Patch 74 - Nov 30, 2008: Poisoned food, Stamina Loss, Mounts

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 74 - Nov 30, 2008: Poisoned food, Stamina Loss, Mounts

Post by Derrick »

Effective this morning:
  • Slight increase to stamina loss on foot and mounted
  • Can no longer mount a mount that is fighting
  • Poisoned food now records the poisoner, and will be an aggressive action to the person that eats it
  • You may now only poison one food item at a time. Poisoning stacks of food is no longer possible
  • To stack poisoned food, it must be both the same level poison and have been poisoned by the same character.
  • Healers will leave houses if trapped when someone needs a res
Other recent changes:
  • Changed to 30min saves from 20

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 74 - Nov 30, 2008: Poisoned food, Stamina Loss, Mounts

Post by ~|~Damaja »

still had to give up on tiring my horse out. I still can't get it to run out of stamina even after minutes of nonstop running. I think the resting period and fatigue drain = rate of stam loss would need to be implemented in order to solve this problem in the end. What are horses dex here?

like the save time changes :)

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

~|~Damaja wrote:still had to give up on tiring my horse out. I still can't get it to run out of stamina even after minutes of nonstop running. I think the resting period and fatigue drain = rate of stam loss would need to be implemented in order to solve this problem in the end. What are horses dex here?

like the save time changes :)
In addition, though I haven't tested it since this patch, macroing all night on a mount shouldn't work. The mount should get disgruntled and hungry and boot the rider off after a set period of time. Unless having 50 taming somehow prevents this.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Slade

Post by Slade »

~|~Damaja wrote:still had to give up on tiring my horse out. I still can't get it to run out of stamina even after minutes of nonstop running. I think the resting period and fatigue drain = rate of stam loss would need to be implemented in order to solve this problem in the end. What are horses dex here?
Even before these changes, as someone who does field PvP, I was replacing my horse daily due to fatigue from field encounters.

Just because you can't get it to run out of stamina running from West Britain bank to East Britain bank, doesn't mean the mechanic is broken or needs to be increased.

If people start losing open-field PvP encounters because their horses are always running out of stamina, you're going to have a lot of very pissed off people on your hands.

Faust

Post by Faust »

"all follow me" bug anyone?

Slade

Post by Slade »

Faust wrote:"all follow me" bug anyone?
Code it in, imo.

I certainly had it hotkeyed.

platy

Post by platy »

Slade wrote:Even before these changes, as someone who does field PvP, I was replacing my horse daily due to fatigue from field encounters.

Just because you can't get it to run out of stamina running from West Britain bank to East Britain bank, doesn't mean the mechanic is broken or needs to be increased.
I agree.. My horse goes out of stamina a few times a day.. just from looking for fights on the field. I beleive this patched made it "worse"- which i think was the point of it.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

platy wrote:
Slade wrote:Even before these changes, as someone who does field PvP, I was replacing my horse daily due to fatigue from field encounters.

I agree.. My horse goes out of stamina a few times a day.. just from looking for fights on the field. I beleive this patched made it "worse"- which i think was the point of it.
Well, I do know in T2A I always walked my horse around to prevent it from losing stamina. I saved the run speed for bursts when it was needed. Expecting to be able to ride around at full gallop all over the place is a tad silly in my opinion.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Slade

Post by Slade »

So is being able to conjure columns of flame from your fingertips.

Hence, fantasy.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Slade wrote:So is being able to conjure columns of flame from your fingertips.

Hence, fantasy.
Ok, let me rephrase then. Expecting to run at full gallop without every having your mount run out of stamina is akin to expecting all of your equipment to stay with you after death by paying a small fee or expecting to be able to hunt without ever being killed by another player and having the ability to run through them without stamina loss.

In other words the way horses were (and still are to a degree) is very trammel and not very second age. It came about from players complaining that mounts got tired too much because they wanted to quickly move anywhere with no risk, cost, or time lost.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

mynameis

Post by mynameis »

I ran out of stamina on my horse, it helps if your redlines and run for miles..

so this means that if you have unpoisoned fish steaks in your pack, and u pickup someones fish steaks and try to stack them you can't?

Which would basically cheat you out of having to ID food to see if its poisoned, I really don't like this Derrick, but if thats T2A, then I will enjoy using this bug (a.k.a. quirk)

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

mynameis wrote:I ran out of stamina on my horse, it helps if your redlines and run for miles..

so this means that if you have unpoisoned fish steaks in your pack, and u pickup someones fish steaks and try to stack them you can't?

Which would basically cheat you out of having to ID food to see if its poisoned, I really don't like this Derrick, but if thats T2A, then I will enjoy using this bug (a.k.a. quirk)
Its kinda the same as dropping a pouch or box on someone else to see if its trapped. If it lets you trade, its not trapped, if it doesn't, its trapped. Awesome test to determine whether pouches are trapped ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

mynameis

Post by mynameis »

:) tks for the tip :) :) :)
I love forums

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

mynameis wrote:so this means that if you have unpoisoned fish steaks in your pack, and u pickup someones fish steaks and try to stack them you can't?
This is a good point, but stacked items can't have individual properties, the entire stack has to be the same. Alternatevly, stacking can copy properties, but that's not desirable either.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I think mount stam loss should be quite a bit higher than it was. I was always hoping it would be, partly because it would make fighting a bit more interesting (less running from them) and also because it would boost the mighty quarterstaff a bit.