Patch 64 - Oct 9, 2008

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 64 - Oct 9, 2008

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:I hope this sheds some light as to what I'm trying to say.
Yeas that does clear up the difference. There no difference in the effect of damage output, but strategically in terms of when a swing can be ready when unarmed, which with the latter system means you are wrestle ready after almost every cast.

The significance of the difference here plays very much into why dbl hit is so easy to do as well, without the necessity to hold the wrestle there's nothing to it.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

This insta ressing thing is becoming a HUGE MESS. Not only is it annoying when someone runs up and attacks you in town and gets whacked, but does it over and over and over until there are bodies everywhere and you start getting client crashes. Pls remove this feature as it is NOT ERA ACCURATE. Thanks!
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Or at LEAST, Disable this function after reaching an amount of skill or ONE time an hour or something. I realize this function was added to help the new player, however it is being abused, causing lag issues, and is ANNOYING.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, lil bug there. It's disabled, I'll post the details on how it's supposed to work tommorrow.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Ty Derrick You rock!

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

EDIT: nm found problem. didnt know house had to be public.

also great authentic windows

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

anyway to change the bandage cure timer cause the monsters deadly poison ya and in 5 sec u dead, dexxor have no chance. and i like the daedly poison.! ;[ Oh and what happened to the gate at the bottom of Tera Keep ? and the monster spawn is different now...????
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Redbeard72 wrote:anyway to change the bandage cure timer cause the monsters deadly poison ya and in 5 sec u dead, dexxor have no chance. and i like the daedly poison.! ;[ Oh and what happened to the gate at the bottom of Tera Keep ? and the monster spawn is different now...????
The gate is back. That was taken out in error.

The dungeons are currently under revision for accuracy, some spawns are lighter some are more dense. We've tried not to make many changes to the "hot-spots"

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

Redbeard72 wrote:anyway to change the bandage cure timer cause the monsters deadly poison ya and in 5 sec u dead, dexxor have no chance. and i like the daedly poison.! ;[ Oh and what happened to the gate at the bottom of Tera Keep ? and the monster spawn is different now...????
Was the Timer set to the 18 seconds that this one website had posted? God I hope not. I think this was a major oversight by Origin. Thus why they changed it because it totally handicapped dexxers in all sorts of ways.
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Thank You Derrick, The Thing i liked about that spot is how the Ophidians and teratheins would spawn next to each other and fight.and how overwhelming the spawn is,with the amount of Monsters. Specialy those Avengers that DP you oh my.. hehe Thank you for your hard work..

Best Shard Ever!
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Out of curiousity why is the gate there instead of the brazier that is suppose to teleport you to the star room?

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

Faust wrote:Out of curiousity why is the gate there instead of the brazier that is suppose to teleport you to the star room?
Isnt the starroom aos?.. it used to be to put the heads of champions on a pedestal to summon the harrower.
and if i stomp my face into your fist, thats how i roll.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

No,the star room was always there,it just wasnt really used until AoS.

Watched a few UO wedding in there before AoS though.....

Purge

Post by Purge »

Era accuracy and all but WAS the bandaid timer 18 seconds right before UOR came out? Or beginning/mid t2a?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It was from May 25 1999 to late Feb 2000. Faust posted the applicable patch notes on page one of this thread. UO:R came out in April 2000.