Patch 76 - Dec 11, 2008: Item/Taste ID, Poisoning

Information on the latest Server Patches
Derrick

Patch 76 - Dec 11, 2008: Item/Taste ID, Poisoning

Post by Derrick »

These items are new this morning:
  • All Weapons, Armor, Wands, Jewelry and Clothing now identified per mobile (50 max)
  • Correction to release and unsecure text response font
  • The chance of poisoning with a weapon hit is now the poisoners skill / 4. All existing poisoned weapons are grandfathered and treated as 100.0 skill for the purpose of hit chance (25%).
  • You can no longer fail to poison a weapon over 80 Skill (as long as you are able to use the poison). This means a Deadly Poison potion is never wasted. This change has no effect on skill gain rate.
  • Kegs now permanently identified per mobile via Taste ID (50 max)
  • Fix to weapon swing speeds that was causing a reset of the movement penalty when weapons were armed and disarmed.
These items have been active for a couple days:
  • Criminals cannot use even gates
  • Adjustments to intoxication effects
  • Tinkering will consume items on failure as per 1998 patch note
  • More accurate timings and overhead messages for taming
  • The rest of the messages and text have been converted to the old font.
  • Stuck Menu now correctly detects Britannia or lost lands in dungeons.
  • Pies now only cookable in ovens
  • Flour mills now require 3 sheaves of wheat to make flour
  • Graphics correction for flour mill states
  • Some missing text messaged added for cooking
  • Meat pies can now be made with cooked meats
  • New messages for placing forges, anvils, spinning wheels
  • Bandage resing is now prevented in Tourney arena
  • Correction to Meditation success formula
  • Item ID appraisal working
  • Another fix to monsters following hidden players
  • Vendors will not buy stolen items
On the poisoning changes, here's an exerpt from an era poisoning guide:
http://web.archive.org/web/200004181437 ... skill.html
The Outcast Lietgardis, Grandmaster Alchemist and Assassin wrote: Some people say that since you will never fail to apply poison after 80 skill, you should stop trying to raise skill and just start poisoning for people. The math is deceptive – although it is true that chance to poison per hit is poisoner’s skill/4, the difference between a 20% chance-to-poison at 80 skill and the 25% chance-to-poison at 100 is very noticeable. Raise your skill to at least 95 before you allow others to entrust you with poisoning their blades for them, lest they not poison their enemies at all and you gain a poor reputation!

Faust

Re: Patch 76 - Dec 12, 2008: Item/Taste ID, Poisoning

Post by Faust »

Nice work.

I'm glad the bug that I found for equipping weapons that ignored the movement restrictions was fixed and included this quickly with this patch. I'm surprised it was active for so long without it becoming widely abused. A dexer utilizing that with a katana could machine gun their hits on the move. This will also resolve a lot of the hally issues that many people has been experiencing.

Nice to see that singular item and keg id is finally in too. :wink:

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Thanks for getting the poisoning changes in Derrick!

All Weapons, Armor, Wands, Jewelry and Clothing now identified per mobile (50 max)

What does this mean?

Kegs now permanently identified per mobile via Taste ID (50 max)

Again? does this mean if my alchem ID's a keg a person who wished to buy it could see what type of potions are in the keg clicking on it?

That would be great for us honest potion sellers...

I dont know what the "per mobile... 50 max" means.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Item ID worked on a singular basis Hoots. For example, Person A ID's a magical weapon. Person B will not be able to tell what that weapon is unless he also ID's it. The 50 max is the limit on how many people are retained in the ID list. This means if you ID'd the weapon, and than 50 other people ID'd the weapon afterwards you would be removed from the list and would have to ID it again. Previously if one person ID'd the weapon than everyone would be able to tell what that weapon is forever.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Hoots wrote:Thanks for getting the poisoning changes in Derrick!

All Weapons, Armor, Wands, Jewelry and Clothing now identified per mobile (50 max)

What does this mean?

Kegs now permanently identified per mobile via Taste ID (50 max)

Again? does this mean if my alchem ID's a keg a person who wished to buy it could see what type of potions are in the keg clicking on it?

That would be great for us honest potion sellers...

I dont know what the "per mobile... 50 max" means.
I am sure ill be corrected if I am wrong but in the old school UO each item kept a list of 50 people who identified the item. Only those people on the list could see what the item was without identifying.

So, lets say we find a magic kryss. Currently the list is at zero people. You identify it and see it is now a 'a magic kryss of power'. Anyone else who looks at it still sees 'a magic kryss' because their name isn't on the list. But you will see 'a kyrss of power' any time you view it.

Now, lets say this weapon changes hands 100 times and each person identifies it. You're name will eventually get pushed off of the list since it has a max of 50. This means when you view the kryss down the road you just see 'a magic kryss' until you identify it again.

This is one reason I use to roll with an identify wand. Normally you couldnt' tell what someones equipment was by looking at their paper doll. You had to identify it to see if they were using a vanq or junk. Then you'd know who to kill and who to let live ;-)
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Faust

Post by Faust »

Very good description Ronk. This is absolutely correct without any flaws.

On another note pertaining to the kegs. Kegs worked in the same manner as magic items. For example, an unidentified keg would say "a keg of yellow liquid" and an identified keg would say "a keg of greater heals". This of course isn't the exact wording, but an example of how it works.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Faust wrote:Very good description Ronk. This is absolutely correct without any flaws.

On another note pertaining to the kegs. Kegs worked in the same manner as magic items. For example, an unidentified keg would say "a keg of yellow liquid" and an identified keg would say "a keg of greater heals". This of course isn't the exact wording, but an example of how it works.

So to be clear... when i ID a keg, and goto sell it, the buyer cannot tell what it is unless he taste ID's it himself?

Correct?

Thanks for the replies!

Wick

Post by Wick »

I dont recall criminals not being able to use gates ever. weird.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hoots wrote: So to be clear... when i ID a keg, and goto sell it, the buyer cannot tell what it is unless he taste ID's it himself?

Correct?
Yes, that would be correct. It will be similar to selling a magic weapon besides the fact that anyone can tell what color the liquid is without using the skill.

Wick wrote:I dont recall criminals not being able to use gates ever. weird.
This patch just removed the ability to do this with the event gates. Criminal penalties for recall and gates wasn't added until the UOR publish.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:
Wick wrote:I dont recall criminals not being able to use gates ever. weird.
This patch just removed the ability to do this with the event gates. Criminal penalties for recall and gates wasn't added until the UOR publish.
Aye. Thieves at brit bank were stealing and then running though the event gate when it was open.

platy

Post by platy »

so is this in today, or is it in tomorrow? [december 12 date of patch is not today]

Faust

Post by Faust »

It was probably just a typo. I'm sure he'll fix it soon as he notices this thread again. Staying up all night coding can cause severe sleep deprivation. :wink:

Derrick

Re: Patch 76 - Dec 11, 2008: Item/Taste ID, Poisoning

Post by Derrick »

Date fixed. thanks!

venox

Post by venox »

i like it :)

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

ok so is why i could arm staff hit then disarm arm hit repeat and machine gun almost ? glad thats fixed though damn Dexxors. lol
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.