Patch 132 -July 1, 2010: Fatigue, Monster aggression, Weight

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 132 -July 1, 2010: Fatigue, Monster aggression, We

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:For some reason untamed animals in a house will enter combat with monsters outside and then pathfind towards them without having line of sight.
This may be happening because the animals inside are naturally agressive to the ones outside. This is a tendancy that most "pretamed" animals have. Tamed creautres should only acquire what they are told to acquire, and will not attack on their own unless in the case of natuarally aggressive pets, for example (but not limited to) dragons which may under some circumstances attack without being told to. However animals, which have been tamed before do attack agressive monsters on their own; this is understood to be consistant with OSI.
MatronDeWinter wrote: Another thing I found interesting here is that once an npc enters combat it will stick to that combatant no matter what. For instance, if a sheep inside my house is pressed up against the wall trying to get at an ettin outside (which I don't agree should happen to begin with), I cannot attack and lead it anywhere. Even if I attack it and get close to it, it will not switch combatants over to me and pathfind to me.

Another effect of this is that you can trap an npc, attack it then back away so it cant hit you. Then bring another player in to spar with the trapped npc and the npc will not hit the player that is next to them because they are too busy trying to get to/aggro the first player who is out of range??
This is a difference between tamed and untamed pets that should not exist.

I've been concentrating on the crash problem we had over the weekend and plan to post a fix for it today. I agree that you should not be able to fight any creature without them swinging back at you ever, although there are currently many ways to do this (and this has been the case for some time), it's not correct.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There was a small patch this morning to fix the issue that caused the crashes over the weekend, and to fix a couple serious bugs with pet control.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, but ever since the last patch the auto-stacking on the ground when mining doesn't work... any ideas? It usually goes to my pack, sometimes to the ground, do I need to adjust the razor macro??? please help, it was working perfect before

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Direwolf wrote:I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, but ever since the last patch the auto-stacking on the ground when mining doesn't work... any ideas? It usually goes to my pack, sometimes to the ground, do I need to adjust the razor macro??? please help, it was working perfect before
Yes, set your action queue to 1000ms in Razor.

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

thanks Derrick, and thank you for maintaining this wonderful shard, how can we advertise it more? Anyway, I set the ping a little higher than that to get the ore to stack, maybe my ping is bad. You are the greatest
Derrick wrote:
Direwolf wrote:I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, but ever since the last patch the auto-stacking on the ground when mining doesn't work... any ideas? It usually goes to my pack, sometimes to the ground, do I need to adjust the razor macro??? please help, it was working perfect before
Yes, set your action queue to 1000ms in Razor.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

monsters are casting through walls sometimes.. not sure exactly the situation this happens in. it happens quite often in terathan keep and hythloth balron, when a monster is standing in the corner of a room targetting you on the other side. i can post a pic if that helps.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:monsters are casting through walls sometimes.. not sure exactly the situation this happens in. it happens quite often in terathan keep and hythloth balron, when a monster is standing in the corner of a room targetting you on the other side. i can post a pic if that helps.
Aye, Please post a pic. Thanks!

This may be more appropriate for "Bug Reports"

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

in the hyth bally room in osi it was common tactic to cast firefall 'through' the wall onto the ground and walk the bally back n fourth on it
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is supposed to be LOS through that crumbled wall in hyth, is that the area in question?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Here is a pic on UOSA
You used to be able to cast from the area where I am standing there through that wall
You would drop a firefield and run the balron back and fourth

There is no line of sight available there unless therse a trick to it i am unaware of
Attachments
ballyff.jpg
ballyff.jpg (48.99 KiB) Viewed 5786 times
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]