UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 70 - Nov 15, 2008: Weapon swing change, Crafting, more

Post by malice-tg »

Great patch

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

Derrick wrote:[*]No more passive skill gains for crafting, meditation, or anatomy
What are you referring to? Like the minor magery gain you get from inscription? Or the gains from fighting to anatomy?
Tanque / Chinchilla (crafter) / St Drahcir - (ingame characters)

.:Blondie:.

Post by .:Blondie:. »

Derrick wrote:Previously you would only get a serp when you fished up a bottle or a map, now in addition to those serps, whose frequency are unchanged, you will also pull up serps when you fail at > 80 fishing skill. What's you're seeing is more serps, although I'm actually surprised that you are failing fishing at GM
Oh ok, I knew I was seeing more of those guys. Could I request that GM fishing doesn't fail? ^.^

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

malice-tg wrote:Great patch
Thanks. Some credit for a lot of the research on the swing timers on both this and the previous "big combat patch" should really be dolled out, we've been working on this for in total maybe 6 months now. Countless hours have been spent testing this on test center and hashing it out in forums by many many players and other interested parties. Thanks to everyone who was involved in this.
Special thanks to Damaga, Kavian, Faust, Malice, and BloodyBandage for testing, researching and remembering a lot of the finer details that helped us unlock these mechanics.
StDrahcir wrote:What are you referring to? Like the minor magery gain you get from inscription? Or the gains from fighting to anatomy?
Yes, both.
.:Blondie:. wrote:Oh ok, I knew I was seeing more of those guys. Could I request that GM fishing doesn't fail? ^.^
Yes, that's my suspicion as well, the fail rate may be too high, but I won't make any changes until I can back it up with something. I think I have a decent source on this.

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

Derrick wrote:
StDrahcir wrote:What are you referring to? Like the minor magery gain you get from inscription? Or the gains from fighting to anatomy?
Yes, both.
If there is a magery check to see if you successfully scribe the scroll... then shouldn't there be some magery gain out of it? It seems somewhat illogical to remove it if there is indeed a check. Anatomy I can understand because why in the world would you learn about anatomy from fighting. But scribing a scroll would help you learn casting it because to scribe it you have to know how to do it so they go somewhat hand in hand.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

If there is a magery check to see if you successfully scribe the scroll... then shouldn't there be some magery gain out of it? It seems somewhat illogical to remove it if there is indeed a check. Anatomy I can understand because why in the world would you learn about anatomy from fighting. But scribing a scroll would help you learn casting it because to scribe it you have to know how to do it so they go somewhat hand in hand.
if you think about it, u would learn anatomy from fighting,
as an example when you learn to fight, you learn where is most effective to strike the opponent, you learn where its lethal to hurt a body. so the more you fight, the more you learn about the body and how to hurt the body.
and i might be wrong, but when i played t2a im sure you gained anatomy from fighting, dont know about the magery with inscription.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I was under this same impression, but it was recently discovered this was not the case and presented in another thread :( sry guys

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

Could you give a link to this thread please?
just curious :)

StDrahcir

Post by StDrahcir »

Divvet wrote:if you think about it, u would learn anatomy from fighting,
as an example when you learn to fight, you learn where is most effective to strike the opponent, you learn where its lethal to hurt a body. so the more you fight, the more you learn about the body and how to hurt the body.
and i might be wrong, but when i played t2a im sure you gained anatomy from fighting, dont know about the magery with inscription.
Now that you mention that and I took some time to think about it that makes sense. I do recall also gaining anatomy from fighting as well in UO during T2Aish era.

I just really disagree w/ the no gaining of magery at all from inscription because I seem to recall that is what I did during T2A era to gain magery up to a certain point (can't GM it, but it did help)... this of course is besides the logical stand point that if there is a magery check... you should gain some. With this current setup you have to first get magery up high and then do inscription. Talk about a double whammy.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Here's the thread:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2926

I wouldn't have believed if myself until I saw the patch note. (Server Publish Mar 9 2000 10:52AM CST)

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

StDrahcir wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Yes, both.
The only thing inscription should check magery for, is to see if you have the minimum skill in order to be able to cast the spell circle you are trying to inscribe. It shouldn't be doing a magery skill check to see if you were successful in casting it or not. I don't have a scribe on here, so I don't know how exactly it is implemented, but you shouldn't be able to fail due to magery.
Last edited by Silverfoot on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Swiftiger

Post by Swiftiger »

LOL, uh... thanks? Faust.

"I" didn't need the explanation of how Archery works...

I was only explaining that there was STILL a movement delay, even tho the cooldown continues.
Though, I should have just said it as easily as that a pointed to the same explanation as you rofl, would have been easier.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I know. I was simply clarifying it all up for any future responses involved with it also. The functions I describe explains how archery worked during t2a and how it is on here now.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

Can i just clarify what you guys consider to be the "t2a period" like from what year to what year?

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

Oh i just stumbled over this while reading the patch notes for when the passive gains were introduced on OSI
Fishing
Fishermen at over 80 skill will have a chance to pull up a sea serpent regardless of whether they succeed or fail at fishing when in deep sea.
Bank Checks
Bank checks will allow players to carry around large sums of gold to facilitate secure trading.

To get a bank check:
Go to the banker and say, “check #” where “#” is the amount of gold you wish the check to be worth (between 5,000 and 1,000,000 gold).
If you have the gold specified in your bank, a bank check of that value will be placed in your bank box and the gold will be removed.
The bank check will look like a scroll. When single clicked, the check will tell you its value.
If you do not have enough gold in your bank, you will receive a message letting you know the check was not created.
As one of the additions to UOSA patches is
Derrick wrote: Fishers with > 80 fishing have a chance of pulling up a sea serpent on failure
Surely, if passive gains on anat and magery etc are removed. then so should this, and so should the cheques for accuracy. Otherwise, if they are considered to be accurate. then all the of the following should be introduced to.
Evaluate Intelligence can raise when Magery is used.
Anatomy can raise when either a melee skill or the healing skill is used.
Lumberjacking can raise when using an axe in melee.
Meditation can raise whenever mana is regenerated.
Hiding can raise when Stealthing.
Detect Hidden can raise when attempting to pick a lock when a chest is trapped or when disarming a trap.
Animal Lore can raise when attempting to Tame.
Not sure if any of these are already here mind.
Sorry if im wrong about any of this, i aint used to being up this early lol.