Patch 62 - Sept 30 2008: Stamina, Combat, Long term counts

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 62 - Sept 30 2008: Stamina, Combat, Long term counts

Post by Derrick »

These are the preannounced changes from The Next Patch Info thread. The following changes will be live on next shard restart.
  • Archery will have a one second delayed damage
  • Mounts will lose stamina while running, you will receive a warning when their stamina is low
  • Mounts will not be able to move if out of stamina, you may feed a mount like any pet to restore stamina.
  • Players will lose stamina when running
  • Players will be able to walk at one stamina, but will not be able to run until 5% stamina
  • You will lose stamina fast if you try to run when slightly overloaded, you may still walk when slightly overloaded.
  • The cool-down timer between weapon swings will no longer advance while you are moving.
  • Spell recast delay of 0.5 secs, down from 0.75 and applied to interrupted and fizzled spells
  • "You have not yet recovered from casting a spell." message removed.
  • Spell animation timings corrected
  • Explosion Spell delay down to 2.0 seconds from 2.5 seconds
  • Summon and Unsummon animations for creatures
  • Variable Weapon swing animation based on stamina
  • Archery timer restarts on equip if your swing is not ready.
  • Can resurrect in houses
  • NPC Healers cannot resurrect in houses
  • Cap of 5000 gold posting bounties
  • Long Term Murder counts enabled. Long term counts do not count towards stat loss and only cause you to be red, they will decay per 40 hours of game play.
  • Upward adjustment to magic items in high end monster loot.
  • There will be a (very) short prep time when equipping a weapon
These other small modifications are new news:
  • The bounty system is temporarily modified while implications of the change in the murder system are examined. Bounties can still be placed. Bounties will only be collectible from the heads of murderers that were killed in stat loss.
  • Tournaments: "Info" keyword for players to see tourney participants during the signup process
  • Tournaments: No add button when not a team tourney
  • Karma award for giving NPC's gold
  • Correction to crafting timings and effects, that extends most crafting times and adds a sound for tinkering.
  • Energy Vortex now hits with harm and curse
  • Players who fail stealing because of thief guild suspension will not be flagged perma-grey
Other recent fixes already live:
  • Bug fix to protection spell, couldn't recast if fizzled or interrupted
  • Damage correction for FireBall
  • All players within a house when it's demolished will be moved to house center
  • Removed White from Special Hair Dye
  • Magic Staff added to lich and lichlord
For intense discussion of the first group of changes, see the following threads in no particular order:
Subject: Our Vision, The Lost Patch Notes, and Upcoming changes.
Subject: [Poll] Should Longterm Counts be Added?
Subject: Stamina Loss and Swing TImer
Subject: The Next Patch Info
Subject: Resurrecting in houses.

Murugan

Re: Patch 62 - September 30 2008

Post by Murugan »

Great job! I was thinking that the long term counts was going to be added from this point ON. . . . Meaning our characters were granfathered in to the destruction we done in the past . . . Oh well :-(

~Divinar
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Murugan wrote:Great job! I was thinking that the long term counts was going to be added from this point ON. . . . Meaning our characters were granfathered in to the destruction we done in the past . . . Oh well :-(

~Divinar
Long Term Counts can't really be grandfathered because they should never be allowed to fall below the short term counts.

akeba

Post by akeba »

Playing around on test last night I noticed that my mount never ran out of stam.. I also read this in one of the threads discussing this upcoming patch.. any thoughts?

alatar

Post by alatar »

awesome work derrick
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Gund

Post by Gund »

Can you explain the changes to crafting timing? I set the same tinkering macro I've always had and ended up with about 50 crafting windows open.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Think of crafting like how alchemy works. When you make an item there is a delay with the related craft sound applied.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The delays will have to be extended for some crafting skills. Tinkering has been reverted to the old timer.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

i also ran my horse around for a really long time and couldnt get it to run out of stamina or get the message I eventually gave up. Also curious why the spell delay was reduced to .5 secs instead of .75 the .75 seemed right on the money

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

This is not how weapon delays were, or timers.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

alatar

Post by alatar »

Mirage wrote:This is not how weapon delays were, or timers.
lol..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Faust

Post by Faust »

How were they, sir?

alatar

Post by alatar »

Faust wrote:

How were they, sir?
yes please enlighten us with your infinite wisdom..
#1 PK Guild on T2A

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

hey faust I remember you and I trying to explain this to the dev at novus opiate years and years ago. Can you believe someone has finally done it after all these years someone has actually replicated the real pvp system.

Faust

Post by Faust »

~|~Damaja wrote:hey faust I remember you and I trying to explain this to the dev at novus opiate years and years ago. Can you believe someone has finally done it after all these years someone has actually replicated the real pvp system.
Six years in counting. Beginning at RoJ, Hubris, Blitz, Novus, IPY, ATC, Defiance, and Divinity. I still believe there may be a few missing elements but nothing compared to the code for all those other shards. I gave up two years ago and decided to start scripting again about a week ago. I stumbled upon this shard while doing research.