Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 68 - Oct. 31, 2008:Halloween, Parry, NPC Vendors, more

Post by Derrick »

Changes in this Morning's Patch:
  • Halloween gifts
  • Trick or Treat system
  • Expanded range for dealing with NPC vendors
  • NPC vendor sales now limited to 5 items at a time. This is era accurate and was required to fix a problem with pricing. You can use the sell agent in razor to sell many items more quickly.
  • Ghosts no longer block house placement
  • Ghosts no longer block spawns and recall spots
  • Spell Target interrupts on item use (doors exempted)
  • You will no longer be poisoned by a poisoning creature if you parry the blow.
Other Changes since past patch announcement:
  • Tournament participants cannot see out of the arenas when fighting
  • Sudden Death mode if tournament match lasts 10 minutes, healing will be disabled.
  • Sheep respawn wool faster
  • Fixes a/an usage for plural item names
  • Increased durability/uses for newbie and exceptional items
  • Untamed Creatures in houses will take a full 20 hours to delete if not targeted
  • Fix for provocation not ever ending, especially against players
  • Corrections to the amount of resources returned from smelting.
  • Items sold from vendors now flagged as store bought and will only return one ingot/cloth when smelted/unraveled
  • Resources returned from smelting now adjusted for remaining durability if applicable
  • Maps sold to vendors are now converted to blank maps
  • Bounty system will work for all killed reds, not just those in stat loss
  • Harmful Debuffs now figure for targets magic resist when calculating duration
  • Missing/broken Quests readded/fixed. These were lost in the server move last week.
  • Animation removed from wands (oops)
  • Wand Reuse delay fixed
  • Level 4 Dungeon Treasure chests trap power fixed (again)

Purge

Re: Patch 68 - Oct. 31, 2008:Halloween, Parry, NPC Vendors, more

Post by Purge »

Derrick wrote:Changes in this Morning's Patch:
  • Corrections to the amount of resources returned from smelting.

More or less? I can't test it atm

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Purge wrote: More or less? I can't test it atm
less for store bought items, more for looted items, same for player crafted items

platy

Post by platy »

wow so is this 5 items per sell permanent?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Yes, it is permanent. The item limit for selling to NPC vendors were 5 per transaction during t2a. It is a pain in the ass, but that was how many things were like back then. It also helps as a small gold sink to reduce gold flow in the economy for those that are too lazy to go through the process. I bet there will be a lot of people complaining if Derrick authenticates bandage creation. Cutting up bandages back then would have to be done one at a time instead of cutting the whole stack up.

I am also assuming Derrick didn't get in gold limits for selling to NPCs just yet since it isn't listed.

platy

Post by platy »

ok
one more q (about selling prices)
are they lowered after selling 10 or still after selling 100?
i guess i'll have to check
EDIT: okay so they start lowering prices after you sell 15.. burned :(

draggle

Post by draggle »

Faust wrote: I bet there will be a lot of people complaining if Derrick authenticates bandage creation. Cutting up bandages back then would have to be done one at a time instead of cutting the whole stack up.
A razor macro would take care of this

Faust

Post by Faust »

Any macro would take care of it. People used macros back then as well to do this. However, you still will have to wait for the object delay for each bandage being cut. It isn't as simple as cut 5000 cloth and you get 5000 bandages. It is a macro with an object delay of roughly 0.5 seconds per bandage. Anyone could imagine how lengthy that would be. I would estimate 5000 cloth would take roughly around 30 minutes to cut up if it was corrected.

Slade

Post by Slade »

draggle wrote:
Faust wrote: I bet there will be a lot of people complaining if Derrick authenticates bandage creation. Cutting up bandages back then would have to be done one at a time instead of cutting the whole stack up.
A razor macro would take care of this
Thankfully, Faust is not in charge.

I've been using the internet for the past 15 years or so. I've made probably hundreds of thousands of posts on many hundreds of forums on any number of topics. I've met some real douchebags in my day, but probably couldn't give you the names of any of them. However, a few weeks ago when I saw the name "Faust" posting on this one, I cringed. I don't remember if it's from the Defiance forums, RunUO forums, or TAR forums, but Faust is a name that I will probably never forget. Elitist prick doesn't even begin to describe it. I have a seething hatred deep within my very soul for this particular internet kiddie (in sad reality, probably well into adulthood). He is alone in this category for me. I've never truly loathed someone as I do him. You can imagine my dismay when his name turned white. I figured it was only a matter of time before he started bringing up crap like this... imposing his will on the rest of us to feed his own desires for perceived power.

With that said, Derrick is an intelligent individual with the best intentions for his server. Common sense on his part will result in a change of this kind not being made in the first place. He has absolutely no reason to change something like this as it has no bearing on the economy or game balance. Era accuracy is one thing, but making things tedious for the sole purpose of making things tedious is probably not on his agenda.

Faust on the other hand... I can just see him cackling away in his under-lit dungeon at the very thought of pissing off an entire population with one tiny change.

I feel so much better now. That's been on my chest for several weeks.

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

T2A accurate is all good and dandy, but implementing that bandage thing... OMG. And the gold limit thing is pretty annoying too. Implementing something that would be that incredibly annoying is dumb.
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

Slade

Post by Slade »

StDrahcir wrote:T2A accurate is all good and dandy, but implementing that bandage thing... OMG. And the gold limit thing is pretty annoying too. Implementing something that would be that incredibly annoying is dumb.

The gold limit affects the economy though, so a good case against that can be made. A case for a limit on bandage making cannot be made by any rational individual.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Slade, I have no idea who you are. I have posted on Defiance and Divinity, but I have never posted on RunUO forums and I have no idea what TAR even is... I have been known as the so called "elitist" in the past if you want to call it that. I simply know my stuff when it comes to t2a development and I don't deny that. If someone got cocky with me I would throw it right back in their face.

I wasn't a staff memeber for Defiance or Divinity. I did help Jacob in the Defiance t2a beta, but once he left Defiance to go develop Divinity I was out of there. However, I am a staff memeber here and I have treated most of the people here with the utmost respect. I am a very popular figure in the t2a development scene and I have seen a number of countless imposters in the last 6 years that portray themselves as me.

It's sad that you dislike me for whatever reason. I have been helping this shard through development for a couple months now. I have handed over some very accurate t2a features. Such as the guildstone menu, house gump, res and insta res menu, monster ai, and so forth. I am working on and hoping to implement future developments such as loot packs, a massive pvm event(s), and many other projects. I would assume that Derrick does not think the same way towards me as you have described. I would like to say that I have helped him tremendously, and would hope that he would say the samething. I also think there are many players here who have enjoyed some of the work that I have done here. I have even got thank you PM's and praise for the level of knowledge that I pertain about the t2a era. I hope you don't always harbor such hate towards me as you described in the future.

Oh, and also... We don't wish to make things "harder" on you or anyone that plays. Our intentions here at UOSA is to re-create the t2a era. There were many nausious and inconvenient features that existed during that era. Many we have implemented and many that we have not. It is not to "spite" you or anyone else for that matter. It is to go by the philosophy of this shard, which is "UOSA is the most accurate t2a shard that currently exists".

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

Sorry but the selling change from 50 to 5 is just ANAL.

It's not even funny. Why tell me to use a macro when you could just fdix it in game.

So damn stupid it's almost laughable. Are you sure you aren't mixing April Fool's day with Halloween?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Derrick wrote:
  • NPC vendor sales now limited to 5 items at a time. This is era accurate and was required to fix a problem with pricing. You can use the sell agent in razor to sell many items more quickly.
Please reread the enlarged part. Clearly in your rush to criticize you missed a crucial part of the note.

Also. Constructive feedback in this forum area is very much encouraged. Personal attacks, and non-constructive feedback are not welcome in this thread

McTavish

Post by McTavish »

Derrick wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Please reread the enlarged part. Clearly in your rush to criticize you missed a crucial part of the note.

Also. Constructive feedback in this forum area is very much encouraged. Personal attacks, and non-constructive feedback are not welcome in this thread
Problem with pricing? What problem? I sell things all the time and I didn't notice any great problem. Now I have to make a macro for every gem, scroll and armour / wep I want to sell?

Sorry but I personally think allot of these things are coming from Faust who is probably some supporter of an alternate shard involved in espionage here.

-My response to Derrick who sent me a PM that I was out of order for posting the above message here.

Sorry Derrick but I don't think it is. I can appreciate accuracy but I cannot appreciate stupidity. Common sense dictates that the number of items sold does not directly affect either the balance or the quality of the server.

When you make a change why don't you apply a common sense approach?

I'd love to know the logic you apply. To be honest it seems to me that if it was in T2A then it doesn't matter how annoying/unbalanced or ridiculous that you'll implement it.

Yes, on bigger balance issues I agree that accuracy is a great asset. However, all I can imagine on the pricing is that some items will lower in value slightly, but the resultant effect on the shard economy is minimal.

If you're being so accurate then you should remove the events and the trophy system because that definitely wasn't in T2A. That has a far greater affect on balance etc than being able to sell a max of 5 items.
Last edited by McTavish on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.