Patch 136: Taming, Barding, Forges, Resources and Fruittrees

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 136: Taming, Barding, Forges, Resources and Fruitt

Post by Derrick »

Feldeath wrote:The reason I ask is because I tried to transfer a frenzied ostard to someone with 60 taming and 90 lore today and it would not work.
The recipient needs to be able to command the creature, and the successful transfer is only when both checks succeed, so lower reciepient skill could require more attempts.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Feldeath

Post by Feldeath »

Derrick wrote:
Feldeath wrote:The reason I ask is because I tried to transfer a frenzied ostard to someone with 60 taming and 90 lore today and it would not work.
The recipient needs to be able to command the creature, and the successful transfer is only when both checks succeed, so lower reciepient skill could require more attempts.
Ok. I tried to transfer it to him about 20 times with no success so I just figured he needed more than his current skill. No more selling frenzied ostards to those without taming I guess :)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

That should be plenty. You may need to carry some food (fruit for them) and feed it after each few failed attempts.

I really wouldn't advise transferring one of them however. I can't see any practical application for it, unless 60/90 is enough to succeed a command too.

Alebrije

Post by Alebrije »

So what happens if you transfered pre-patch a Nighmare to a char with 0 Taming. Now with this patch if he dismounts, will he be able to remount? Will pet obey commands?
Also with the change to Pet Stamina, will the "a follow me" command work? Or will it risk pet to go wild?!?

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

Cool...I think that was me. At Delucia bank, right?
Alebrije wrote:So what happens if you transfered pre-patch a Nighmare to a char with 0 Taming. Now with this patch if he dismounts, will he be able to remount? Will pet obey commands?
Also with the change to Pet Stamina, will the "a follow me" command work? Or will it risk pet to go wild?!?
So far, my two Frenzied Ostards are still mine. About two hours ago, I was able to Claim, feed, and then Stable the one I have in the Trinsic stable. I was also able to temporarily Stable the one I have been riding for the past few days and then Claim it, feed it, and ride it. I am 63+ in Animal Taming and 91+ in Animal Lore. I certainly hope I am not suddenly without my mount later tonight as I doubt I could run fast enough, on foot, to escape the Ophidians and/or Terrathans I have been hunting the past several days. Of course, only time will tell... :?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Alebrije wrote:So what happens if you transfered pre-patch a Nighmare to a char with 0 Taming. Now with this patch if he dismounts, will he be able to remount? Will pet obey commands?
There are no changes other that what was described, these are entirely separate from the ability to transfer an animal.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I've been away for a while,... WOW world-resource system. I am very interested to see how this works out. Do you plan on incorporating Ore, Fish, Lumber, Loot, etc??

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The most noticeable issue with Ore Fish and Lumber is the static amount that each tile yields, it doesn't matter if you are in the middle of the forest with one tiny outcropping of a mineable tile, or in a mountain cave, the amount of ore available in that location is the same. The resource system should help resolve this issue.

Loot and spawning is a more difficult issue, but this system should open up a lot more possibilities. OSI defined 101 different resource attributes that items and/or places could have. From the obvious ones like ore and lumber, to very specific such as coastline, and scarecrow. Discussion on this is probably out of the scope of the patch notes thread, but I find it pretty fascinating.

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

Derrick wrote: Discussion on this is probably out of the scope of the patch notes thread, but I find it pretty fascinating.
If you haven't read the whole post Derrick is referring to, it's a must read, and makes me salivate to witness it's implementation, but it never happened. I mean, how cool would it be to come across a random NPC and him asking you to get him some metal or diamonds or ask you to go kill another NPC because they both "desire" another Female NPC? The "needs" and "desires" ideas are absolutely fascinating.

Or how about a dragon needing to eat, so it wonders out of its cave to find large "chunks" of rabbits or humans? A great, great read.

Lord Blaze

Post by Lord Blaze »

Feldeath wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Ok. I tried to transfer it to him about 20 times with no success so I just figured he needed more than his current skill. No more selling frenzied ostards to those without taming I guess :)
You can release the creature and have who you sold it to tame it. They don't need any taming to retame it. For example we at the llama shop are able to still sell nightmares we just release them and have our customers retame them. Ez pz.