Patch 71 - Nove 19,2008: Skills, New IRC Features

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 71 - Nove 19,2008: Skills, New IRC Features

Post by Derrick »

Small patch as far as actual game play is concerned:
  • Skill gain change to ensure a chance of gain at extremely low skill levels. (Med, Anat & Eval @ 0.0 especially)
  • Meditation skill will gain while you are actively meditating, not just on skill use.
There was also a Major upgrade to the IRC bot this morning.
  • Channel commands: !status !events !motd !vote !time and !help
  • You may also PM these commands to the bot in IRC and receive a private response.
  • PM limit is one command per 5 seconds from anyone
  • Channel command limit remains 15 seconds
  • PING/PONG responses no longer work
  • You may invite the SecondAge bot into your private channel
  • Private channels will recive all global information broadcasts, but not command responses from other channels.
  • The bot will continue to rejoin your channel unless he is kicked out.

Mirumoto

Re: Patch 71 - Nove 19,2008: Skills, New IRC Features

Post by Mirumoto »

Has this patch been applied yet? I still can't seem to break past what I vendor trained on mediation skill.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 71 - Nove 19,2008: Skills, New IRC Features

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Med actually only gained when you actively used the skill. And you needed to target your skill area with your mana pool % so example
you have 10 med skill you should target using med skill under 90% mana left. at 50 med skill you should look at using med skill at or below 50% mana pool left and so on. You used to have to adjust your macro as you gianed in med skill on osi. just set yourself to start casting the next spell at around the targetted mana left in your pool thats needed. Also wearing an amount of armour that still lets you actively med and gain helped because you could get more med skill uses off before you needed to cast your next spell. Stratics has a page on this setup I beleive I will search for it and add later.

http://web.archive.org/web/199910030457 ... dguide.htm

Return to “Patch Notes”