Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Information on the latest Server Patches
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Post by Ronk »

Kabal wrote: We all know this conversation could never happen. I don't understand how he couldn't anticipate this. I'm sure Derrick's UO knowledge towers above mine, but cutting those hats into cloth was the first thing I thought of when I seen it, this is what boggles my mind.
Thats okay, as I said before in the response you ignored...some of us think it boggles the mind that you really thought cutting the hats and making tons of gold off doing nothing would last forever. How could you not anticipate things changing?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I've gm'ed a lot of skills here but never tailoring because there's just about always something I'd rather do in uo than build a tailor. I was looking forward to making gathering cloth and hides with the ultimate goal of gming tailoring so I can make ice clothes and use one of those CBDs I got for Christmas that I also didnt get to use before that patch. Now that new goal or "horizon" as I like to put it, has disappeared and its leik well I can just forget about doing that now.
Last edited by Kabal on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Ronk wrote:
Kabal wrote: We all know this conversation could never happen. I don't understand how he couldn't anticipate this. I'm sure Derrick's UO knowledge towers above mine, but cutting those hats into cloth was the first thing I thought of when I seen it, this is what boggles my mind.
Thats okay, as I said before in the response you ignored...some of us think it boggles the mind that you really thought cutting the hats and making tons of gold off doing nothing would last forever. How could you not anticipate things changing?

I never had any intentions of selling this, I simply wanted to use what was given to me.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kabal wrote:I've gm'ed a lot of skills here but never tailoring because there's just about always something I'd rather do in uo than build a tailor. I was looking forward to making gathering cloth and hides with the ultimate goal of gming tailoring so I can make ice clothes and use one of those CBDs I got for Christmas that I also didnt get to use before that patch. Now that new goal or "horizon" as I like to put it, has disappeared.
Thats a sad sad song...you must be a cowboy.

Wanna hear my sad story? Once upon a time I wanted a non-breakable red orc mask. Guess what, that changed and my horizon has disappeared. Oh, and how about the gimpness of dexxers not having a solution yet? Thats a big one. All of my characters except my newest one are gimp because the rules changed.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

OK well lets get rid of all the non-breakable blessed, neon colored everything rather than continue to privilege certain people and deprive most people. How about next holiday we spawn a rare hued bloodmoss in your pack that makes a dex potion that gives +100 dex when a mortar is used on it to reward those that have a gm alchemist and punish anybody who doesn't and thinks they can win a non-free use 1v1 tourny.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

One time I played this shard that had this crap kinda similar to the silver system but the rewards were either a "mana crystal" or a "dex crystal". The mana crystal refilled all your mana when double clicked but had a 30 second cooldown and the dex crystal gave you more dex and functioned the same way. I figured out an exploit in an event and became the richest guy on the shard in what would be called silver here. I bought 4 mana crystals. I could cast never ending flamestrikes on people and once the GMs seen how powerful it was they simply did not allow any player to have more than one mana crystal but they did not take away the mana crystals people already had. I was one of 3 people with mana crystals and soon no one logged into that shard because we killed everyone so easy and the GMs wouldnt stop us. If the GMs would have at least taken our mana crystals away, it would have at least doubled the life span of that shard.

cmax333

Post by cmax333 »

is this patch already in affect?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Yes
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

cmax333 wrote:is this patch already in affect?
The ice clothes cannot be too plentiful.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Kabal wrote:One time I played this shard that had this crap kinda similar to the silver system but the rewards were either a "mana crystal" or a "dex crystal". The mana crystal refilled all your mana when double clicked but had a 30 second cooldown and the dex crystal gave you more dex and functioned the same way. I figured out an exploit in an event and became the richest guy on the shard in what would be called silver here. I bought 4 mana crystals. I could cast never ending flamestrikes on people and once the GMs seen how powerful it was they simply did not allow any player to have more than one mana crystal but they did not take away the mana crystals people already had. I was one of 3 people with mana crystals and soon no one logged into that shard because we killed everyone so easy and the GMs wouldnt stop us. If the GMs would have at least taken our mana crystals away, it would have at least doubled the life span of that shard.
Unlimited mana is not comparable to white fancy shirts. I do see where you're going with this, but a few white clothes are not game breaking by any means.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Ok, get over the clothing, Kabal some of us got shafted way worse than you with the clothing, deal with it.

What about the footstools? Is that accurate or just to curb dragon turrets?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

cmax333

Post by cmax333 »

if monsters can break stools now, can your tamed pets break them as well??

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Kabal wrote:I've gm'ed a lot of skills here but never tailoring because there's just about always something I'd rather do in uo than build a tailor. I was looking forward to making gathering cloth and hides with the ultimate goal of gming tailoring so I can make ice clothes and use one of those CBDs I got for Christmas that I also didnt get to use before that patch. Now that new goal or "horizon" as I like to put it, has disappeared and its leik well I can just forget about doing that now.

I wasn't around on Christmas and got nothing, absolutely nothing. You know what I did? I just said 'oh well' and moved on. You'll live longer and enjoy life more if you don't get hung up on things, especially superficial things like some colored cloth that someone has and you don't. If you can't transcend your infatuation with material things then at least think of all the 'cool stuff' you have that others don't and be happy about that. Ranting on forums in this manner will only make other in the community look on you with disdain or sneer at you behind your back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02zOk_LQCkY
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Kabal wrote:Super lame how I can't make any ice cloth now like everyone else did. Completely unfair, delete the other ice clothes or let me have the same opportunity. How many times has this happened where Derrick says "oops I don't know how that item got in the game ok you can have it BUT NO ONE ELSE!!" How Derrick, Grandmaster freeshard GM, could not anticipate this is beyond me.
I dun wanna' get in a firefight here, just get over it. When you say you didn't have the same opportunity as everyone else, you did. You as well as anyone with those "neon-nyan-cat" hats did have the opportunity to double click your newbied scissors you always carry with u and then click on the hat. Done. You get cloth, you can then make that into clothing whenever in the future when you have a GM tailor, and don't have to make up a story about not havin' the same opportuniy as everyone else.

And stop unleashing your frustration on Derrick, without him you wouldn't even have this silly thing to whine about.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Safir wrote: I dun wanna' get in a firefight here, just get over it. When you say you didn't have the same opportunity as everyone else, you did. You as well as anyone with those "neon-nyan-cat" hats did have the opportunity to double click your newbied scissors you always carry with u and then click on the hat. Done. You get cloth, you can then make that into clothing whenever in the future when you have a GM tailor, and don't have to make up a story about not havin' the same opportuniy as everyone else.

And stop unleashing your frustration on Derrick, without him you wouldn't even have this silly thing to whine about.
great post
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w