Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Information on the latest Server Patches
Faust

Re: Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Post by Faust »

No, the patch has never been posted ahead of time before going live since I have been here for almost 2 years now. There has been portions of a patch that has been live for a few days before the notes were posted in the past.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MiB and map rates were adjusted in this patch. I've not seen the 2-3/hr thread but that's certainly off the wall in terms of accuracy to era. You should average about one per hour as quoted in other threads that I have seen. At some point this got messed up and we only caught it recently.
Faust wrote:mib rates weren't adjusted with this patch and they are the same as they were previously.
I ninja'd this one :/

This patch was live as of this morning.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

Derrick wrote:
Faust wrote:mib rates weren't adjusted with this patch and they are the same as they were previously.
I ninja'd this one :/
Why?
MiB and map rates were adjusted in this patch. I've not seen the 2-3/hr thread but that's certainly off the wall in terms of accuracy to era. You should average about one per hour as quoted in other threads that I have seen. At some point this got messed up and we only caught it recently.

This patch was live as of this morning.
also, almost all modifications that (or so I have seen) are done to this shard are done with documentation. One of the things I respect most. So where is this coming from?
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The MiB rate increased at some point in the past, I didn't determine why or when this changed. It should have been one per hour as on OSI.

I'd also only seen references on the forums to one MiB avg per hour; I sort of assumed this was an issue that crept up in the last big patch and was a generally unknown issue.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Well if you think about the way it worked in the past it shouldn't be too hard to figure this out. We used to use a conflicting game mechanic that was past our target date when the mibs dropped on the serpents instead of simply fishing them up. I wouldn't doubt the rate was changed when this game mechanic was fixed that removed the mibs from the serpents to simply fishing them up instead, etc... It would only be logical that the rates probably changed during this fix.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Faust wrote:I wouldn't doubt the rate was changed when this game mechanic was fixed that removed the mibs from the serpents to simply fishing them up instead, etc... It would only be logical that the rates probably changed during this fix.
doubt, logical, probably.. not a valid argument.

plus the "average 1 per hour" isnt even documented anywhere and is just a guess, so that could be wrong also and it's really 5 per hour on average.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Derrick wrote:
  • Shipwrecked Barrel Staves will be "real" Barrel Staves, which can now be used to craft barrels.

Craft barrels or kegs?

because there is a BIG difference...
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Krats

Post by Krats »

dont barrel staves create barrels, which are used to create kegs?
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I've also noticed the lvl 3 MIB chests rarely have vanq power weps now. Was there a nerf to this as well?

Brules

Post by Brules »

Derrick wrote:The MiB rate increased at some point in the past, I didn't determine why or when this changed. It should have been one per hour as on OSI.

I'd also only seen references on the forums to one MiB avg per hour; I sort of assumed this was an issue that crept up in the last big patch and was a generally unknown issue.
I would like to see documentation as to the rates per hour or what it should be has been or is/was. To arbitrarily nerf it to 1/hour "just because" does not jive with everything else that you all seem to require *documentation* before nerfing something. The pull rates have been what they were for 5 months at the least.....so the pull rates did not just creep up.

Plus ninja patch is not cool......if you were going to nerf map/mib pull rates I would have thought a discussion would have been in order at some point?

Nerfing to 1/hour without documentation is NOT ERA ACCURATE.

akumaizer
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by akumaizer »

I GMd fishing approximately two weeks ago. I was inspired by Daolin's 'Fishing success' post he made over a year ago and immediately started fishing in one hour increments, documenting the MIBs and T-Maps I fished up in each. Through 4/11, I had fished for 15 individual hours pulling up a total of 21 MIBs, which averages to 1.4 an hour. One of the awesome and frustrating things about fishing for MIBs is how much it varies. I recorded 5 in an hour once, 3 in another, but 0 in 4 of those hours.

Obviously the following isn't any evidence at all because there are bad days, but today I fished for two straight hours. After not getting any MIBs at all, I quit for the day disappointed. I will continue to monitor throughout the week. I hope fishing isn't ruined.

I understand that my 15 hours is not a complete sample. 1.4 is above 1 per hour of course, but not by that much. If the rate was reduced I'm curious how much it was reduced by.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Karik Verlee wrote:A simple google search of "wandering healers in the lost lands" found them.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/t2a/t2aguide.shtml
There are very few wandering healers in the Lost Lands so if you die, you have to run all the way to one of the towns or get resurrected by a friend. I have only found 2 wandering healers within the Lost Lands and those were by pure luck.

Looks like you're right!
i disagree they changed the spawns and made everything stronger, smarter faster and i think when they did that they added in healers.

or added them in when they added the champ spawns so people could do them easier.

I know that there were no healers in titan valley that was the number one spot people used to ask for a res in because they had no way to res or get home.

Severity

Post by Severity »

Derrick just an FYI I disagree with the nerf as well. In fact, I remember fishing well in T2A and the spawn rate at which I used to pull MiBs was very similar to what it was before you nerfed it. It was almost the exact same rate at which I remember before. I hope you change it back unless till we can find support documentation to change it.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Severity wrote:Derrick just an FYI I disagree with the nerf as well. In fact, I remember fishing well in T2A and the spawn rate at which I used to pull MiBs was very similar to what it was before you nerfed it. It was almost the exact same rate at which I remember before. I hope you change it back unless till we can find support documentation to change it.
i approve of the above posting
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Severity wrote:Derrick just an FYI I disagree with the nerf as well. In fact, I remember fishing well in T2A and the spawn rate at which I used to pull MiBs was very similar to what it was before you nerfed it. It was almost the exact same rate at which I remember before. I hope you change it back unless till we can find support documentation to change it.
i approve of the above posting
I too must Approve this Post!!

and will be out fishing with 2 GM fishermen tonight and post my MIB/Map catches!!

PS. I still believe the Spawn at Sea is WAY too Light, it's practically non existant!!!!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Return to “Patch Notes”