Derrick

Patch 65 - Oct 15, 2008

Post by Derrick »

Changes implemented this morning:
  • No item decay on boats.
  • Vendors return home if they are spoken to outside their shops
  • NPC's and monsters can't use secret doors
  • Chest in Brigand camp fixed, it should be more easily targetable now
  • You will no longer be able to report a murder after recalling from a fight and dying elsewhere.
  • New message for "I must consider my sins" that indicates if you will take stat loss on resurrection.
  • Giant Rats can no longer open doors.
  • Fixed magic clothing and weapons in camp chests. These were losing their magical properties when identified.
  • A lot of the "I" has been taken out of AI for more era accurate behavior.
Changes active previous to today:
  • Unique online IP count now available via the !Status command in the IRC channel
  • Restored Co-Owner buttons to the house menu
  • Monster camps spawning in the world have been doubled
  • Pet Bug with Guarding that was causing pets to attack each other has been fixed
  • You may now only Insta Res 5 times in a 20 minute period and there will be a delay with a duration that increases the more often the feature is used.
  • Fix for pretames attacking negative karma players pets

Faust

Re: Patch 65 - Oct 15, 2008

Post by Faust »

Giant Rats can no longer open doors.
Does this literally "only" mean giant rats, or a reference for all the creatures that shouldn't be opening doors? Ex: rats, slimes, dogs, birds, etc... essentially everything that does not have hands.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dogs and Cats could not open doors previously.

I just went though the creatures and found 7 more creatures including slimes that should not be opening doors.

Thanks.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oh, okay. I knew that giant rats and slimes could open doors, so I presumed that all the others could too.

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

Nice fixes. Thanks Derrick. Also, a special Thanks for No item decay on boats. :)

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

world spawns doubled = inside dungeons as well?

Faust

Post by Faust »

~|~Damaja wrote:world spawns doubled = inside dungeons as well?
Pretty sure that is only for the actual monster camps that spawn. Not the individual monsters themselves all over the world.

Avitar

Post by Avitar »

Derrick wrote:A lot of the "I" has been taken out of AI for more era accurate behavior.
They're still pathfinding.

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

2q's

Derrick did you already fix the doublet layer thing?
And what exactly is a insta res? On healers?
and if i stomp my face into your fist, thats how i roll.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Rollercouli wrote:2q's

Insta-Res is a menu that pop's up when you die offering immediate resurrection at the cost of 10% of your skills and stats. If turned off for everyone that already had a character when it was introduced, since no one in their right mind would use it with an established character.

Rollercouli

Post by Rollercouli »

Derrick wrote:
Rollercouli wrote:2q's

Insta-Res is a menu that pop's up when you die offering immediate resurrection at the cost of 10% of your skills and stats. If turned off for everyone that already had a character when it was introduced, since no one in their right mind would use it with an established character.
Ok and the doublets?
and if i stomp my face into your fist, thats how i roll.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Avitar wrote:They're still pathfinding.
The AI patch did not fully get implemented. Here is what Derrick said in another post regarding an issue with the NPC's AI.
Derrick wrote:Aye. The new AI inadvertantly got added this morning. It wasn't quite release ready, but we backed out a couple of the changes and did a restart this morning around 9:30am to fix it. Patch notes will be up soon.
There are still a few things that have not been put in and pathfinding is one of them. The pathfinding will be fixed along with many other AI features that did not get put in with this patch. There was a lot of it that did make it in though, so a patch note did have to be declared for what was put in place to notify the public of the changes.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Glad to hear that. I was farming a few LLs yesterday and those things seemed even smarter! They were insta dispelling my EVs, chain paralyzing me, and teleporting all up in my grill.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Instant to "semi" instant dispelling is a correct function previously it wasn't. Teleporting will be corrected along with the pathfinding real soon. The problem with the pathfinding is the algorithm involved with it. It is seeking an extra tile that it shouldn't be to manouver around obstacles when blocked. I am not positive if they are doing combos or not. Derrick would have to verify this. They should be selecting a random array of spells every few seconds. I "think" this is how it is working but I can't be hundred percent positive on it.

Faust

Post by Faust »

What is the problem with Cartography? Derrick is probably aware of it I am sure.