Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creature AI

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creature AI

Post by Derrick »

• Combat changes:
    • This is the implementation of the OSI style combat timer for melee weapons and archery.
      • It's beyond the scope of a patch note (if possible at all) to individually identify the differences between this system and what we had previously as this is a complete rewrite.
      • There is a summary here of where this system came from.
    • Removal of attack and tab throttles
    • The effect of durability on weapon damage output is now as per OSI, and is substantially increased for weapons in full repair.
    • Ranged weapons will lose effective distance (range) as they become worn
    Spellcasting:
    • Spell Recast Delay corrected, has been running a tick too long since the core timer patch.
    • Player will receive a message on a targeting while equipped fizzle.
    • No disturb on Equip/Use item.
    Pet & AI Changes:
    • Combat during Come, Stay or Follow should drop the command in most circumstances.
    • Tamed or fighting creatures will never return to "home".
    • Reduces NPC attack frequency
    Other changes:
    • Resources are now depleted on harvest failure of Mining, Lumberjacking, and Fishing
    • Mining veins should now be more in line in with OSI, giving partial ores at the end depending on the vein, and on the failures.
    • You cannot co-own a player to a house if they own a house.
    • Action delay is now properly applied to opening doors.
I recognize that not everything that was hoped for in this patch made it in. The issues surrounding houses, especially the inaccuracy surrounding co-owners and locked down stacks persist for now. There may also be some lingering issues with pets that will need to be addressed soon. There are also issues related to weapon, clothing and armor durability that need looked at, as durability loss on UOSA is still not currently in line with the way it operated on OSI. As always though, please use the discussion or suggestions forum for issues that are not directly linked to this patch.

Added August 3:
  • Co-owners who own other houses will be treated as friends.
  • Fixes the line of sight check for melee combat.
  • Non-aggressive pets should no longer respond to aggressive creatures attacking them through walls. (As before this patch)
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes who began hitting extremely slow have been fixed.
  • Blade Spirits and EV's will now acquire correctly, you need to place them very close to monsters/creatures for them to hit.
  • It will be possible to Item ID, Taste ID and Arms Lore items on NPC Vendors
Added August 4:
  • Pema red has been implemented. (thread)
    • Perma-Red was introduced on OSI along with Long Term counts in March 1999 (patch)
    • The function is the same as on OSI in era, described below:
      • Another new counter we term "pingpong" will be added.
      • This counter increases each time you go red.
      • If this counter reaches five, you will be permanently red (meaning, you will be attackable. You will not suffer stat loss unless your murder count is also high).
      • This counter does not decay.
  • Energy Vortexes and Blade Spirits were discovered to be relatively blind when following their victim and lost him after a few steps, this has been corrected. (Thanks Darkwing)
  • Invulnerable NPC's will not longer be attackable, or fight back when aggressed (Thanks Darkwing)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 133 - Aug 2, 2010 - Combat , Spellcasting, Creatur

Post by Mens Rea »

Thanks for finally flopping it out Derrick!

It's a big one!!!

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

You cannot co-own a player to a house if they own a house.
What about chars on the same account, do they still get "auto co-own" status even if they own a house?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

ty very much derrick.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

yossarian wrote:What about chars on the same account, do they still get "auto co-own" status even if they own a house?
Yes.
Mens Rea wrote:Thanks for finally flopping it out Derrick!
marmalade wrote:ty very much derrick.
Glad to finally get it out. It's been a long road.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

I don't know if I agree with getting partial logs. I don't remember it being that way.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Joueur Moyen wrote:I don't know if I agree with getting partial logs. I don't remember it being that way.
+1

I remember diferent size ores, but not logs.

Were all co-owners downgraded to friends, or just dropped completely (or grandfathered :P )?

This patch means that thief barriers just became a nightmare!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Joueur Moyen wrote:I don't know if I agree with getting partial logs. I don't remember it being that way.
I did a lot of lumberjacking in the day, and don't have a recollection either way. We will look into this more; the result of removing the last partial gather would mean discarding the remaining logs in the tree if less than 10. What we have done with gathering is at least a step closer to what is correct but will require some more looking to be sure it's final.
Pirul wrote:Were all co-owners downgraded to friends, or just dropped completely (or grandfathered :P )?
The change to cowners was the most I was able to do at the time. We'll be evaluating other options in the future. Currently this only applies to adding new cowners.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

As always, thanx for the response.

Great patch all around.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

New players will have no problem because they will not own houses, so they can still be co-owned to any house, AFAIK.

othello

Post by othello »

I definitely do not remember 'partial logs.' I also remember more often than not getting 10 logs on the last harvest of each tree, so each tree must have a number of logs in it that is a multiple of 10

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

othello wrote:I definitely do not remember 'partial logs.' I also remember more often than not getting 10 logs on the last harvest of each tree, so each tree must have a number of logs in it that is a multiple of 10
By "partial logs" it was meant between 1 and 9 on the last harvest, not half a log. Are you saying you remember getting less than 10 on the last chop?

lotus39

Post by lotus39 »

The whole archery deal with needing to stay still until the arrows hits is kind of odd.

I run stop shoot and have to sit there until it actually does damage.
Last edited by Derrick on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of OP

Faust

Post by Faust »

lotus39 wrote: The whole archery deal with needing to stay still until the arrows hits is kind of odd.

I run stop shoot and have to sit there until it actually does damage.
The 'plant and shoot' and 'damage' delays both required no movement in order to finish the sequence.

This was a part of the original swing timer code and verified.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Im gonna go ahead and Dub this day August 2nd UOSA Combat Day!

Yayaya congratz happy UOSA Combat day!!