Patch 124 - Feb 2, 2010: Shard Stability, Speeds, Exp. Pots

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 124 - Feb 2, 2010: Shard Stability, Speeds, Exp. Pots

Post by Derrick »

• Thie issues causing the shard to hang on restart should now be fixed. The problem was caused by an interface with the myUOSA site which was not terminating on shard restart.
  • Teratheans, Ophidians, Giant Serpent and Elder Gazer have seen a speed increase
  • Fixes issue with explosion potion LOS against mobiles when the ground is not visible, but the mobile is.
  • Fixes notoriety and karma for villains in Warlords Keep and Gypsy Camp
  • The post-T2A style Hair Deed will no longer be available. Only the classic OSI style deed with no pictures, but which includes the "afro" (called curly) will be created from here out.
  • NPC Shopkeepers will not do business with with Dread Players (karma < -9999)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

robz

Re: Patch 124 - Feb 2, 2010: Shard Stability, Speeds, Exp. Pots

Post by robz »

Derrick wrote:
  • Vendors will not treat with Dread Players (karma < -9999)
I am guessing "trade"
Does this mean they cannot set up vendors, or cannot purchase from player vendors, or both?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

NPC vendors in town. I don't think it impacts player-run vendors.

Alulim

Post by Alulim »

Just got back from Ophidian Fortress.........*They Are Scary Again!!!*

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

robz wrote:Does this mean they cannot set up vendors, or cannot purchase from player vendors, or both?
Thanks, I reworded, this is for NPC shopkeeps only.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

And right as I go to buy a house deed with Sandro..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:And right as I go to buy a house deed with Sandro..
I forgot to credit Sandro with reporting this bug. I'm sorry to hear it bit you so soon.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Derrick wrote:
Sandro wrote:And right as I go to buy a house deed with Sandro..
I forgot to credit Sandro with reporting this bug. I'm sorry to hear it bit you so soon.
It's no big deal to raise karma briefly then drop it back down. :wink:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Really? I've had a hard time dropping Karma. As far as I know, they only way to get to dread is to kill Nobles, right? I don't know where to find them these days, except for in town, which is not a good idea.

Sargo

Post by Sargo »

Fixes issue with explosion potion LOS against mobiles when the ground is not visible, but the mobile is.

Huh? Could you explain this one a bit more? I dont understand. I dont us purple pots so Im confused... naturally ;)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sargo wrote:Fixes issue with explosion potion LOS against mobiles when the ground is not visible, but the mobile is.

Huh? Could you explain this one a bit more? I dont understand. I dont us purple pots so Im confused... naturally ;)
The issue was that when targeting a mobile with an explosion potion, you would get "target cannot be seen" if the mobile was standing in a place where he could be seen (i.e. you could target a spell on him), but the ground beneath his feet could not be seen. It was an error in the Line Of Sight check that was specific to purple potions.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

The post-T2A style Hair Deed will no longer be available. Only the classic OSI style deed with no pictures, but which includes the "afro" (called curly) will be created from here out.
Hey Derrick, can you post a picture of the two types? Or at least the current menu as of this patch?

I'm curious what it looks like, no big deal though :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Psilo wrote:
The post-T2A style Hair Deed will no longer be available. Only the classic OSI style deed with no pictures, but which includes the "afro" (called curly) will be created from here out.
Hey Derrick, can you post a picture of the two types? Or at least the current menu as of this patch?

I'm curious what it looks like, no big deal though :)
Sure:)
Attachments
HairDeeds.jpg

Sargo

Post by Sargo »

Derrick wrote:The issue was that when targeting a mobile with an explosion potion, you would get "target cannot be seen" if the mobile was standing in a place where he could be seen (i.e. you could target a spell on him), but the ground beneath his feet could not be seen. It was an error in the Line Of Sight check that was specific to purple potions.
Thanks for the reply Derrick. Your right on top of things as always! Long Live UO 2nd Age!

Lo Pan

Post by Lo Pan »

why such a drastic increase to the speed of these creatures? granted its been a long time since i played t2a but i don't remember them every being that fast. (aside from silver serpents)