Patch 68 - Oct. 31, 2008:Halloween, Parry, NPC Vendors, more

Information on the latest Server Patches
alatar

Re: Patch 68 - Oct. 31, 2008:Halloween, Parry, NPC Vendors, more

Post by alatar »

Kharza wrote:While you are at it.. you realize there is a something seriously fucked up with passive magery gains on inscription right? My scribe went from 0 scribing to gm and got 96.0 magery in the process.. the absolutely comical part about this.. he has NEVER cast a single spell since I created him. Trust me I lived as a scribe on Pacific and there is no way you got this much passive magery scribing. It is almost like when you attempt to scribe the spell it is also doing a normal magery check to cast and giving you the gains that way.

So GM scribing.. 96.0 magery and he MADE 50k getting to GM.. that is seriously broke.
lol nice work.. this seems pretty similar to the faction bug with buying low & selling high based on town control..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

platy

Post by platy »

i guess im still confused on this, is this 5 limit just in for the duration it takes to fix vendor prices or is the 5 limit in forever even after the fix?

blazfemus

Post by blazfemus »

Well, i know its a little late in the thread, but for you who complain about the 5 items sold, thats how it was. I can remember selling 5 fancy shirts at a time to make my money, and i think some of you seem to be forgetting that razor wasn't a part of osi, so set a sell agent hot bag and shut up. On the same note, i think the bandage cutting should be turned back to one at a time, thats how it was.

Sorry if you don't like the way T2A was, and if its that big of a problem, go play a trammel shard where you'll be happy.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

blazfemus wrote:Well, i know its a little late in the thread, but for you who complain about the 5 items sold, thats how it was. I can remember selling 5 fancy shirts at a time to make my money, and i think some of you seem to be forgetting that razor wasn't a part of osi, so set a sell agent hot bag and shut up. On the same note, i think the bandage cutting should be turned back to one at a time, thats how it was.

Sorry if you don't like the way T2A was, and if its that big of a problem, go play a trammel shard where you'll be happy.

:roll:

Deja vu

Post by Deja vu »

was there a chenge to tracking, I seem to not track as far today as I was last week...

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I certainly had to do some macroing of magery on my scribe to keep it up and in the end it only ended up at about 90.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Deja vu wrote:was there a chenge to tracking, I seem to not track as far today as I was last week...
There's been no change to tracking.

As far as the passive magery gains for scribing, when you inscribe there is a check on you magery and incriptions, you can gain skill, and also fail to inscribe as a result of both those skill checks.

Kharza

Post by Kharza »

Derrick wrote:
As far as the passive magery gains for scribing, when you inscribe there is a check on you magery and incriptions, you can gain skill, and also fail to inscribe as a result of both those skill checks.
Show me the proof in the patch notes guys but this is totally wrong from every memory I have. The only thing magery does in regards to scribing is make the menu for the spell appear. You can't attempt 8th circle scrolls until you have 80.1 magery. That is the only "check" in the system. No wonder it is gaining magery passively so much. It is almost like you are checking to make the scroll and cast the spell. This is totally wrong.. think about why would I want to cast spells to raise magery when I could scribe my way to 96 and make money in the process. The only reason you would want to cast spells on yourself would be for resist.

I really do appreciate all the hard work on this shard and you have created a wonderful replica of the T2A era, but I think the one thing that isn't even close to the OSI era is the economy. The rate at which I can be totally self sufficent in very little time (only been here 2-3 weeks max) and already I have a alchemist/poisoner in the mid 80s, GM scribe, Bowyer in the 80s, my buddy has a GM miner and will have a GM smithy in the next day or two. Why would I want to buy a damn thing off any player run vendor? Besides magic weapons there is no market for much else. Sure we might be the exception rather than the rule.. but I can just feel that somewhere the economy on this shard is just broke. PvP was one thing that kept me playing UO, but the economy was where I had the most fun. Just look at it.. the market demand is for raw ore and boards right now and that is for player run towns... Show me the demand for finished goods? There isn't much.. outside of new players needing scrolls and spellbooks forget about it. The only market people have is new players until they realize how easy it is to macro up their own crafters.

I'll start tracking specifics, but my gut tells me that this isn't the UO economy I remember.

Khar

platy

Post by platy »

Kharza with a 3 account limit i agree, the economy isn't like OSI..
BUT no freeshard has even come close to duplicating OSI's economy, and i doubt it will ever happen. People are smarter these days then they were on OSI and powergaming has taken over the mmorpg world, so ppl rely less on vendors and more on themselves- i think it's just a part of playing freeshards.

Vandaen

Post by Vandaen »

There is no where near the amount of players on t2a shard as there were back in the day on OSI. It should be obvious that the mix of allowing multiple accounts, allowing unattended macroing, and a lack of an enormous player base will never replicate the type of economy that the game had back in 99, era accuracy aside.

This isn't to say I disagree with the macroing/multi-boxing (if u wish to call it that). Personally, I believe those will ultimately help the economy, and definately help out new players as it has for me. Sure, everyone can do what they need for themselves, but then there isn't the number of players available to create necessities as there was in era times.

And if you doubt my logic, just think of all the room there is for houses to be placed on this shard compared to OSI's shards back in the day. Almost EVERY shard (how many were there, 15-30? more?) was full up on housing space, it's one of the reasons Trammel itself was introduced.

Population dictates the economy more than any of the factors in the game. The more people out there making money, the more money there is to be thrown around. Simple.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kharza wrote:The rate at which I can be totally self sufficent in very little time (only been here 2-3 weeks max) and already I have a alchemist/poisoner in the mid 80s, GM scribe, Bowyer in the 80s, my buddy has a GM miner and will have a GM smithy in the next day or two. Why would I want to buy a damn thing off any player run vendor? Besides magic weapons there is no market for much else.
I'd like to post this information in order to try to make the case that this it not at all currently the case on UOSA

This is the up to date list of GM'd skills on second age. and this includes all players, even though who have "retired". It's certainly clear that not everone has their own mules, and the player economy is likely by this chart anyway, extremely in check. For compaison, there are 166 guilds, and only 46 blacksmiths, 14 carpenters, 10 tailors, and 8 fletchers.

Code: Select all

Skill Report									
Name	GMs								
Meditation	1014								
Anatomy	778								
Tactics	623								
Evaluating Intelligence	559								
Swordsmanship	557								
Hiding	535								
Musicianship	508								
Magery	506								
Wrestling	430								
Snooping	346								
Fencing	255								
Mace Fighting	246								
Healing	199								
Provocation	162								
Parrying	155								
Resisting Spells	144								
Mining	126								
Animal Lore	120								
Stealth	117								
Stealing	108								
Herding	92								
Archery	89								
Arms Lore	51								
Fishing	51								
Item Identification	49								
Alchemy	45								
Blacksmithy	42								
Detecting Hidden	33								
Tinkering	26								
Inscription	20								
Tracking	15								
Veterinary	14								
Carpentry	14								
Enticement	13								
Peacemaking	12								
Animal Taming	11								
Spirit Speak	10								
Tailoring	10								
Bowcraft/Fletching	8								
Lumberjacking	7								
Lockpicking	7								
Cartography	7								
Poisoning	7								
Cooking	6								
Remove Trap	4								
Begging	1								
Forensic Evaluation	1								
Taste Identification	0								
Camping	0								
Snapshot taken at 11/2/2008 10:00 PM. All times are Eastern Standard Time.			

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Derrick thank you for all those updates. my only thing is i have noticed when i have a spell up and someone dies my precasted targeting cursor goes away.i have not played with it but me and a friend noticed it tonight that our cursors where disapearing i wasnt sure if it was when his bow hit i lose it ?????? or when the npc died ? is this suposed to be that way i dont ever rememeber that till osi got crappy.. they did this on div and i hate it very annoying.. i provoke 2 monsters they both are almost dead i precast ebolt and wait till one dies then b;last the other one now that doesnt work WHY ?
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

Derrick wrote: [*]Fix for provocation not ever ending, especially against players
[/list]
so does this mean i run off the screen and they stop fighting ??? i dont think that is accurate, so there must be more to it then what i am seeing ??????
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

No, the removal of this a couple patches ago is actually what caused the problem, but it was fixed without reverting back to the provoker having to be present

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

5 items at a time 4tw
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]