Patch 130 - May 21, 2010: "a big patch of small goodies?"

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 130 - May 21, 2010: "a big patch of small goodies?"

Post by Derrick »

This patch was inspired by this thread http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18463 in an attempt to catch up on a lot of the little stuff that's been pending for ages. Due to time constraints not everything that was hoped to be included got in. Guild Chat and Parties were on the chopping block for this patch, but didn't make it; these two will almost certainly be removed in the next patch (please don't start a discussion on that in this thread)
  • Colored armor on armorer vendors with OSI hues. (one of many threads) (pic)
  • Colored cloth and items on Tailor with OSI hues.
  • Thieves guild members will show their Karma/Fame title
  • Animation and sound fix for Healers.
  • Forensic Evaluation does not reveal perma-gray status on thieves guild members
  • Snooping is a revealing action if stealthed. (thread)
  • Stuck menu now transports to random town, within Ten minutes. Still can use twice in 24 hours.(thread)
  • You may not exchange items securely in game join areas. You may however give someone a single item. (thread)
  • You may now refresh the house by double clicking the main house door, even if it is unable to open (same for boats). (thread)
  • You can no longer refresh a house by opening an internal house door
  • Player vendors are now properly recreated when using a deed generated using the "vendor replace" command. (bug)
  • "Vendors will only be eligible to remain in the house if you are a friend, and will pack up automatically if their owner visits them and is not a friend." (OSI Patch Note)
  • Vendors take a days pay when redeeded. If for no other reason, this is to prevent the creation of free backpacks by creating and deleting vendors.
  • A player who is a member of a guild whose stone is not in a house will receive a warning when logging in.
  • "Guild titles and abbreviations will no longer display when incognito. " (OSI Patch Note)
  • Short Term Murder counts are not reduced on resurrection with stat loss.(thread)
  • Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage. (thread)
  • Register Email and Tips are disabled on test center
Added May 24:
  • Updated email address registration email body, and message to user. The process should be clearer now.
  • Corrects the "leather cap" in the tailor and provisioner sell list. This should actually always have been a bonnet (thanks marmalade)
  • Fixed buggy descriptions for wands, and proper naming of enchanted clothing and weapons (thanks rouss)
  • Provocation targets will trigger the "criminal action" prompt if enabled. (thanks Blackbeard)
  • Vendors are more understanding of complex phrases, such as "Hail bob, I'd like to view your stuff" will work now. (thanks Manfromx)
  • Axes (when not equipped) and Spears can be used to carve corpses and kindling. (thanks Manfromx)
  • Major Bug Fix: Fishing up an SoS chest would sometimes cause the chest to be deleted if the fishers pack could not hold the chest. (thanks Rammar)
Added may 26:
  • Disabled the on-login warnings on guildstones which are intentionally not in a house.
  • Opening paperdoll is a disruptive (to meditation) action, and sends mobile update (as per OSI: this may resynch client, not sure) (thread)
  • Anyone will be able to tame previously tamed creatures. (thread)
  • Fix for pickaxes not working from pack. (bug)
Added June 1:
  • Some bugs involving boat refresh have been fixed
  • You will need a key in your pack to refresh or rename a boat.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 130 - May 21, 2010: "a big patch of small goodies?

Post by Rendar »

•Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage.
Oh snap.

Thanks Cave! All my characters are done. ehehe
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Thanks for the great pacth derrick, Wise's Birth Day Patch it should be called!! See everyone Monday!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Brules

Post by Brules »

BEWARE anyone who has a vendor at a house they are no longer friended to!!!!! It will go POOF today if you acess it!!!!!

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Derrick wrote: [*]Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage. (thread)
just wondering what sort of algorithm you based this on since we don't have fully decoded functions to see how osi did it in the demo?

rouss

Post by rouss »

Derrick wrote:
  • Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage. (thread)
Even though I'm all for 100% era accuracy this puts new players in a clear disadvantage. We have a lot of players who gmed resist casting in town, have a lot of them who gmed resist during mass resist sessions... To be fair, we should decrease (or wipe) this skill on all the characters. Also, now that resist is gonna be tough to gm, era accuracy should increase. Apparently, this will never happen...

/whining.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

rouss wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Even though I'm all for 100% era accuracy this puts new players in a clear disadvantage. We have a lot of players who gmed resist casting in town, have a lot of them who gmed resist during mass resist sessions... To be fair, we should decrease (or wipe) this skill on all the characters. Also, now that resist is gonna be tough to gm, era accuracy should increase. Apparently, this will never happen...

/whining.

Yeah GL with that.
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

Mary Read

Post by Mary Read »

It's just like everyone that GMed all their skills on order guards the easy way. Now us noobs had to do it the "tougher" way.

The resist thing sucks but oh well.

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

You should be able to still do this: Have 1 character stand out of town and cast on another character inside of town. You will only take 1 damage. Yes, more expensive & time consuming then free resist sessions. But it works and it's era accurate. This should still work after today's patch, if it doesn't they screwed up because we all know this was era accurate.
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I'm curious to see how this affects the amount of resist you gain while casting on yourself training magery, specifically how much of a difference having or not having eval makes during this.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

rouss

Post by rouss »

Rendar wrote:You should be able to still do this: Have 1 character stand out of town and cast on another character inside of town. You will only take 1 damage. Yes, more expensive & time consuming then free resist sessions. But it works and it's era accurate. This should still work after today's patch, if it doesn't they screwed up because we all know this was era accurate.
if i take only 1 damage how im supposed to get to higher levels?
gains are now based partially on damage
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Rendar wrote:You will only take 1 damage.
Derrick wrote:Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage.
Don't think it'll work. Plus, make sure no NPC sees you since now, apparently guards can be called to slaughter those nasty mages, even if they are out of town.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mary Read

Post by Mary Read »

Pirul wrote:
Rendar wrote:You will only take 1 damage.
Derrick wrote:Magic Resist gains are now based partially on damage, in addition to the circle of the spell. This means you cannot gain into high levels of resist while taking minimal damage.
Don't think it'll work. Plus, make sure no NPC sees you since now, apparently guards can be called to slaughter those nasty mages, even if they are out of town.

Obviously you wouldn't sit outside town with a blue attacking another blue. Other players would demolish you.

Same guild I'd assume.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mary Read wrote:Obviously you wouldn't sit outside town with a blue attacking another blue. Other players would demolish you.

Same guild I'd assume.
Oh, he was talking about two PCs...I had only seen this done with hired NPC mages outside town casting on to a player in town.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

I raise my dexxer's resist from 55 to about... 97 using the tactic I described above. All of my characters are GM resist now, but if anyone else wants to test it.. what I'm saying is it should work because it worked during T2A. If it doesn't work anymore, it needs to be addressed by the admins. Are we understanding me yet?
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!