Patch 68 - Oct. 31, 2008:Halloween, Parry, NPC Vendors, more

Information on the latest Server Patches
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 68 - Oct. 31, 2008:Halloween, Parry, NPC Vendors, more

Post by Hoots »

Hemperor wrote:I certainly had to do some macroing of magery on my scribe to keep it up and in the end it only ended up at about 90.
I can confirm what Kharza is saying about scribing.

I added it to my mule (started 50 smith, 49 magery)

Copy books from 0-48ish (free, no need to even buy to 30)
48-50 scibe recalls (it was less than 50 attempts)
50-85 - scribe EB or reveal
85-92ish scribe FS
res to gm.

2-3 days of afk macroing if you have supplies..

I have one exception. Since i was only 49 magery when i started i couldnt scribe 6ths until magery 52 skill (i think) so i had to cast about 100 or so lightnings to get my magery up.

Except for that, my magery went from 49 to 96.1 when i hit gm scribe.... FOR FREE

Now that is all good and fine but agree with Kharza that it was NEVVVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRR, never, ever, ever ever ever ever even close to that on OSI.

Think about it... Why would anyone cast instead of scribing? You need about 20k to get a scribe going and by the time you hit the 80's your making money. ITS FREE MAGERY GAINS!!!

Every character would scribe to GM at the start of character creation on any char who needs magery..

96.1 Magery, 100 Med and prob 100 EI if you work it into your scribe macro Plus 50k or so in the bank, then who cares if you let your scribing lower... You made money getting your magery to the mid 90'S...

When Kharza and I played OSI he was always the scribe as i was the alchem... So im thinking he would of remembered insane magery gains from scribing...

I need to get magery on my tamer... guess what, he is copying books right now to start scribing... Doesnt that seem backwards?

edit... for people worried about resist you could take the 50k profit from scribing and buy regs to cast resist on self...

Either way you could be looking at a 95+ mager, 90+ reisist, 100 scribe, 100 Med, 100 EI char in a coupld of days and be out exactly ZERO gold....

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Redbeard72 wrote:Derrick thank you for all those updates. my only thing is i have noticed when i have a spell up and someone dies my precasted targeting cursor goes away.i have not played with it but me and a friend noticed it tonight that our cursors where disapearing i wasnt sure if it was when his bow hit i lose it ?????? or when the npc died ? is this suposed to be that way i dont ever rememeber that till osi got crappy.. they did this on div and i hate it very annoying.. i provoke 2 monsters they both are almost dead i precast ebolt and wait till one dies then b;last the other one now that doesnt work WHY ?
Yeah, I noticed my spell cursor going away sometimes... I think it happened when I drank a potion.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

drinking pots will drop your cursor now
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

alatar

Post by alatar »

BlackFoot wrote:drinking pots will drop your cursor now
thank god..

now what about disabling auto-flag grabbing while holding a cursor..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Picking up an event flag should drop your target just like any other item use. Does it not?

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:Picking up an event flag should drop your target just like any other item use. Does it not?
no it does not. i haven't tested it since the new patch but unless it was changed you can hold gheal and use a macro to double click the flag
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

That was changed with this patch. Any item use/dblclick action (other than doors) will drop your cursor.