Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creature AI

Information on the latest Server Patches
Matt

Re: Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creatur

Post by Matt »

Mikel123 wrote:
Matt wrote:Here's my quick take on the latest patch.

Hallys never hit this hard with this kind of consistency, armor or no armor. Maybe once in a blue moon you'd get lucky and half someone with a GM hally, but it was not like this.

The double swing: if this ever existed (I don't remember it), it must have been patched out and corrected promptly.

Mount refresh: Never had to refresh mounts this often

Qstaff swing seems slower. Am I imagining this?

more to come
I'm going to bet 1000 gp that you played in, and are remembering, UOR.
1998-99 was when i played the most. wow archery is GIMPED. this delay is accurate?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The co-owner change is good.

Finally we wont have ten thousand small houses blocking the caste spots of cool people... or at least its gonna be harder to do.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Yep. Archery is now worthless. Can't even run after you shoot and the delay seems ridiculous. That sucks. 1, because I have an archer and worked most of his skill manually-- and 2, because this was a time in UO when archers on the up and up. Any chance I can trade archery for another skill or archery in general could be given another look? I really like playing here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SirLanceAlittle wrote: :o Ouch!!! As I understood it, back in the old days, this was done partly to affect those houses owned by inactive accounts. Additionally, part of the reason for Felucca/Trammel (the biggest blunder OSI ever made, in my opinion) was to double the land to make room for more housing. But removing the ability of someone to place/remove Trash Barrels and lockdown and release items (until now, the ability of a Co-owner) seems an unnecessary change for a shard such as this; unless you eventually intend to impose and enforce a limit of one house per account.
I understand that this seems like a big change. The ability for coowners to own other houses is a strange phenomenon that I suspect is generally unique to UOSA.

Prior to co-owners, with the friends system only, the friends would not inherit within the account if the character owned another house:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ultima_Online:_The_Second_Age_Patch_Notes_for_12/21/1998 wrote: Friend of the house is defined as
Being the house's owner
Being on the house's explicit friends list
Being a character on the same account as the owner, unless you own a house yourself
This far predates any talk of Trammel. This is the first house ownership system. This is also not an issue for coowners that do not own other houses. This is the Accurate solution to house ownersip. One house per account is not accurate to the era and will not be imposed. Coowners owning other houses is not accurate to any era of UO.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

RoseRIP wrote:The co-owner change is good.

Finally we wont have ten thousand small houses blocking the caste spots of cool people... or at least its gonna be harder to do.
I doubt the Co-owner change will help this issue, but I fully understand your frustration. Although I was given my house as a gift, I have, and always shall, done my best to not take up a space where a large house, tower, keep, or castle might fit. But, keep in mind that many "cool people" own small houses too. It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it that counts. :wink:

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Derrick, there is one certainty here: You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people, uh, err, any of the time. Wait, is that how it goes? Something like that. Anyway, I still get a lot of enjoyment out of this server. Thanks.

lotus39

Post by lotus39 »

Faust wrote:
lotus39 wrote: The whole archery deal with needing to stay still until the arrows hits is kind of odd.

I run stop shoot and have to sit there until it actually does damage.
The 'plant and shoot' and 'damage' delays both required no movement in order to finish the sequence.

This was a part of the original swing timer code and verified.
Could be, Ill just go do macroed double hally hits like everyone else, as archery that was bad before is worthless now.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I don't want to initiate a debate on this in here. But the idea of macroing double hally hits is pretty improbable and seems more like immature propaganda than anything based in reality.

If you would like to actually discuss archery mechanics please start a new thread. If the intent is just to mindlessly bash please take it to another website.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

lotus39

Post by lotus39 »

Derrick wrote:I don't want to initiate a debate on this in here. But the idea of macroing double hally hits is pretty improbable and seems more like immature propaganda than anything based in reality.

If you would like to actually discuss archery mechanics please start a new thread. If the intent is just to mindlessly bash please take it to another website.
Sorry Derrick, Didnt mean to thread crap.

No real need to discuss the mechanics of archery as they are pretty much deemed era accurate, and they could be as I have smoked one too many to remember back that far :).

I just know that having to sit still while the arrow actually hits is rough.

As far as the double hally hit, im just going off other posts.

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

I think my favorite thing about UO (all versions) is the ability to not only have a house (regardless of size) but to be able to make that house uniquely your own by how you decorate it. For some time, in Mondain's Legacy, I was a property broker. I would buy, or place (whenever I could) a house, do some unique and creative decorating, and then resell it at an unholy profit margin. Now, however, I have a question.

The Co-Owner change only affects Characters and not the Account, right? Take the following example:

My account (MyAcct) has three characters (Char1 and Char2) and an account of a friend (FriendsAcct) also has two characters (Friend1 and Friend2). My Char2 owns a house and Friend1 and Friend2 each own a house. Can my Char1, which owns no house, be a Co-Owner to the two houses owned by Friend1 and Friend2? I know that my Char1 will have Co-Owner rights automatically of my Char2's home as it is on the same account.

Correct me if I'm wrong here or let me bask in my own unusual accuracy if I am right. :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SirLanceAlittle wrote:I think my favorite thing about UO (all versions) is the ability to not only have a house (regardless of size) but to be able to make that house uniquely your own by how you decorate it. For some time, in Mondain's Legacy, I was a property broker. I would buy, or place (whenever I could) a house, do some unique and creative decorating, and then resell it at an unholy profit margin. Now, however, I have a question.
Indeed :D
SirLanceAlittle wrote:The Co-Owner change only affects Characters and not the Account, right? Take the following example:

My account (MyAcct) has two characters (Char1 and Char2) and an account of a friend (FriendsAcct) also has two characters (Friend1 and Friend2). My Char2 owns a house and Friend1 and Friend2 each own a house. Can my Char1, which owns no house, be a Co-Owner to the two houses owned by Friend1 and Friend2? I know that my Char1 will have Co-Owner rights automatically of my Char2's home as it is on the same account.
Yes. Co-owner rights are per character pased on the houses that character alone owns. Char1 will be a co-owner of Char2's house automatically as he owns no house and is on the same account.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Derrick wrote:Yes. Co-owner rights are per character pased on the houses that character alone owns. Char1 will be a co-owner of Char2's house automatically as he owns no house and is on the same account.
I think in SirLanceAlittle's example that Char1 can be a co-owner to only one of the friends' houses, but not both.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes

"A co-owner may not be a co-owner of another house."

Of course, all this is academic if co-owners are being removed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A couple fixes and a feature added this morning:
  • Pema red has been implemented. (thread)
    • Perma-Red was introduced on OSI along with Long Term counts in March 1999 (patch)
    • The function is the same as on OSI in era, described below:
      • Another new counter we term "pingpong" will be added.
      • This counter increases each time you go red.
      • If this counter reaches five, you will be permanently red (meaning, you will be attackable. You will not suffer stat loss unless your murder count is also high).
      • This counter does not decay.
  • Energy Vortexes and Blade Spirits were discovered to be relatively blind when following their victim and lost him after a few steps, this has been corrected. (Thanks Darkwing)
  • Invulnerable NPC's will not longer be attackable, or fight back when aggressed (Thanks Darkwing)

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

i think that when they introduce perma red and all this stuff, all the murder counts were cleaned

many peeps became blue again, after a long period of red time

should be the same here
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Bigoud wrote:i think that when they introduce perma red and all this stuff, all the murder counts were cleaned

many peeps became blue again, after a long period of red time

should be the same here
Rofl, bye-bye chum's ridiculous kill count.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor