Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 128 - April 14 2010: Fishing, Spawns

Post by Derrick »

Brules wrote:Nerfing to 1/hour without documentation is NOT ERA ACCURATE.
Accidently raising it to 5 per hour without documentation is not era accurate.

It's pretty common knowledge, in addition to my own experiance that it was about one an hour on average. Here's the stratics guide:
http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/fishing.shtml wrote: Congratulations, you're a Grandmaster Fisherman now! All who have come before you are pleased to see that our wisdom has been passed onto the next generation. Ok, if you haven't gotten any yet, the cream of the crop of all treasures lies at the end of you fishing line: SoS bottles. If you don't have one, guess what…time for more fishing!! It usually works out to about 1 SoS every hour, if you fish for an hour nonstop. It comes out to something like 250 casts.
Gunslinger wrote:I've also noticed the lvl 3 MIB chests rarely have vanq power weps now. Was there a nerf to this as well?
No changes to this
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

OK ... Just spent 2 hours straight Fishing!

GM fisher #1

0 - maps
0 - MIB's

GM Fisher #2
1 - map
2- MIB's

and the 2 mib's where within the last 15 minutes of the Fishing RUN

seems to me that there is something Desperatly wrong with this!!!

Please Fix this ASAP

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Hour 3

GM Fisher #1
2- maps
0- Mib's

GM Fisher #2

0- maps
0 Mib's

again i say ... Please FIX this ASAP

Scammer Free Trade Room

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Hour 4

GM Fisher #1
0- maps
0- Mib's

GM Fisher #2

1- maps
0 Mib's

I would also like to add that in this Entire 4 hour period i did not run across 1 Serpent

did see about 6 water Ellies, but no Serpents!

Can you Please do something about the Serpent Spawn as Well ... fishing shouldn't be this Easy(boring)

Scammer Free Trade Room

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

Accidently raising it to 5 per hour without documentation is not era accurate.
I just want to touch on this. Going to have to go ahead and disagree here. I don't think anybody was getting 5 MiB's/hr. The day prior to the patch I fished all day at work. I scored something like 15 MiB's over an 8 hour day. That works out to about 1.8/hr. That is a long way from 5/hr. Now, you can see the forumula's and we can't. All we can go on is how this actually "plays out" in game.

Prior to the patch I was getting 1-3 MiB's/hr. Which, seems reasonable.

Post patch, people are saying they are getting like 1-2 every 5-7/hours, which seems unreasonable.

Even if the spawn rate was 1-2/hr, I think that would be reasonable. The problem is, people aren't getting anywhere near that. Once I get into work I am going to get my guy setup and continue tracking & see how he makes out today. But, I think it's very obvious to everyone involved that "this needs to be tweaked". My suggestion, in the interest of fairness is to revert the Fishing changes until the kinks can be worked out. Just my 2 cents.
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

timme

Post by timme »

I think nobody disagrees with the 1/hour rate, it's just that right now this rate doesn't exist.

There's already some evidence in this thread and I'm sure we are able to come up with more samples to see how close we are to 1/hour. I began fishing a few minutes ago, I will post my results later.

To the other fishers: please keep the BS calling to a minimum and post actual figures.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes I'm interested in ensuring that it's correct; but I felt a need to address the comment above that it wasn't accurate to make this change. I will continue to monitor this myself and we will tweak if necessary. Mathematically it's one per hour now, but at max fishing speed. which may be somewhat presumptuous. We will likely make some tweaks to this as we receive more information, these tweaks will likely not be posted as a patch note every time we make one. The goal is one per hour.

The deal with the serpent spawns is that it's just a gigantic ocean :/ I will try to increase.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Krats

Post by Krats »

DarkWing wrote:Hour 4

GM Fisher #1
0- maps
0- Mib's

GM Fisher #2

1- maps
0 Mib's

I would also like to add that in this Entire 4 hour period i did not run across 1 Serpent

did see about 6 water Ellies, but no Serpents!

Can you Please do something about the Serpent Spawn as Well ... fishing shouldn't be this Easy(boring)

From what i recall from a previous patch afew months ago, GM fishermen will no longer fish serpents

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11217
* GM fishers will no longer pull up sea serpents
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Krats wrote: From what i recall from a previous patch afew months ago, GM fishermen will no longer fish serpents

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11217
* GM fishers will no longer pull up sea serpents
this is true, but for Christ Sakes I am Falling Asleep out at Sea!

My Fishing/Archer is about to trade in his Bow and Arrow for a set of Knitting Needles,

Scammer Free Trade Room

Krats

Post by Krats »

Resolution:
have 2 fishers, 1 GM 1 locked at 99.9 LOL have them both fish at the same time
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Krats wrote:Resolution:
have 2 fishers, 1 GM 1 locked at 99.9 LOL have them both fish at the same time
Thats not a Resolution! ... thats a Cop-OUT!

and for the record before this last patch i DID run one at 99.9 ... it Didn't help!
The spawn rate is All out of Wack!

and JUST like OSI fishing has always been low on the Priority List!
yes (ERA Accurate)FTL

Scammer Free Trade Room

Krats

Post by Krats »

its a resolution, just not a good one.
GM fishermen do not pull up serpents, its proven to be era accurate nothing can be done to change that. If its to boring the best solution is to find something new to do, go back to being a pirate inbetween fishing? or gm fishing on a red? or do something completely different

Severity

Post by Severity »

I just never saw how MiBs were that far off of 1 per hour in the first place that required a change. I usually would fish for two or 3 hours and be lucky to get 3. I hope it's not giving 1 fishing item per hour (map or sos).

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Krats wrote:its a resolution, just not a good one.
GM fishermen do not pull up serpents, its proven to be era accurate nothing can be done to change that. If its to boring the best solution is to find something new to do, go back to being a pirate inbetween fishing? or gm fishing on a red? or do something completely different
Hrmm... go back to being a Pirate? never stopped, just with this new patch i believe the Fisherman at Sea rate will drop. and my Fishing/Pirate is my only RED! all from Pirating!

will be a sad day when he turns blue due to the lack of action at Sea!

Scammer Free Trade Room

Raiko98
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Raiko98 »

Spent about 4 hours at sea and only pulled 1 t-map....This cant be right. I am more than ok with changes but it seems something is very wrong with the new "rate". I usually pull around 1-2 mibs per hour but that is obviously not the case as of the latest patch. However I do like the increased agro from serps and water els, makes things a bit more interesting.

Return to “Patch Notes”