Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creature AI

Information on the latest Server Patches
marmalade

Re: Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creatur

Post by marmalade »

Derrick wrote: [*]You cannot co-own a player to a house if they own a house.
does this mean co-owners cannot place houses aswell?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

marmalade wrote:
Derrick wrote: [*]You cannot co-own a player to a house if they own a house.
does this mean co-owners cannot place houses aswell?
yup

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

no, i just tested it. co-owners can still place and be owners of new houses.

i'm assuming it shouldn't be like this?

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

marmalade wrote:no, i just tested it. co-owners can still place and be owners of new houses.

i'm assuming it shouldn't be like this?
The next time they visit a house they're co-owned to it should drop their status to friend. At least this is how I remember it happening on OSI.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

it doesnt.

also, hallys are hitting unusally hard. i know weapons in good condition now hit harder, but are you sure they're meant to be hitting this hard?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

marmalade wrote:it doesnt.

also, hallys are hitting unusally hard. i know weapons in good condition now hit harder, but are you sure they're meant to be hitting this hard?
i noticed that on test too. i killed a friend in 2 gm halberd hits (no spells). he was weakened but it was pretty ridiculous.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

marmalade wrote:also, hallys are hitting unusally hard. i know weapons in good condition now hit harder, but are you sure they're meant to be hitting this hard?
Lacking any evidence to the contrary, we are using the OSI durability bonuses. In watching on test and in game today I did not witness anything that seemed very extreme.

We heard a lot to suggest that weapons seemed a little low on damage output, and it's believed this was the discrepancy. As always a little bit of armor or clothing will make a lot of difference.

Co-owners who own a house should not be honored as co-owners; this was not yet implemented as of this mornings patch as time was running very short last night, but will be coming soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Another discovered issue that will be fixed tomorrow is the accidental nerfing of Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes. They are currently only hitting at about half speed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Also, added an important ommission to the patch notes. I forgot about this one:

Ranged weapons will lose effective distance (range) as they become worn

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Additions and fixes this morning:
  • Co-owners who own other houses will be treated as friends.
  • Fixes the line of sight check for melee combat.
  • Non-aggressive pets should no longer respond to aggressive creatures attacking them through walls. (As before this patch)
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes who began hitting extremely slow have been fixed.
  • Blade Spirits and EV's will now acquire correctly, you need to place them very close to monsters/creatures for them to hit.
  • It will be possible to Item ID, Taste ID and Arms Lore items on NPC Vendors

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

So co-owners are not entirely gone, but they are on their way out the door?

All of this stuff looks great! Thanks

Matt

Post by Matt »

Here's my quick take on the latest patch.

Hallys never hit this hard with this kind of consistency, armor or no armor. Maybe once in a blue moon you'd get lucky and half someone with a GM hally, but it was not like this.

The double swing: if this ever existed (I don't remember it), it must have been patched out and corrected promptly.

Mount refresh: Never had to refresh mounts this often

Qstaff swing seems slower. Am I imagining this?

more to come

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kingsley wrote:probably the lamest part of the patch, wheres the logic behind this one i cant seem to find the thread
I'm shocked you can't find a thread on this, as it's been under discussion for months, and there are a couple recent threads on the subject on the first page of the "Suggestions and Era-Accuracy" board.
The logic though it very simple and direct. This is the patch that introduced co-owners:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ultima_Online:_The_Second_Age_Patch_Notes_for_11/23/1999 wrote: Co-owners Nov 23 1999 2:50PM CST

All of the features for co-owners are currently available for testing on the Test Center Shard.

Co-ownership will allow you to select trusted friends and allies to control some of the important functions of a house. This will allow more flexibility for house owners and provide a method for additional storage for those players who share houses.

Selecting Co-owners
  • Other characters on the same account as the house owner will be treated as co-owners unless:
    • They are already an owner or co-owner of another house.
    You may select up to eight characters to be co-owners:
    • A co-owner may not be the owner of a house.
    • A co-owner may not be a co-owner of another house.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Matt wrote:Here's my quick take on the latest patch.

Hallys never hit this hard with this kind of consistency, armor or no armor. Maybe once in a blue moon you'd get lucky and half someone with a GM hally, but it was not like this.

The double swing: if this ever existed (I don't remember it), it must have been patched out and corrected promptly.

Mount refresh: Never had to refresh mounts this often

Qstaff swing seems slower. Am I imagining this?

more to come
I'm going to bet 1000 gp that you played in, and are remembering, UOR.

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

Derrick wrote:Co-owners who own a house should not be honored as co-owners; this was not yet implemented as of this mornings patch as time was running very short last night, but will be coming soon.
:o Ouch!!! As I understood it, back in the old days, this was done partly to affect those houses owned by inactive accounts. Additionally, part of the reason for Felucca/Trammel (the biggest blunder OSI ever made, in my opinion) was to double the land to make room for more housing. But removing the ability of someone to place/remove Trash Barrels and lockdown and release items (until now, the ability of a Co-owner) seems an unnecessary change for a shard such as this; unless you eventually intend to impose and enforce a limit of one house per account.

Derrick, I implore you to reconsider this "Co-owner" change.