Patch 149 - Sept 24 2012: Shopkeeper accounting

Information on the latest Server Patches
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Patch 149 - Sept 24 2012: Shopkeeper accounting

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:So it appears that once an item hits that stage of disuse, it's branded for life as unsellable.
Shopkeepers can tell if the item has been severly damaged and it's maximum durability has been decreased below any future utility, I suspect this is the trouble here; this patch should not have effected this.

Thanks guys!
FYI... getting a brand new item down to "about to fall apart", then repairing it to "unused"... it still can't be sold. My understanding is that such a repair would only take 1-2 HPs off of an item's max. So presumably upon repairing for the first time, it should be able to be sold.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well I have to say between my training bowyer and my fisher neither has been affected much. I still sell everything in my normal spots just fine. Jewelry is the only thing that i've seen affected but im still able to get them sold. So I'm fine with the change.

Westo

Post by Westo »

Seriously... Is anything going to happen with this? Can we change it back to the way it was so we can sell our useless junk to the NPC vendors?

Honestly, not everything on this shard can be Era-Accurate, because, being from that ERA, people did things differently back then. Here, we are all experienced players. Back in that "ERA" most people were Moderate at best, and NPC vendors were always being bought from, mainly because we couldn't have 3 accounts to be able to craft and do anything we want.

PLEASE DERRICK! I'm Being CALM and Rational here... Not EVERYTHING needs to be ERA-ACCURATE.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Westo wrote:Seriously... Is anything going to happen with this? Can we change it back to the way it was so we can sell our useless junk to the NPC vendors?

Honestly, not everything on this shard can be Era-Accurate, because, being from that ERA, people did things differently back then. Here, we are all experienced players. Back in that "ERA" most people were Moderate at best, and NPC vendors were always being bought from, mainly because we couldn't have 3 accounts to be able to craft and do anything we want.

PLEASE DERRICK! I'm Being CALM and Rational here... Not EVERYTHING needs to be ERA-ACCURATE.
actually, there is a better argument to make vendor selling tougher than it is now.

You are only competing with a few hundred players to sell your good now compared to thousands in era..

Not to mention, creative players have already found ways to deal with this using in-era mechanics.
as long a New players (see Bower/Fisher post above yours) arnt unreasonably hindered, I dont think its that big of a deal. Just gotta adapt! Thats what this game is all about.

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

Welllll this is a good reason why i should start reading every patch note, i am one of those tmappers that stockpile about 100 bags of "waste" u know hardening and lower armor, might and lower weapons, etc etc, and now i have about 50 bags of junk i cant sell, all this means to me is my tmap prices will be going down, and i will be hoarding away junk until something changes or people need crummy armor for some reason, or maybe another CUB of sorts, anyways, thi IS Era accurate btw.
-Apac, Pro Solo Provo/Treasure Hunter, Part Time Businessman/Broker
-Krillin, Tank Mage, Wannabe PvP'er
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

We can all thank Telamon for this patch.

This patch was put in to stop Telamon. Guy killed this shard in so many ways.

What ways can you make money now? Can't sell to NPC's, without camping em 24/7 waiting for someone to buy something off them, then you can sell to 'em.

Guess Telamon's Uber Scroll Selling script ain't worth shit now. Any loot off monsters will be nigh to impossible to sell off. Take nothing but high end Magic Items and gold off mobs now. Lockpicking is useless and really treasure hunting too.

Galendae

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I thank era accuracy.

If this is how it was in era, then glad we have it here. Adapt or perish.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

I take back what i said about this being a total drag, still a drag having to go to 8-16 different locations to sell stuff, i havnt tried gems but i save all mine anyways, but as for armor and weapons i was able to sell off most of what i had stocked up, i think derreck has adjusted the npc money accurately, this is era accurate btw like i said, back in osi days i remember it impossible with the thousands of players to sell even a single item some times, but on here with the lower traffic i was able to sell stuff, so i am grateful that vendor selling isnt completely impossible, and now there is no way poeple can just set a macro and make millions with little to no effort. Its not THAT bad now guys, in the long run we will all learn to adjust to it. But i am little scared that when i decide to cash in the 10k scrolls i have been saving up it will take me awhile, but oh well, it is kind of fun just saving them, not like i need the money right away, might just go for 60k of each scroll :shock: j/k i dont think thats possible at the rate i collect them off tmaps.
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

LiquidFire wrote:But i am little scared that when i decide to cash in the 10k scrolls i have been saving up it will take me awhile, but oh well, it is kind of fun just saving them, not like i need the money right away, might just go for 60k of each scroll :shock: j/k i dont think thats possible at the rate i collect them off tmaps.
Make a macro, make full spellbooks, and donate them to NEW. That's what I've done (only 3 so far, but gotta start somewhere!).

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

I checked i have enuf scrolls for 100 scroll books i think, atleast that was the lowest bundle i had, sorry for teh yellow and pink, my 5yr old daughter is wanting me to show her the magic world of the computer.
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Good job, Sir!

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Pirul wrote:I thank era accuracy.

If this is how it was in era, then glad we have it here. Adapt or perish.

False!

Just keep all of your junk and let it pile up in a house and see how long it takes them to remove this patch once it takes 5 min per save....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Blaine the Gypsy

Post by Blaine the Gypsy »

Why sell it to shopkeepers that have no interest when you could recycle the items or just don't loot them.
UOSA: Village of Paws - Gypsy Tribe of Spirituality - "Ignavus"
UO: LS guilds [Red] [Rx2] [OMEN] HC member/co-creator
Drach wGt Gypsy Village

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Blaine the Gypsy wrote:Why sell it to shopkeepers that have no interest when you could recycle the items or just don't loot them.
Bc this is NOT ERA ACCURATE!!!!

UO is/was/always will be ALL ABOUT HOARDING!

FACT!

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

Blaine the Gypsy wrote:Why sell it to shopkeepers that have no interest when you could recycle the items or just don't loot them.
Why would I just leave the items to rot, when i could just take them back to the tower, pile em up, and then one day sort real fast, id it, then sell off the crud, and keep the goods, Basically every couple of weeks i sell of my junk and it brings in an extra 100-200k for maybe couple hours of sorting/iding/etc.

As for Recycle, i guess i could smelt down the metal and cut up the leather items but i rather have the gold, ive never checked the difference but im guessing selling to npcs bring more gold then selling the ingots/leather.
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield