Patch 148 - Aug 3 2012 - Housing & spells, NCD's...

Information on the latest Server Patches
Daemonne

Re: Patch 148 - Aug 3 2012 - Housing & spells, NCD's...

Post by Daemonne »

jimm1432 wrote:
Daemonne wrote:On Teleporting, I don't know about T2A, but I do remember in UO:R to get past PKs to get into your home you had to teleport to just adjacent to your doorstep then step on and bolt into your house to get in. Of course I have no documentation of this but it may give someone better at research a jumping off point.
yes in uo:r what make this statement worthless... you could tele out you door in uor if u wanted.
And yet, I'm not talking about tele into or out of your home, I am referring to the discussion on not being able to tele up to 5 tiles to a home.
Not everything in UO:R was changed from T2A. My point was to give someone with better research skills than myself a focal point, as I stated. Not to open the door to statements on what is worthless or not.

What may seem worthless to you may be just the memory jog someone else needed to be able to confirm or deny with documentation or other proof on the validity of teleporting within 5 tiles of a home.
But thanks for your opinion, just the same.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

what i meat is during uor the restriction was removed, meaning you could tele out/around houses. your memory is right but wrong timeframe.

Etras
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Etras »

Is this restriction around any house? Or just the houses that you own? I take it you would have to mark from a fair distance if you owned a house in a 'mall' type area.

Misread. You'd have to move out to TP out. NVM.
Last edited by Etras on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Daemonne wrote:
jimm1432 wrote:
Daemonne wrote:On Teleporting, I don't know about T2A, but I do remember in UO:R to get past PKs to get into your home you had to teleport to just adjacent to your doorstep then step on and bolt into your house to get in. Of course I have no documentation of this but it may give someone better at research a jumping off point.
yes in uo:r what make this statement worthless... you could tele out you door in uor if u wanted.
And yet, I'm not talking about tele into or out of your home, I am referring to the discussion on not being able to tele up to 5 tiles to a home.
Not everything in UO:R was changed from T2A. My point was to give someone with better research skills than myself a focal point, as I stated. Not to open the door to statements on what is worthless or not.

What may seem worthless to you may be just the memory jog someone else needed to be able to confirm or deny with documentation or other proof on the validity of teleporting within 5 tiles of a home.
But thanks for your opinion, just the same.
While we appreciate the anecdotal evidence, memories are not sufficient to change a mechanic, and we haven't been presented with compelling evidence to the contrary. In my own research on the subject, I was unable to find any patch notes changing the behavior of teleport near multi objects, nor was I able to find any mention of specifically teleporting near multi objects at any time.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Derrick wrote: Corrections this morning:
  • There are no summon restrictions on boats
  • The only summons which are restricted within houses are EV's and BS's
This change did not come into effect. As of 5 minutes ago, I could not summon an animal or any of the 8th circle summoning spells inside my home.

I tried this only on a tower and a small house, both yielded the same result.

I did not test boats at all.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

On an unrelated, yet relevant note...when are furniture dye tubs coming?!?!?!?! Pretty sure it was decided LONG ago that it is era accurate!

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Kaivan wrote: While we appreciate the anecdotal evidence, memories are not sufficient to change a mechanic, and we haven't been presented with compelling evidence to the contrary. In my own research on the subject, I was unable to find any patch notes changing the behavior of teleport near multi objects, nor was I able to find any mention of specifically teleporting near multi objects at any time.

Jan 3 1998
Ok, there is one spot outside of the castle that will allow line of sight so
that you can teleport into the courtyard. Finding this spot it the only hard
part. My best advice is to go somewhat SW from the door until there are only
1-2 tiles of courtyard in the very top right corner of the screen. Try a few
times, once you get the spot down, it will be worth all the trying.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ec2766436a

Just found this...It shows that in early 1998 you were able to teleport near player housing. I think if we cant find any patch notes that changed this it should go back to the way it was.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Feb 1999:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 3173105644

From this post I would ASSUME that they are casting Blade Spirit inside the home as apposed to outside and then leading it inside...

Feb 15 1999:
There are no real ways to get GM fast, faster yes but not fast. As for
trapping them you have to lock down the boxes you are using to trap the
blade. Lock them down so the blade will be boxed in and cast inside the
center of the boxes. In a small house you can use one of the corners of the
house.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 458439f7f5

You can cast BS inside a house...

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is one of the reports from players that suggests to us that blade spirits could be cast inside houses for a period of time. This newsgroup thread suggests that it is was longer possible to cast blade spirits in your house anymore, which could indicate some temporary change that was later undone (note: this post is the latest date that we can find which even talks about casting blade spirits in a house). We're currently looking for more information that can clear up whether you can or can't cast blade spirits in a house, but for the moment, we've decided not to add it in due to conflicting information.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Robbbb wrote: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ec2766436a

Just found this...It shows that in early 1998 you were able to teleport near player housing. I think if we cant find any patch notes that changed this it should go back to the way it was.
Nice find. Did anyone make the connection here that it was then known all the way back in 1998 that you could target under castle walls?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

mr mahoney

Post by mr mahoney »

Derrick wrote:
Robbbb wrote: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ec2766436a

Nice find. Did anyone make the connection here that it was then known all the way back in 1998 that you could target under castle walls?

So are large houses still unsafe with the LOS targetting? Coming back and hearing alot of complaints about this issue but not finding if it has been resolved or if this patch resolved it, or if it is even going to get resolved.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

They are not safe. I mean, they mostly are - it's a PITA to take advantage of this bug, and no one seems to be doing it.

But, if you have enemies, or are frequently sitting AFK in a large house (i.e. macroing counts overnight) and are visible, certainly expect to be killed.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Why can't I EV on a boat.. Was that accidentally implemented?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

After reviewing the thread, and I don't think we made the determination that EV's and BS's were sumonable to boat decks. The '98 OSI code we reviewed was pretty specific that they could not be summoned on any item, including multi's (houses and boats). I'd like to have Kaivan confirm this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Derrick wrote:After reviewing the thread, and I don't think we made the determination that EV's and BS's were sumonable to boat decks. The '98 OSI code we reviewed was pretty specific that they could not be summoned on any item, including multi's (houses and boats). I'd like to have Kaivan confirm this.
I know 'memory' doesnt dictate, but I can vividly remember my miner being killed on my boat from blades cast by ore-pirates.

I can also remember raising archery from shore by shooting at summons on boats...

Also, i cant be the only one who remember casting a blade in your house and then banning it to deal with house greifers can I?

But I digress. Good luck getting to the bottom of it.