Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Re: Patch 142 - July 7, 2011: Mount bugs, Survival, More

Post by Derrick »

Pirul wrote:Was there any discussion on footstools being now breakable by monsters? I don't remember this issue being brought up (other than for the survival event), and there was no mention there that in era they were destroyed by monsters. And if they are destroyable by monsters, are they also axeable by players?
It's questionable whether footstools were impassable in era, the pre-t2a tile data file shows that they were indeed passable, but you did not sit down on them. We can root out exactly when this change was made, with a little bit of labor, but this has not yet been done. This change was made because monsters destroy impassible items, the way in which they do so is a little different than on production shards, however this is believed closer to accurate in any case. Footstools brought this issue to light, but they may not be the only item that had this surprising characteristic.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Derrick wrote:
Pirul wrote:Was there any discussion on footstools being now breakable by monsters? I don't remember this issue being brought up (other than for the survival event), and there was no mention there that in era they were destroyed by monsters. And if they are destroyable by monsters, are they also axeable by players?
It's questionable whether footstools were impassable in era, the pre-t2a tile data file shows that they were indeed passable, but you did not sit down on them. We can root out exactly when this change was made, with a little bit of labor, but this has not yet been done. This change was made because monsters destroy impassible items, the way in which they do so is a little different than on production shards, however this is believed closer to accurate in any case. Footstools brought this issue to light, but they may not be the only item that had this surprising characteristic.
...and suddenly the stables were a lil less crowded.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Noticing something else in this patch. Dragons walk over invisible people now. YOu can't even block them with a person.

I'm also noticing that sometimes a pet will not go in a gate when you attack it to lure it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Hooray for patch notes!
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Thnx for the explanation Derrick.
GuardianKnight wrote:Noticing something else in this patch. Dragons walk over invisible people now. YOu can't even block them with a person.
So THAT's why I was revealed while stealthing in a dungeon!! The monster was OVER me and not beside me like I thought.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Pirul wrote:Thnx for the explanation Derrick.
GuardianKnight wrote:Noticing something else in this patch. Dragons walk over invisible people now. YOu can't even block them with a person.
So THAT's why I was revealed while stealthing in a dungeon!! The monster was OVER me and not beside me like I thought.
If this happened (in this patch) it was unintentional (in this patch). Looking to see what could have caused this change. I do recall talking about this mechanic at some time in the past, and I'm not sure it hadn't already been in. Will update.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I spent quite a bit of time looking at the code to see how it might be possible that pets were now walking though hidden players, and finding nothing I turned in desperation to actually testing this on the shard.

It does not appear that there has been any change to this. Only creatures which are flying can pass through a hidden player or any other mobile.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Are pets that are told to guard suppose to enter into "flying mode" ?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sandro wrote:Are pets that are told to guard suppose to enter into "flying mode" ?
Dragons and the like will start flying (very low) if they are running. It's a very minor and incomplete flying implementation, but this mechanic has been in place for at least a couple years.

Rhis

Post by Rhis »

Take away the white items! They would clearly have been deemed illegal to own in era.

Why people even want such trammel trash is a mystery to me. If you are for t2a, you should be against all forms of neon. Whoever has this stuff should be begging for it to be taken away.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Great patch, thanks Derrick.

spghat

Post by spghat »

For every established player who lost gold with the white hats, there is a happy noob with a new small house deed. :)

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

yes the barstool patch is nice. thanks, small things here seem to go a long way.

CrackMayn7

Post by CrackMayn7 »

Does the patch affect clothing made from the july 4th hat cloth or is it just the hats?

Basically wanted to know if it is possible to cut up existing clothing items (created before and after patch) and yield the july 4th cloth?

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

CrackMayn7 wrote:Does the patch affect clothing made from the july 4th hat cloth or is it just the hats?

Basically wanted to know if it is possible to cut up existing clothing items (created before and after patch) and yield the july 4th cloth?

The patch seems to say it was only "Holiday Items given as gifts" That "Couldn't be unraveled".

Looks like its just the hats from the holiday bags.