Patch 140 - Jan 19-26: RunUO 2.1 + misc item mechanics.

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 140 - Jan 19-26: RunUO 2.1 + misc item mechanics.

Post by Derrick »

Loathed wrote:this may shed a lil' light on de-syncs. If you have a client running a looping macro that calls on item use or movement, u will need to completely close out and open a new client else you'll get insane amounts of de-syncs along with robotic movement, from what i can tell tho it only affects the client that is looping the macro, not others.
Aye, this is a long time raror bug long mistaken for desynch; I honestly don't have any idea the cause, beyond knowing how to trigger it. This is sometimes mistaken for, or reported as desynch but this is not something we can fix.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ardos wrote:Derrick, so every item blessed before this date regardless of weather it was blessed with a clothing bless deed from Christmas or silver is unbreakable? Also is there any way to determine between old blessed clothing and blessed clothing after today so you know if the item your buying is in fact breakable or not?
Derrick wrote:the allowance for existing blessed clothing is granted only due to specific statements by me in the past that these items will not break.
This is the only reason for this grandfathering, as such there is no reason to indicate which items will break and which will not. It is only intended that those who reasonably expect their own items not to break due to my prior statements be satified in this regard.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Great patch.

I was hoping to see the reactive armor changes as well!

Oh well maybe next patch
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Derrick, during the T2A era, if a GM indicated something was as it was supposed to be it was not grandfathered if that changed. You are a GM, I do not see how a response of "because I said" is valid and accurate to the era in which it is the shards goal to emulate. There is a notice everywhere for online games that game experience may change, this applies to nearly every facet; and while you are not a company the game made has the implication that it can change, so why not let it change?

Example: I paged a GM for assistance and a black and gold robe figure appeared shortly thereafter. I asked him if I my coal could be stolen because of it's weight. He indicated that it could not, yet a year or so later the weight was adjustable and it was stealable and not grandfathered.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Glad to see the desync has been worked on, it's a huge problem.

Gonna test now!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

noxmonk wrote:so why not let it change?
This question has already been answered above for this purpose of this patch. There are other discussions in more appropriate forums in which debate on this continues.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Derrick wrote:
Ardos wrote:Derrick, so every item blessed before this date regardless of weather it was blessed with a clothing bless deed from Christmas or silver is unbreakable? Also is there any way to determine between old blessed clothing and blessed clothing after today so you know if the item your buying is in fact breakable or not?
Derrick wrote:the allowance for existing blessed clothing is granted only due to specific statements by me in the past that these items will not break.
This is the only reason for this grandfathering, as such there is no reason to indicate which items will break and which will not. It is only intended that those who reasonably expect their own items not to break due to my prior statements be satified in this regard.
Sooo if something was blessed prior to today, it's not breakable?

IE. I blessed my leprachaun hat with a CBD from xmas like 2 weeks ago. will this item break?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Downs

Post by Downs »

also, this patch = win
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Downs wrote:Sooo if something was blessed prior to today, it's not breakable?

IE. I blessed my leprachaun hat with a CBD from xmas like 2 weeks ago. will this item break?
Correct
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Dead Rabbit

Post by Dead Rabbit »

The minimum swing speed has been corrected from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. (this is approximate, there is other overhead involved)

So does this mean that it'll take longer to hit someone? It sounds that way to me. 5 seconds to hit someone??

If anyone wants to explain this to me like I'm a child.. that's fine. I'll understand it better that way :)
Derrick wrote:
And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.
Celebrate Rabbits!! http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/carrot.htm
[00:55:46] <MrLotto> I love dolls

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Dead Rabbit wrote:
The minimum swing speed has been corrected from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. (this is approximate, there is other overhead involved)

So does this mean that it'll take longer to hit someone? It sounds that way to me. 5 seconds to hit someone??

If anyone wants to explain this to me like I'm a child.. that's fine. I'll understand it better that way :)
I think "maximum swing rate" would be more clear

Basically before you could have 0 dex and still swing a h-xbow every 5 seconds. This was incorrect.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The weapon speeds, or swing speed to dex (really stamina) calculation has not changed; what changed is the cap, in that prior if your stamina was so low that you would swing at a speed less than once every 5 seconds, your weapon would swing every 5 seconds, 5 seconds was the minimum speed, or the maximum time between swings. That number has been corrected to be 10.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Right on! Thanks for all the hard work Derrick.

Maybe Rooftop Archery in the next patch? :mrgreen: (shooting from z-axis)

Dead Rabbit

Post by Dead Rabbit »

Ahhh.. I get it!

thanks!
Derrick wrote:
And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.
Celebrate Rabbits!! http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/carrot.htm
[00:55:46] <MrLotto> I love dolls

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Derrick wrote:The weapon speeds, or swinfg speed to dex (really stamina) calculation has not changed; what changed is the cap, in that prior if your stamina was so low that you would swing at a speed less than once every 5 seconds, your weapon would swing every 5 seconds, 5 seconds was the minimum speed, or the maximum time between swings. That number has been corrected to be 10.
bye bye retarded archer templates ;)