Patch 69 - Nov 6, 2008

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 69 - Nov 6, 2008

Post by Derrick »

• Adjusted the ratio and threshold that NPC vendors use to scale their buy prices.
  • Sheep will respawn their wool slower if there are many nearby (overcrowding)
  • Detect Hidden skill in houses will no longer reveal players outside of houses.
  • In Nox spell initial Poison hit delay corrected
  • Items being bought from vendors will be of the same color and type as the items displayed in the buy menu
  • Stats correction for Horse from T2ADemo (Lowers Dexterity/Stamina)
  • House Roof Tile LOS fix. One or two tiles in the center of the house were incorrectly visible from the ground level.
Nov 8 Addition:
  • All NPC vendor prices have been adjusted to era pricing. This especially effects increased buy and sell prices for Clothing and Armor, but almost no sector was left untouched (house prices were left untouched).

Purge

Re: Patch 69 - Nov 6, 2008

Post by Purge »

Good to see this server constantly improving, I think its safe to say there hasn't been a more dedicated server towards true T2A authenticity

WAR UOSA!

Adjusted the ratio and threshold that NPC vendors use to scale their buy prices.

Increased since the ratio went from 50 to 5? or decreased to prevent harvesting?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Purge wrote:Good to see this server constantly improving, I think its safe to say there hasn't been a more dedicated server towards true T2A authenticity

WAR UOSA!

Adjusted the ratio and threshold that NPC vendors use to scale their buy prices.

Increased since the ratio went from 50 to 5? or decreased to prevent harvesting?
The NPC vendors were starting to reduce their buy prices at a very low quanitity on hand. They will now be interested in stocking more of these items, and will pay better.

Currently working on the complete overhaul of all vendor pricing based on Stratics and Demo buy/sell prices, which line up perfectly on about 95% of the items.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

Derrick wrote: [*]Items being bought from vendors will be of the same color and type as the items displayed in the buy menu
hehe I remember buying a leather cap with a special color and becoming disappointed.
Derrick wrote: [*]Stats correction for Horse from T2ADemo (Lowers Dexterity/Stamina)
Awesome change!

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

Can anyone give an estimate as to how long it takes for your horse to run out of stamina, constantly running from full?

Purge

Post by Purge »

Speaking of color hues... do the tunic and i forget which hat it was... give off thatshoulder/head glow in this era in the paperdoll? :O

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, that's a client issue, some hues do do that.

I've added to the patch notes above to inculde this mornings adjustment to NPC vendor pricing

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Derrick, im assuming changes were made to npc mages as far as their buy price for scrolls this morning.

I dont believe what you have is era accurate.

http://web.archive.org/web/200003250312 ... scribe.htm

this sell chart is as old as time...

I know your are fine tuning and going back and fourth with vendors so im justing posting this as anf FYI if you choose to use it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much Hoots. I hadn't seen this list.

I did have a hard time with scroll prices because the regular stratics list gives (Circle * 10) + 2, while the T2A demo prices varied within circles, but of course the vendors don't have all the scrolls.

Much appreciated, I'll tweak the scroll prices based on this new info.

Thanks!

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

Thank you for your hard work, Derrick.

I must confess that I haven't enjoyed UO this much for 7 years.
Keep up the good work! *Donates*
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

:D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Is it in

Post by Is it in »

Derrick wrote:Thanks much Hoots. I hadn't seen this list.

I did have a hard time with scroll prices because the regular stratics list gives (Circle * 10) + 2, while the T2A demo prices varied within circles, but of course the vendors don't have all the scrolls.

Much appreciated, I'll tweak the scroll prices based on this new info.

Thanks!
You messed it all up and now it's lower than it was before lol.
Characters :: Dirge - bard, iTZ DiRGE - mage, Ezra - dexxer

Return to “Patch Notes”