Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creature AI

Information on the latest Server Patches
Joueur Moyen

Re: Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creatur

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Faust wrote:That is how it works with the original swing timer.

All OSI timers run on variables of 0.25s(ticks).
What I meant is I thought there might be an extra tick during the damage delay, but after testing it again this morning, I don't see a problem.

I timed 20 arrows, 50 arrows, and 25 bolts this morning with a 100 dex char.

About 5.25 sec per bolt and a little more than 4 sec per arrow firing rate. That was just standing there firing at another char from a short distance away.

I'm going to play around with it later, but it seems fine to me. What I remember being era-accurate is archers complaining about being nerfed, lol.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Derrick wrote:You should not be able to be a co-owner of more than one house.
Not including auto co-owner, correct?

In other words, if Char1 owns a house on an account, and the other chars on that account do not own houses, then they are all automatically co-owners to Char1's house. But each of those other chars can be co-owner to one different house.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

For now, it works as it works, I'll have to let you experiment. I don't know what the future holds for co-owners at this point, as they still don't meet the full measure of any accuracy standard.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Derrick wrote:For now, it works as it works, I'll have to let you experiment. I don't know what the future holds for co-owners at this point, as they still don't meet the full measure of any accuracy standard.
I meant how I think it should work if co-owners are implemented correctly. I like the buggy co-owners we have here, but I've already started removing locked down exterior key rings and friending instead of co-owning. (I want to be ready for that patch!)

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Excellent patch. The mechanics are a huge improvement in terms of fun factor as well as accuracy. It feels less FPS-like and more like an RPG. Use more spells, less weapon is the key for mage pvp now. I am so glad to see the hally/weapon cycle is finally fixed!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Psilo wrote:Excellent patch. The mechanics are a huge improvement in terms of fun factor as well as accuracy. It feels less FPS-like and more like an RPG. Use more spells, less weapon is the key for mage pvp now. I am so glad to see the hally/weapon cycle is finally fixed!
I don't get how you mean, you can use the same wrestle timer exploit just as much, if not more than before? The difference being you don't have to stand still for your timer to continue
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

nightshark wrote:
Psilo wrote:Excellent patch. The mechanics are a huge improvement in terms of fun factor as well as accuracy. It feels less FPS-like and more like an RPG. Use more spells, less weapon is the key for mage pvp now. I am so glad to see the hally/weapon cycle is finally fixed!
I don't get how you mean, you can use the same wrestle timer exploit just as much, if not more than before? The difference being you don't have to stand still for your timer to continue
It's not as fast and spamming attempting to spam a weapon now isn't even a good strategy since it's harder to waste anyones hit.

What happens is the guy who casts offensive spells wins while the hally spammer looks like an idiot because he hasn't learned spamming is not a viable tactics.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hally refreshes/cycling is definitely longer than it once was in the last system.

Also, swings held in a holding state in the last system unlike with this new swing timer.

This means it's possible a refresh can simply be wasted instead of holding forever until you use it.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

After a little time and observation, I can share some vague "anomalies" I have perceived:

Without even trying to "double-hit", I seem to be seeing a lot of these, with melee weapons; I've also seen double-shots come out of Xbows (which, lol, is pretty obvious with a Heavy on a 25-Dex toon ...). I've also observed "forgotten" shots (the toon should shoot, but doesn't; very obvious with a bow/LXbow on a 75+ stam toon, who hasn't even been moving at all):

With bows, lateral movement on the part of the target seems to generate an inordinate proportion of misses: towards/away target-movement doesn't seem to be a problem, but if the target is moving at a tangent to LoS when the shot goes off, it seems to be "miss, miss, miss, miss"; these misses also seem to never leave the bolt/arrow on the ground.

These observations are from the standpoint of "proper" shooting: the Archer standing entirely still for a full second after the projectile reaches the target; on a related note, it seems to me (IMO) that the impact-delay of the shot takes far too much time, especially when the target is quite close, and moving-in on the Archer (the archer shouldn't be waiting 1.5+ seconds after the arrow has already arrived, to hear the hit, and see the damage; this just seems wrong to me; the delay doesn't seem to factor in the distance to the target).

Otherwise, I can see the effects of the damage mods!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

xantier

Post by xantier »

What about entering alignment guilds ? If i have 0 kills and short kills but permared, can i enter a guild with alignment ? or can i enter thieves' guild ?
Image Image

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

IIRC, you should be able to join an alignment guild even with counts. It would kick you the next time you take a count.

Faust

Post by Faust »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote: the delay doesn't seem to factor in the distance to the target).
That is because it doesn't and shouldn't.

The delay is the same rather your opponent is one tile away or several.

Also, the delay has a value of 4 ticks(1 second) that doesn't register until the following tick after. So the delay is theoretically 1.25 seconds long in reality once the animation starts, not 1.5s.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Awesome show great job!

Tondaman

Post by Tondaman »

Mad Max wrote:Awesome show great job!
agreed

Everlynn

Post by Everlynn »

Hate to say it but good patch derrick. As this Hally implementation and double Hally will be frustrating to some folks this is actually truly the way it was in the dueling pits of OSI for this era.

One question on the perma red thing. What about the people who were already red are they grandfathered and will they be able to go blue assuming they don't kill anyone else?