Patch 129 - May 3, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 129 - May 3, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay

Post by Derrick »

• House placement changes, especially the allowance of placing over "dirt patches", and there may be slight changes to road proximity.
  • The guard behavior changes discussed in: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 6&start=75
    • It no longer matters if the attacker is in the guard zone or not when a crime is committed in the guard zone; If the criminal is in range of the crime location he will be eligible for the guards being called if the crime's location was in town.
    • Looting of corpses will not trigger NPC's calling guards, however the guards may still be called by a player.
    • Poison "ticks" are not attacks, and you will not be guard whacked solely due to them. You can be guard whacked if you poison someone in town, on the initial application of the poison (be it by spell or weapon)
    • There is no LOS for calling guards.
    • In order to call guards on criminal, you must be a witness to the crime.
      • this generally means that you actually saw the message "You see Davy attacking Ringo" or "You see chumbucket trying to steal a mandrake root from your mother"
      • As always, anyone may call the guards on a murderer in town
  • Murder Count eligibility changes:
    • Paralyze and debuff will make you eligible for a murder count
    • You are otherwise not eligible to receive a murder count unless you actually do damage to your victim
    • Creating a Firefield directly on top of somone will make you eligible for a murder count; but having someone walk into your firefield will not.
    • You will be eligible for a murder count on someone you've damaged until combat expires, that victim is at "full health", dies, or recalls.
      • "Full Health" is now properly defined as not only having all your hit points, but also no longer being paralyzed, poisoned, or debuffed.
  • Mask drops: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17672
  • Item Decay: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18051
    • Newbie items and Body Parts will fast decay (90 seconds) in houses if not locked down, or contained.
    • Body parts will fast decay just like newbie items, even though they are not newbie: Subject: Proposed new changes to item decay in next patch.
    • Note that House Deeds and some Holidays gifts are newbie. Lock them down.
    • Items in house areas which are not actually in the house will be subject to decay: Subject: Proposed new changes to item decay in next patch.
      • This means that items in courtyards, and under tower wings will now decay
    • Decay will not begin on these items until the items are moved; so there is no fear of losing items because you did not find out in time.
    • Faster decay on empty treasure map chests
  • House Contents visibility
    • Passing under a tower wing, or entering a castle/keep courtyard will no longer load the contents of the house.
    • Items under tower wings will be visible without having to enter the house (or previously walk under the wing).
  • Can now track Sea Creatures such as Serpents and dolphins. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16724
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 129 - May 4, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay

Post by Wise »

Awesome patch!!

specifically.....
Derrick wrote:
"You see chumbucket trying to steal a mandrake root from your mother"

^_^
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Derrick wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Unstablecorn

Post by Unstablecorn »

Pirul wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D
How much faster are we talking here? It was 3 hours before right?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Pirul wrote:How much faster are we talking here? It was 3 hours before right?
It's only been reduced to 2 hours from 3. What I'd like to do is put it on a faster decay cycle once it's empty, but I dodn't have time to get into that for this patch.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Two quick questions:

Derrick wrote:
  • Note that House Deeds and some Holidays gifts are newbie. Lock them down.
Is there a list of which ones are/aren't somewhere?
Derrick wrote:
Will this affect things like using footstools to bridge two towers? Or are those still considered to be in the house?
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

SJane3384 wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Will this affect things like using footstools to bridge two towers? Or are those still considered to be in the house?
You must lock them down to make bridge, plus they are not "under" the wing so much as over it, so I imagine your bridge should be fine.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, if it is locked down it will never decay, and if it's possible to lock it down, it is inside the house.

There's no list of which items are newbied (that I have anyway). The only way to tell if something if newbied as opposed to blessed is give it to a red and kill them.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Derrick wrote:Items in house areas which are not actually in the house will be subject to decay
Are house steps considered to be inside or outside the house?

I tend to leave fish/wheat/boots out on my steps not locked down. Will these be subject to decay now? I have to 'move'* them as they get stolen sometimes.

*Replace.
Last edited by Jill Stihl on Mon May 03, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

•House placement changes, especially the allowance of placing over "dirt patches", and there may be slight changes to road proximity.
Did this include the allowance of improper house placement such as being able to place a house on uneven terrain?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

■This means that items in courtyards, and under tower wings will now decay
test this ... items i have just placed in my courtyard are NOT Decaying!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

Derrick wrote:Aye, if it is locked down it will never decay, and if it's possible to lock it down, it is inside the house.

There's no list of which items are newbied (that I have anyway). The only way to tell if something if newbied as opposed to blessed is give it to a red and kill them.

Or try and sell it - I believe you can't sell newbie clothes/items.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

DarkWing wrote:test this ... items i have just placed in my courtyard are NOT Decaying!
Sorry, should have mentioned this. The way the grace period was implemented introduced a delay to the start of decay. Any items moved after midnight tonight will begin decaying.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Faust wrote:
•House placement changes, especially the allowance of placing over "dirt patches", and there may be slight changes to road proximity.
Did this include the allowance of improper house placement such as being able to place a house on uneven terrain?

This. Also I see that the patch date says May 4th, does this mean it is coming in tomorrow? Or is that a typo?

Derrick

Re: Patch 129 - May 3, 2010: Guards, Murder Counts, Decay

Post by Derrick »

No, I haven't been able to get any further work done on houseplacement besides the dirt patches and roads in this patch, although this alone is very substancial progress.

Also, I mentioned this elsewhere, but forgot to put in in the patch notes.
A big thanks is due Kryponical for many many many hours devoted to mapping out every road in Britainnia (over 4000 rectangles). Without this immense labor, fixing these dirt patches properly would not have been possible.

Thanks for the note on the date. i lost track of what day it was weeks ago. This patch was live this morning.