Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 75 - December 3, 2008 - Account Registration

Post by Derrick »

• Email Account Registration
  • Password change via email authentication
  • Healers will leave houses if trapped inside when someone needs a res
  • Doubled the potency of all alcohol
  • Mana and Stamina loss for intoxication now based on the level of the intoxication
  • Bug fix in crafting of Pumpkin and Peach pies
  • Fixed failures resulting from trying to cook food on a heat source that was within the players backpack.
  • Tailoring resource quantity correction for leather arms
  • Curing and Resing will be required for upper tier healing gains
  • Remove passive gains for unraveling
  • Passive anatomy and animal lore gains removed from bandaging
  • Better Med gains when actively meditating
  • Increase to pet stamina gain when feeding
  • Players will be able to access vendors in houses from which they have been banned.
  • Can now eject self from house
  • Hue and Body fix for Terathan Avengers for players with ML clients.
If you have not registered and email address to your account you will be asked to do so at least once per day on login. If you press the Cancel button on this screen you will not get the message again until after shard restart.

To register your email address, enter your email address in both boxes and click OK. A email will be dispatched to you with instructions on how to proceed.

Once you have a registered email address you can use it to validate a password change when using the [password command. You will continue to have the ability to change your password instantly if you are accessing the account from the same IP address on which the account was created.

For information on other player commands and options, type [helpinfo in game.

crabjuice

Re: Patch 75 - December 3, 2008 - Account Registration

Post by crabjuice »

Can you only eject yourself from a house you are friended, co owned, or own by using the Remove Thyself command? Or is there another technique?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

crabjuice wrote:Can you only eject yourself from a house you are friended, co owned, or own by using the Remove Thyself command? Or is there another technique?
If you're not friended or better you can just relog to eject yourself from a house. This was a feature intended for friends of the house that become trapped within.

resinbrawl

Post by resinbrawl »

At what skill lvl will curing and resing be required for skill gain?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Can this be used as a ghost? Ive been trapped in my house as a ghost a couple of times when dieing while macroing, lol.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ronk wrote:Can this be used as a ghost? Ive been trapped in my house as a ghost a couple of times when dieing while macroing, lol.
The original concept was for it to be a way for ghosts to get out of their own houses, however since ghosts can't currently ban or remove, I got hung up trying to verify whether that was accurate of not. So right now no. If anyone has info on whether ghosts were able to ban or remove from house in era please share.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Derrick wrote:
  • Passive anatomy and animal lore gains removed from bandaging
    [helpinfo in game.

not sure if this affected vet gains....but choppa and I have not gained at all today (he's at mid 90s and im at 90)
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This completely broke Vet gains over 65 or so skill. Will be fixed tommorrow. Sorry.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Ghosts could most certainly not ban/remove people from their house.

This would take a massive dump on killing someone and running into their house to loot their corpse before they can log into another character.

Also, I am quite sure that players could not remove themselves from houses friended or otherwise. I illustrate this with the following: It used to be possible to make player prisons by tabling in people to your house and then friending them, this was fun. So, EA eventually added things like "Help I am Stuck" button and the thing where you click on yourself and then click "leave house".

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mens Rea wrote:Ghosts could most certainly not ban/remove people from their house.

This would take a massive dump on killing someone and running into their house to loot their corpse before they can log into another character.

Also, I am quite sure that players could not remove themselves from houses friended or otherwise. I illustrate this with the following: It used to be possible to make player prisons by tabling in people to your house and then friending them, this was fun. So, EA eventually added things like "Help I am Stuck" button and the thing where you click on yourself and then click "leave house".
Good info, but that's a bummer. We get quite a few pages from ghosts who've killed theirselves. I jGuess the OSI answer is sorry we can't help you with that.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I know 100% a ghost couldn't ban or remove people form the house. Hence why it was always crucial to get in and kill them b efore they banned ya :-p
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RawToxic »

Derrick wrote:
  • Bug fix in crafting of Pumpkin and Peach pies
  • Can now eject self from house
I hope you mean Pumpkin Pies and Fruit Pie's that are made from Dough and Pears....

I know for a fact that the remove thyself did work because I used it all the time. However, i also agree that it was only usable by friends, co-owners, and owners of the property and was usable by target on anyone. I do not believe that friends were able to eject co-owners or owners. Unfriended people could log out and log back in to escape the house but if trapped on purpose they were usually dead by the time they logged back in anways.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid

Faust

Post by Faust »

Housing Update Phase 3 Dec 21 1998 1:48PM

- Ban works exactly as "add a friend" does, except it bans.
Any house friend may use this command.
Banning will also eject the character from the house, to three tiles from the door.
You cannot ban a friend of the house.
A message explaining what happened is given to the victim.
There is a limit of 50 bans.

- Eject will bring up a targeting cursor and allow you to target someone.
Any house friend may use this command.
The targeted individual will be sent outside the house, 3 tiles from the door.
The ejected character must be a player.
Friends of the house may not be ejected.
A message explaining what happened is given to the victim.
I didn't recall ever being able to ban or eject a friend of the house. I looked into it and here is what I found. There wasn't anything on this matter later on from what I could find in the patch notes about this topic.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Derrick wrote:Good info, but that's a bummer. We get quite a few pages from ghosts who've killed theirselves. I jGuess the OSI answer is sorry we can't help you with that.
Well you could always just inform them of:

1) Press the help button.
2) Click I am stuck.
3) Click on the town to wish to return to.

Easy peasy.

It might be worth looking at what date this was implemented, but I use it when I am lazy, or when I am looting a massive load of something and have no gate regs so I just hide and hold onto it while I wait to be taken to town. Easy peasy.

Divvet

Post by Divvet »

just to note,
i added my email to my account last night, server just restarted. and its asking for me to do it again.
anyone else getting this?