Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by Derrick »

• Blacksmithy and Mining:
    • Corrected smaller ore pile weights
    • Small ore may be mined up from specific tiles as the last ore in a vein.
    • Blacksmithy skill levels corrected. The general result is a higher requirement for some items.[thread][Stratics]
  • Houses:
    • House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.
    • Opening a house sign will no longer refresh the house, the door must be opened for the house to be refreshed.
  • Order/Chaos Guilds & Murderers:
    • Shield guilds will be allied to their own affiliation.
    • Murderers cannot be recruited into O/C guilds, and will be dismissed if they become a murderer within one. Existing murderers in O/C guilds are grandfathered unless they commit a subsequent murder.
  • Skills:
    • Can't gain med passively while in active meditation
    • Spells that become invalid no longer give fizzle sound and animation. (Lost scroll, item use, etc)
    • When taming something, it instead of stating "you start taming a creature." it will say "you start taming a snow leopard" or whatever you're taming. [thread]
  • Economy:
    • Removed vendor pricing exemption for Gems (previously they did not cut price based on inventory)
    • Jewelers will only buy 5 items at a time, just as all other NPC shop keepers.
    • Player Vendors will give the gold directly to the player when collected, with a max of 50,000 gold
  • Pack Horses and Llamas now can only carry the proper 400 stones max. [thread]
  • Time between "auth" command use reduced to 20 seconds.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 122 - Jan 11, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by Hicha »

"You are not authorised to read this forum."
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days...

Great!

Murderers cannot be recruited into O/C guilds...

Super!

When taming something, it instead of stating "you start taming a creature." it will say "you start taming a snow leopard" or whatever you're taming.

Fantastic!

What will happen if you attempt to tame a re-named creature? Will it use the proper genus, or will we get "You start taming a HemperorWasHere"?

Germ

Post by Germ »

-Corrected smaller ore pile weights
-Small ore may be mined up from specific tiles as the last ore in a vein.

Glad to see those corrected, a little more era accuracy and nostalgia for what I remember :)

-House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.

Curious if that timer starts now on accounts not logged in, or is retroactive? If someone hasn't logged in in 170 days, do they only have 10 days, or the full 180? Just thought people may want that clarified.

-Can't gain med passively while in active meditation

<Goes and buys more stock in the innkeeper's liquor industry> I forsee sales will increase greatly :)

Germ

Boone
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boone »

Does the condemned house countdown start as of today? Like, do we have to wait 180 days until we see the first batch of condemned houses?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

MatronDeWinter wrote:What will happen if you attempt to tame a re-named creature? Will it use the proper genus, or will we get "You start taming a HemperorWasHere"?
Expect to see people in brit:

"Hiicha begins to tame your mom"
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by son »

Did med just become stupid hard to gain? Guess Ill test when r dies
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

son wrote:Did med just become stupid hard to gain? Guess Ill test when r dies
Meditation just became harder than resist to GM.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Novemberman

Post by Novemberman »

Derrick wrote:
  • Economy:
    • Jewelers will only but 5 items at a time, just as all other NPC shop keepers.

thats where they put the items :P
Madz, Sea Wench, Cao cao - Fisherman
Myre - $$$ Member

click me https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4bb75af1c7cd4 click me

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:What will happen if you attempt to tame a re-named creature? Will it use the proper genus, or will we get "You start taming a HemperorWasHere"?
Yes.
Germ wrote:-House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.

Curious if that timer starts now on accounts not logged in, or is retroactive? If someone hasn't logged in in 170 days, do they only have 10 days, or the full 180? Just thought people may want that clarified.
Boone wrote:Does the condemned house countdown start as of today? Like, do we have to wait 180 days until we see the first batch of condemned houses?
It's retroactive, in that if there are any players holding houses that have not logged in for more than 180 days as of this morning, their houses are now condemned. The only function of a house being condemned is to make the house unrefreshable. If these house owners log in within the next 14 days, they or a friend of the house will then be able to refresh it.
Sandro wrote:
son wrote:Did med just become stupid hard to gain? Guess Ill test when r dies
Meditation just became harder than resist to GM.
There was a easement to meditation gains in the last patch when it was made percentage based, and if you understand the difficulty involved in meditation and target it right I believe it will still gain in line with other skills.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

so player vendors only give the gold pieces directly to the player now?
you have to withdraw like 15k at a time, bank, repeat?
if so that just seems like a waste of time :?
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

ehafh wrote:so player vendors only give the gold pieces directly to the player now?
you have to withdraw like 15k at a time, bank, repeat?
if so that just seems like a waste of time :?
Unfortunately that is the case.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

does vendor replace auto-bank the remaining gold pieces on the vendor?

Everlynn

Post by Everlynn »

The vendor change is just plain stupid rediculous Derrik.... You are making it nearly impossible make large transactions.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Everlynn wrote:The vendor change is just plain stupid rediculous Derrik.... You are making it nearly impossible make large transactions.
This has been under discussion in the forums for over three months. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 3&p=102402

I understand it's a hassle, but it wasn't judged based on that