about the taming message though. I seem to remember it always calling the right animal, but I might be mistaken. I'll see if I have any taming pics from t2a.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Are you insinuating that there is no good features during the t2a era Gomer?

Why are you playing on a t2a shard if this is true?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:Are you insinuating that there is no good features during the t2a era Gomer?

Why are you playing on a t2a shard if this is true?

[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Red Rackham

Post by Red Rackham »

YAY this is great

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

GomerPyle wrote:thanks for the vendor changes Wise, .
sorry but your welcome?

MatronDeWinter wrote:I think the vendor change is pretty great, expect to see your local vendors camped a little more now! Changes that promote player-player interaction are ALWAYS good.

I do have my doubts about the taming message though. I seem to remember it always calling the right animal, but I might be mistaken. I'll see if I have any taming pics from t2a.

and this is exactly the reason I would like to see this, also makes the few players on the shard that sells millions in transactions & rares on vendors life a little more difficult, boo hoo? I have 4 vendors and all sell lots of stuff :) should be fun now :D
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Shea

Post by Shea »

If you consider toting 10k at a time back and forth to the bank fun I suggest you get out more. I do not agree that this will encourage camping of vendors more. Maybe it will at first but as a merchant I will simply take 10k at a time, detect before I take it and ban anyone who is camping. There are so many vendors and to say that this will somehow encourage player interaction is a falsehood IMO.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Shea wrote:If you consider toting 10k at a time back and forth to the bank fun I suggest you get out more. I do not agree that this will encourage camping of vendors more. Maybe it will at first but as a merchant I will simply take 10k at a time, detect before I take it and ban anyone who is camping. There are so many vendors and to say that this will somehow encourage player interaction is a falsehood IMO.
just block off access to your Vendors! via tables etc. collect gold put in pile Cast Gate to Secure Bank Location (bank boat) drag 60k Piles to bank!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Shea

Post by Shea »

DarkWing wrote:
Shea wrote:If you consider toting 10k at a time back and forth to the bank fun I suggest you get out more. I do not agree that this will encourage camping of vendors more. Maybe it will at first but as a merchant I will simply take 10k at a time, detect before I take it and ban anyone who is camping. There are so many vendors and to say that this will somehow encourage player interaction is a falsehood IMO.
just block off access to your Vendors! via tables etc. collect gold put in pile Cast Gate to Secure Bank Location (bank boat) drag 60k Piles to bank!
That would work if it was my house, but its not. Im running a vendor in a guild member's house. Guess Ill have to work in getting co-owned but that might be a tough pill to swallow for ppl in my guildie's position.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones