UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creatur

Post by yossarian »

pingpong counters all started at zero

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Derrick wrote:
Joueur Moyen wrote:I don't know if I agree with getting partial logs. I don't remember it being that way.
I did a lot of lumberjacking in the day, and don't have a recollection either way. We will look into this more; the result of removing the last partial gather would mean discarding the remaining logs in the tree if less than 10. What we have done with gathering is at least a step closer to what is correct but will require some more looking to be sure it's final.
I'm convinced that partial logs is wrong. For one thing, I did enough chopping back in the day to remember that it was 10 logs on a successful chop. For another, when people would macro lumberjacking and drop the logs to the ground, it was in multiples of 10.

Also, I've been playing with UODemo+ this morning to test archery, and I have a lumberjack/bowcrafter on one computer while the archer snoops Avatar for dex on the other computer. So far the lumberjack has yet to get anything but 10 logs on success, and he's had plenty of failures.

What I'm pretty sure used to happen is a full 10 logs was lost. (Not necessarily with every failure, but at least on the last failure that used up the wood.)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Joueur Moyen wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Joueur Moyen wrote:I don't know if I agree with getting partial logs. I don't remember it being that way.
I did a lot of lumberjacking in the day, and don't have a recollection either way. We will look into this more; the result of removing the last partial gather would mean discarding the remaining logs in the tree if less than 10. What we have done with gathering is at least a step closer to what is correct but will require some more looking to be sure it's final.
I'm convinced that partial logs is wrong. For one thing, I did enough chopping back in the day to remember that it was 10 logs on a successful chop. For another, when people would macro lumberjacking and drop the logs to the ground, it was in multiples of 10.

Also, I've been playing with UODemo+ this morning to test archery, and I have a lumberjack/bowcrafter on one computer while the archer snoops Avatar for dex on the other computer. So far the lumberjack has yet to get anything but 10 logs on success, and he's had plenty of failures.

What I'm pretty sure used to happen is a full 10 logs was lost. (Not necessarily with every failure, but at least on the last failure that used up the wood.)
Thanks for checking this against demo. This will certainly be looked at and addressed. It was convenient time-wise for this patch to apply the partial gather that was applied to mining to all resource harvesting, but I agree that I never recall getting less than 10 logs lumberjacking myself. This patch feature was a last minute change and effectively does increase the amount that can be harvested from a tree, only by the amount of the last partial gather.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."