Patch 80 - January 15, 2009

Information on the latest Server Patches
Raptor

Re: Patch 80 - January 15, 2009

Post by Raptor »

I played a tamer on OSI during this era. For that reason, I do recall the pets losing loyalty faster with more pets, but from what I remember this only applied to dragons and their volatile/jealous nature. I cannot provide a source for this info other than my memory; however, there was a reason that tamers did not run around with 10 dragons during this era.

Regarding the hiding bug: the only one that I remember being on OSI was teleport clearing your attack status. Teleport rings were godly on my dexer. Not positive if this was t2a though.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Raptor wrote:
Regarding the hiding bug: the only one that I remember being on OSI was teleport clearing your attack status. Teleport rings were godly on my dexer. Not positive if this was t2a though.
That is how I remember it too.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

took 6 drags out of the stable, walked ot the bank
had to feed them all to get them into a gate,
maybe 15 seconds out of the stable
was very difficult to get them into the gate ,
hunting with them will lose drags every time, cant control them at all, burned through 60 steaks in about 10 minutes and still wouldnt listen to me

i never played a tamer on osi so i dont really have a clue as to accuracy ect
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

ClowN wrote:i also remember the hiding bug as being era accurate. Im not positive but i thought it was something like the higher your hiding skill, the closer you could be and still pull off a successful hide, after tabbing out of combat.
I have no clue what the hiding bug is but I do remember specifically being told that at GM hiding you could hide, regardless of line of sight, as long as you were 7+ tiles away (or was it more than 7...). Dunno how accurate this is but I figured it may be relevant.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ClowN wrote:i also remember the hiding bug as being era accurate. Im not positive but i thought it was something like the higher your hiding skill, the closer you could be and still pull off a successful hide, after tabbing out of combat.
Aye, this is accurate and currently supported, as is the teleport then hide.
The bug fixed was allowing players to hide directly adjacent to a person attacking them.

Thanks much for the research on this Kefka. Much of the taming changes from this patch were rolled back this morning until more info can be gathered. I had this item on the to-do list for a long time and it was believed accurate (although even if so clearly overdone in this patch). More testing should have been done on this, however it's often hard to get a sense of the effect until it's on the live server.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Why was my post ignored?

Where do you get the information for stable capacity? I hope this wasn't done to help whining tamers only...this only means I have more chickens to buy!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sorry about passing over your question.
We're not going to release the specific stable capacities but they were increased simply to adjust for our growing population. This is not a thread about the Britainnia poulrty economy however.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Why was my post ignored?

Where do you get the information for stable capacity? I hope this wasn't done to help whining tamers only...this only means I have more chickens to buy!
I think stable capacity would be one of the hardest things to prove. However, there is no reason that stables on a shard with a few hundred players should ever become full when on OSI I never had a problem finding a stable that was not full. Mind you, OSI had thousands, and thousands of players, not hundreds.

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Stables in lost lands were commonly full on OSI shards. We know that stables had limits, the number we used though is based more on our population than on a precise number for the same reasons you cite above.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Thanks Derrick.

I do believe that it's a good idea to have the stable capacities proportionate to the server population. If they had the same capacity as the OSI servers, I'm sure anyone would find it very hard to fill them up, even if they were to purchase tons of animals just to mess with tamers :)

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Cpt Spaulding

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

The stables bein' full have nothin' t' do with the population. It has everythin' t' do with morons that fill them up with sheep an' other useless pets t' piss people off. What griefer wouldn't spend 5k t' keep every tamer on the server from stablin' their dragons...
Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

kalosjakar

Post by kalosjakar »

Your a genious Capt. I must begin immediately.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Cpt Spaulding wrote:The stables bein' full have nothin' t' do with the population. It has everythin' t' do with morons that fill them up with sheep an' other useless pets t' piss people off. What griefer wouldn't spend 5k t' keep every tamer on the server from stablin' their dragons...
I could be wrong but I believe this was how it was in T2A as well.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

ichi

Post by ichi »

sheep are a valuable commodity! :mrgreen:

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Ronk wrote: I could be wrong but I believe this was how it was in T2A as well.
I would disagree with this. I do remember Del stable filling up at times but it was very rare.

I dont think i had ever seen another stable besides del full.

When Del was full on OSI you simply told your pet to stay and came back 10 minutes later to stable him. So many players where claiming/stabling that it never took long to get a slot if the stable was full.

As far as i remember stable griefing never took place on OSI as it was probably not possible, err feasible may be a better word, on OSI.

It is a tough call bc seeing a stable filled up by a 250 person player base is certainly not era accurate... I think we all can agree on that.