Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, Guard

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 131 - June 25, 2010: Pets, AI, Housing, Fatigue, G

Post by Derrick »

Hicha wrote:Is the [Spam detected] in regards to speech delay related to this? I don't remember ever having to wait 1 sec in between 'vendor sell' spam, or is it client-side?
This is acutally client side, and it's currently not honored by the shard at all. It can be circumvented by setting your "Buy", "Sell", or any other speech macro in Razor instead of within the client.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

I noticed that I cant take off my weapon and shield at the same time anymore, was there a change in this type of delay as well? It takes a full second extra second now to switch between weapons sets (sword and shield.) But It seemed like I didn't have a problem with this before the patch but now its changed. Was just wondering if it was a bug or if that got changed as well.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, there is a one second delay between lifting items.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

lonewolf_cody

Post by lonewolf_cody »

I do remember distinctly horses running out of stamina frequently, maybe this is the reason a lot of people farmed on foot, and I even remember pk's being on foot. I for one actually enjoyed it that way, a lot more adventures used to take place back then instead of just insta dungeon, at least for me.

As for the monsters aggroing through walls, I remember that as well, and it was more challenging, cant say I like or dislike it per say. But I remember always hunting in groups in places with the evil mages and water elementals everywhere. I dont know about the rest of you, but maybe my experiences were different than the rest of yours. Then again, dont think everyone made PK either, which this shard is full of.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Izual wrote:
Misti Autumns wrote:Number 2: Monster Targeting.... This has got to be the most ridiculous implementation I have ever seen put into effect on ANY of the shards I have played UO on. For example, I gate a dexer into a two story building full of mages with about 20 different rooms inside. Somehow (magically I'm sure) EVERY mage, inside outside, upstairs, downstairs and even water elementals outside the building attack me... Now I'm not sure about the rest of you, but even if this is in fact era accurate its a horrible thing to implement as even a 2 year old would tell you that it makes no sense.... I mean for god sakes, when do I get the ability to target and attack someone who is in a room that I cannot even see? It doesn't even make sense that a monster, NPC or whatever could see you to begin to even attack if your not in the same room.
I've gotta agree with this
I agree with your mount stamina response as well

I thought the overall goal was to make the shard better, not worse

Now we've got SuperMan monsters now that can see through walls. Not needed

Era or no, not every missing piece completes the puzzle
the mob ai is very important part of what made t2a era what it was. with it working correct people farm on there main characters for protection from noto pks and because the mob ai can be abused / used.

give it some time you will end up liking it, or at least remembering it.

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

malice-tg wrote:the mob ai is very important part of what made t2a era what it was. with it working correct people farm on there main characters for protection from noto pks and because the mob ai can be abused / used.
what the hell are you talking about?