Patch 135 - UO Tutorial Server, Swing Advance/Movement, more

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 135 - UO Tutorial Server, Swing Advance/Movement, more

Post by Derrick »

Some of these changes have been live for a little while, but these are all the changes since Patch 134

Changes prior to this morning:
  • Hue for stat loss message set to blue when not in stat, was previously grey when not eligible for stat loss.
  • Lumberjacking trees will always yield ten logs if successful.
  • Fixed typo in "Arr! Do that again and I'll throw ye overboard!" message: Thanks Atraxi
  • You can no longer Recall from copies of boat keys. [Thanks Darkwing]
  • Stat and Skill correction for Blade Spirts and Energy Vortexes [Thanks Generic Player and others]
  • Some changes to overall monster loot, but especially a correction to elementals. [Thanks Faust and others]
  • Added Test Center to server list
Changes effective this morning:
  • Added UO Tutorial Shard to server list:
    • This is the culmination of many many months of work, and hundreds of man-hours; primarily by Batlin who single handedly has unlocked many of OSI's darkest secrets.
      The man wears a wizard hat in real life; and it's been my honor to have been able to work with him.
    • The tutorial may be up and down for a couple days while we work out some bugs.
    • This OSI Demo based tutorial is a tribute the the original OSI T2A demo.
      The quest itself is mechanically accurate to the Demo included on the T2A retail cd.
    • The shard that it runs on is separate from UOSA, yet the shard mechanics are the same as UOSA. As such, many of the actual shard mechanics do not reflect the original T2A Demo timeframe.
    • With the exception of Ocllo bank, the decoration of Ocllo is identical to the UO Demo.
    • The Tutorial Server launches each new player in his own world to explore.
      There is not at this time any way to interact with other players.
    • This Tutorial server will not likely be staffed. If you need help with the quest, just say "help" to the wisp.
    • If you wish to explore without completing the quest, you can say "dismiss"
    • If you want to start over, you can just delete the "Avatar" from the character selection screen to reset the world.
  • You can remove the name on a runebook by setting it to "none" (like guild titles): Thanks Sandro
  • Removed movement restriction on weapon swing advance.
    • While we know that weapon swings did not advance on movement at some point during T2A or UO:R due to the explicit UO:R era patch note indicating the removal of this constraint, we do not know when this mechanic was introduced. We do know that it did not exist in Pre-T2A. We have therefore removed the mechanic from UOSA, pending any other information on the subject.
  • Vendors now respond to "shopkeep", or "shopkeeper": Thanks "a wisp".
  • Tracking now cancels when tracker dies.
  • Fatigue on Movement now applies to all mobiles; Not just Players
  • Cobblers no longer sell colored sandals: This was confirmed via OSI information. Thanks Mens Rea.
  • Thieves will no longer reveal themselves as perma-grey if they attack themselves.
  • Time between shard restart warnings increased to 4.9 mins from 4.0 mins.
  • Font and text hue change for save message. [Thanks Sinatra]
Additions on Sept 6:
  • A problem with the core timer, introduced long ago was corrected. This was causing time to pass about 12% slower than it should have in game, and was effecting everything including but not limited to: spell cast times, weapon swings, bandaging, criminal timers, house decay, stamina loss, etc.
  • Disguise kits will no longer wear off while the player is logged out, or when the shard restarts.
  • Walruses can now swim.
  • Any creatures which cannot move, including corpsers and reapers will show (frozen) in their name.
Additions on Sept 10:
  • Camping log-out with Bedroll now uses era style question menu [Thanks pm_lamont & Kaivan]
  • Changes to the follow command should make it more reliable
  • Adjusted Evil Mage and Evil Mage Lord clothing and skills/Stats/AR [Thanks Reena Dae]
  • A bug in the swing timer causing double-hits has been fixed.
  • Air elemental transparent hue re-applied: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 95#p198095
  • Ice Fiend Ice Aura damage added: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 91#p198091
  • Optimizations have been made to saves which may result in less "hang-time" after a world save has completed.
  • Some Inaccuracies from screenshots fixed: [Thanks Marmalade]
    • Fixed corpse name on frost troll
    • Changed overloaded message for players
    • Corrected second target Provocation prompt message
  • Predator HellCat and Lava Lizard Str increased [Thanks Mikel]
  • Hue corrections for Some NPC clothing, indluding Weavers and Jewelers shoes. We'll be making more comprehensive corrections to all NPC equipment soon. [Thanks roguan]
  • Movement restriction for Swing Advance re-implemented. The removal of this, coupled with other fixes including the timer fix yesterday has indicated that the removal of this mechanic was in error.
Sept 13:
  • White Wyrms will fly again, was broken when the follow command was improved last week. (Thanks Blaze)
  • Fixes issue with fishing in which fishing failure caused MiB deletion. [Thanks drunk elf & Zean]
  • Co-Owners will be able to secure items in a house, but not unsecure them.[Thanks Lucien]
  • Alchemist, Jeweler and Weaver dress and equipment corrected, the rest of the NPC's will follow soon. [Thanks roguan, Kaivan and Batlin]
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 135 -

Post by Roser »

Nice.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

thats awesome, thanks derrick

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

This is HUGE!!!

Haven't been on the tutorial yet, but I bet it'll be the detonator for UOSA to get over the 1k players online in the near future.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Faust

Post by Faust »

Great stuff and we can all thank Batlin for his tremendous work with everything over the last year and a half.

Derrick wrote:Removed movement restriction on weapon swing advance
Wonder if all the griping in the last few weeks was removed along with it.

Dexers will be a lot better now regardless.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Derrick wrote: Removed movement restriction on weapon swing advance.

While we know that weapon swings did not advance on movement at some point during T2A or UO:R due to the explicit UO:R era patch note indicating the removal of this constraint, we do not know when this mechanic was introduced. We do know that it did not exist in Pre-T2A. We have therefore removed the mechanic from UOSA, pending any other information on the subject.
so weapons refresh without having to stand still? sorry if it's a painfully obvious question
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Wow nothing about the double hit eh?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Double is in to stay.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Excellent patch! I'm gonna go check out the earth eles loot!
Wow nothing about the double hit eh?
Double hit is mainly an issue against dexers, I hope it is changed soon...but you're not talking about mage double hit? If a mage pulls a double hit on me I will give them props and say "nice". It's not that easy vs a mage who knows how to stop it.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Downs wrote: so weapons refresh without having to stand still? sorry if it's a painfully obvious question
swing timer has refreshed while moving since the last big patch that introduced the new timing system. i'm not sure what this patch has done, but i think its referring to weapons being able to swing on the move? (i think)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

marmalade wrote:
Downs wrote: so weapons refresh without having to stand still? sorry if it's a painfully obvious question
swing timer has refreshed while moving since the last big patch that introduced the new timing system. i'm not sure what this patch has done, but i think its referring to weapons being able to swing on the move? (i think)
removed the need to stand still for 0.25s to move to the next swing state

so before, your swing timer would count to 0, but if you equipped without stopping for .25s your swing was not yet ready and you waited out the full hally timer. dexers also had to stop for .25s before their swing was ready. not anymore. dexer double hits are now even more random though i heard thats been worked on, may be a rumour.
Last edited by nightshark on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

yea thts what i thought.

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 135 - UO Tutorial Server, Swing Advance/Movement,

Post by Halogen »

Any simple way in Razor or ingame to change the save messages hue back to something more easily differentiated?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Halogen wrote:Any simple way in Razor or ingame to change the save messages hue back to something more easily differentiated?
I think system message hue override may work.

Oops, thinking of wrong override. Nvm
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Couple items this morning, doesn't really justify a full blown patch note though:
  • A problem with the core timer, introduced long ago was corrected. This was causing time to pass about 12% slower than it should have in game, and was effecting everything including but not limited to: spell cast times, weapon swings, bandaging, criminal timers, house decay, stamina loss, etc.
  • Disguise kits will no longer wear off while the player is logged out, or when the shard restarts.
  • Walruses can now swim.
  • Any creatures which cannot move, including corpsers and reapers will show (frozen) in their name.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."