Derrick

Patch 78 - Dec 30, 2008 - Mostly Bug Fixes

Post by Derrick »

• NPC's cannot use Event Gates
  • Increase to ID Wand charges
  • Fix to poisoning sound
  • Increase to LostLands creatures
  • Event Gates will no longer teleport pets
  • Fix to animals not fighting back unless they could see you when you attacked
  • Spelling correction to attack message and insta res menu.
  • Some creatures will not or have reduced chance of them fleeing.
  • Tamed Pets should no longer try to Return Home
  • Allows ID wands to work on vendor items
  • Most Help menus updated with correct URL's
  • Suggestions and Bug Report help requests go to website
  • Stuck requests, when in a house, will remove the player from the house
  • Arrow hits on mobs now correctly get placed in the monsters backpack again.
  • Removed most hues for hats on Tailor and Provisioner
  • Wider range of robe colors for evil mages
  • Fixed some creatures which should not open doors, but were doing so.

caveman

Re: Patch 78 - Dec 30, 2008 - Mostly Bug Fixes

Post by caveman »

Derrick wrote:
  • Wider range of robe colors for evil mages
"mare cloth" robes are no longer available, as far as I can tell. Killed over 100 mages and didn't find one. That shade would usually spawn on about 10-15% of the mages. I don't think any of the previous shades do. The new ones all seem slightly different than the ones before the patch.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Mare cloth, or Evil mage cloth was the actual cloth that you would find off of Evil mages. The cloth's color was a specific color out of the blue range of colors, and was specifically hue 1309. The late UOR special hue cloth for 4th year veterans, and as a reward from the Bulk Order Deed system, was hue 1109. Although I don't know the specific weight that is given to any one blue hue in our code, assuming an even distribution, actual mare cloth has a 2% chance to drop.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

caveman

Post by caveman »

Kaivan wrote:Mare cloth, or Evil mage cloth was the actual cloth that you would find off of Evil mages. The cloth's color was a specific color out of the blue range of colors, and was specifically hue 1309. The late UOR special hue cloth for 4th year veterans, and as a reward from the Bulk Order Deed system, was hue 1109. Although I don't know the specific weight that is given to any one blue hue in our code, assuming an even distribution, actual mare cloth has a 2% chance to drop.
the evil mages in early t2a could spawn with somewhere between 9 and 16 shades, I can't remember exactly but within that range. At some point in t2a all evil mages, including the mage lords, changed to all where blue robes but they only spawned 4 different shades, one of which was still the "mare cloth". With UOR it was changed again and the "mare cloth" no longer spawned off the mages.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

caveman wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Mare cloth, or Evil mage cloth was the actual cloth that you would find off of Evil mages. The cloth's color was a specific color out of the blue range of colors, and was specifically hue 1309. The late UOR special hue cloth for 4th year veterans, and as a reward from the Bulk Order Deed system, was hue 1109. Although I don't know the specific weight that is given to any one blue hue in our code, assuming an even distribution, actual mare cloth has a 2% chance to drop.
the evil mages in early t2a could spawn with somewhere between 9 and 16 shades, I can't remember exactly but within that range. At some point in t2a all evil mages, including the mage lords, changed to all where blue robes but they only spawned 4 different shades, one of which was still the "mare cloth". With UOR it was changed again and the "mare cloth" no longer spawned off the mages.
You need to check your PMs.

I also have not seen any mare cloth.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

caveman wrote:
It was actually a full 54 shades of blue that could be dropped. The information about this is confirmed through the demo with the blue hues being defined as hues 1301 - 1354. This is also confirmed through Inside UO as the correct range for blue hues (a slight adjustment is necessary, Inside UO is missing two colors at the beginning of the list which pulls the blue listing down to 1299-1352). Since 1309 is within this color range, it can be seen on Evil mages, but at a much lower rate due to the ability to see other colors on the mage cloth. However, it is true that with late T2A and on into UOR that each mage had a specific color that it would spawn which stopped the spawn of mare colored cloth permanently.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

All the previous shades that Evil Mages were wearing are within the new range. No shade was removed, the rest were just added. There are indeed many more now, so if you're looking for a particular shade it will now be more rare.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Derrick wrote:All the previous shades that Evil Mages were wearing are within the new range. No shade was removed, the rest were just added. There are indeed many more now, so if you're looking for a particular shade it will now be more rare.
Finally got one today.

Return to “Patch Notes”