Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard

Information on the latest Server Patches
Faust

Re: Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, G

Post by Faust »

Animal Mother wrote:I have to agree with the above posters. I'm all for era accuracy, but the horse stamina change is ridiculous. This is one part of the era that can and should be left out.
Who decides what makes this game better? Would that be you? Bubba? Sampson? Leroy? Derrick, even though he as admittedly stated that he could not develop this era into a better entity where a countless number of others failed too? That is the problem with people with these shards. Not every soul will agree if something is right or wrong about this era(and there are definitely many on both sides of the fence), so history depicts what gets implemented. That is what has made this shard such a success and where all others that tried failed.

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Misti Autumns wrote:Number 2: Monster Targeting.... This has got to be the most ridiculous implementation I have ever seen put into effect on ANY of the shards I have played UO on. For example, I gate a dexer into a two story building full of mages with about 20 different rooms inside. Somehow (magically I'm sure) EVERY mage, inside outside, upstairs, downstairs and even water elementals outside the building attack me... Now I'm not sure about the rest of you, but even if this is in fact era accurate its a horrible thing to implement as even a 2 year old would tell you that it makes no sense.... I mean for god sakes, when do I get the ability to target and attack someone who is in a room that I cannot even see? It doesn't even make sense that a monster, NPC or whatever could see you to begin to even attack if your not in the same room.
I've gotta agree with this
I agree with your mount stamina response as well

I thought the overall goal was to make the shard better, not worse

Now we've got SuperMan monsters now that can see through walls. Not needed

Era or no, not every missing piece completes the puzzle

Faust

Post by Faust »

Read my response right above your response...

Misti Autumns

Post by Misti Autumns »

Faust wrote:Read my response right above your response...
Your response doesnt hold much ground, although it sounds nice. Takes anybody with two seconds of time to spare to think about this and be confused. Even someone who doesnt play this game, you could describe this to them, and their only logical response would probobly be WTF?!?!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I am a GM runner.

I run from all PvP.

I'm not joking, in particular my thief with no resist and no ei loves to run on his horse. He's good at it.

It's a lot harder to get away from the angry hordes of people trying to kill me, because I can no longer keep running for 20 minutes until they get bored or stuck on a tree so I can hide.

Next time you're chasing some wimpy ass fool on his GM running horse and he suddenly stops dead in his tracks, you might actually like the change.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I stand pretty shocked. I've been working on the action throttle, a feature that apparently used to be on UOSA but is not anymore. Further research has shown that this became broken on June 24, 2009 in this patch:
Subject: Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections wrote: Major changes:
  • Attack and Item Lift/Use throttle will be treated as separate packet throttles.
A major change indeed.

I and likely many other players that have been here over a year likely understood this delay to already be on the shard. This will likely take some adjustment for others. This will be remedied in the morning.

Note: this also applies to Lifting items
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Note: this also applies to Lifting items
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The fix to the action delay (Use and Lift) will be live on test center immediately. Restarting it now with patch.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Izual
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Izual »

Faust wrote:Read my response right above your response...
I read it.. I usually read pretty thoroughly before posting

Still doesn't change my thoughts that I think that the peoples opinions should be valued most, as we are the ones who are most effected by changes, and we are the ones that have to put up with bad mechanics while we play

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Please don't get into a shard priorities and generic mechanics discussion in this thread. The conversation will be fine elsewhere.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Derrick wrote:I stand pretty shocked. I've been working on the action throttle, a feature that apparently used to be on UOSA but is not anymore. Further research has shown that this became broken on June 24, 2009 in this patch:
Subject: Patch 105: June 24, 2009 - Major Era Mechanics corrections wrote: Major changes:
  • Attack and Item Lift/Use throttle will be treated as separate packet throttles.
A major change indeed.

I and likely many other players that have been here over a year likely understood this delay to already be on the shard. This will likely take some adjustment for others. This will be remedied in the morning.

Note: this also applies to Lifting items
Derrick would you please explain what on earth any of this means? ^_^

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mens Rea wrote:Derrick would you please explain what on earth any of this means? ^_^
It means that you are only supposed to be able to lift or use one item per second. This was active on UOSA prior to June 2009 at which point it was unintentionally broken in Patch 105. In the morning this action/lift delay will be reinstated.

I suspect it'll be shocking to some, but it's correct and indisputable. No sense in waiting.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Suits me, I have a ping of 250ms to the server.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Don't forgot to adjust your object queue delay in Razor accordingly with the action delay change... should be 1000ms and you could even add your ping difference too it.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Faust wrote:Don't forgot to adjust your object queue delay in Razor accordingly with the action delay change... should be 1000ms and you could even add your ping difference too it.
Way ahead of you: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19959

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:Derrick would you please explain what on earth any of this means? ^_^
It means that you are only supposed to be able to lift or use one item per second. This was active on UOSA prior to June 2009 at which point it was unintentionally broken in Patch 105. In the morning this action/lift delay will be reinstated.

I suspect it'll be shocking to some, but it's correct and indisputable. No sense in waiting.
Is the [Spam detected] in regards to speech delay related to this? I don't remember ever having to wait 1 sec in between 'vendor sell' spam, or is it client-side?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter